It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Addicts and Alcoholics Message Board

• CRANK

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-16-2001, 02:31 PM   #1
    alazay

alazay HB User
    Post CRANK

Can someone tell explain to me what "crank" is and what it does to you, and what the long term effects are?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2001, 02:26 PM   #2
    Victoria

Dear Alazay,

Crank is the slang term for methamphetamine. I layman's terms, it's speed. From what I've read recently, it's a mixture of Sudafed, cooked with lighter fluid, and reduced to a crystal, powdery form.

I've only tried it a few times, nearly 20 years ago, and it's not fun. You get lots of energy, and you crash HARD when it wears off. I can't speak as to the long term effects, as I was lucky enough not to become addicted to it.

I did have friends who were addicted, however. I no longer associate with them, but I know people would do "lines" of it, and then blood would pour out of their noses onto the mirror. I've heard it will literally eat your sinus cavity away, after repeated usage.

Just curious, but why did you ask? Do you, or a loved one, have a problem with it?

Old 03-20-2001, 07:59 AM   #3
    Christine

Christine HB User
    crank, or speed is BAD news - just read some of the posts here from others who have or had addictions with it.

I met my ex husband when I was 21 in Texas - he was a former crank addict - and he turned me on to it - I was hooked immediatly - I snorted then shot it - it is a horrible drug. It's cheap - the econimical soluction for me that loved cocaine, and the high lasted much longer. The crash, however, lasts for days. I moved back to New England to get away from it.

Old 03-11-2005, 10:20 AM   #4
    windysan
    Inactive
    (male)

windysan HB User
    Re: CRANK

Meth, crank, redneck cocaine, speed, crystal, trucker dope......the stuff is deadly and kills quickly.

Closed Thread