It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Addicts and Alcoholics Message Board

• wife is stealing my medication! what do i do?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-20-2013, 09:14 AM   #1
    nagant
    (male)

nagant HB User
    wife is stealing my medication! what do i do?

My wife of 7 yrs has been taking my pain killers. When I confronted her she said she had been taking them for about a yr and a half and she needs help to get off them.. I was pretty upset that she was stealing my pills, but I tried to help her rehab didnt help counseling didnt help. Its been almost a yr since I confronted her and she is now buying the pills and steals mine when she can and recently started smoking(cigarettes). she always says she is going to quit but never does. Same excuses and lies.. I need help!!! what do i do. I want to help but im tired of it all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2013, 10:19 AM   #2
    whorizon
    (male)

whorizon HB User
    Re: wife is stealing my medication! what do i do?

wow, that is a biggie. not unusual though. My ex never took my meds, but others did, and still try to when they think they can.

I got to the point where I keep mine locked up all the time and no one else has the key. I keep enough on me to (barring the unforeseen) last me the day.

But I realize this isn't what you need. You want to have the peace of mind that your meds are there when you need them and that you can trust the person you chose as your partner.

The problem is, forced rehab will never work. People have to want to stop, not stop because they have to. I'm certainly no psychiatrist, but do you do things together? Does she work or have activities? Talking, communication is the biggest thing. If you can't communicate then you're doomed.

That being said, if you love her don't give up. There are few things in this world that can't be undone.

good luck. If you feel like sharing, let us know how it goes.

Old 05-20-2013, 10:47 AM   #3
    nagant
    (male)

nagant HB User

Thank you.. We use to do everything together seem like anymore we get farther apart. We have 2 children and the oldest one is catching on to whats going on. She is 11 and she is mine from previous wife who is no longer around. Passed 10yrs ago. we have seen a several Dr. and counselors. The counselor said to take kids and leave till she hits bottom. Dont know if that will happen and ild fell like im giving up on her whhen she needs me.. I guess i cant help her if she wont help herself..

Old 05-20-2013, 10:52 AM   #4
    Dharma513
    (female)

Dharma513 HB User

Lock them up and tell NOBODY you take them. Not even your wife. Guard your assets (all money) because she will start buying them from other people. She is addicted and has to want to stop.

Good luck. Personally, I'd pack up and leave. An addict needs a wake up call before they get help Remember: An addict only tells the truth when their mouth is CLOSED!

Old 05-20-2013, 01:44 PM   #5
    rudiraven
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User

You need to do what the counselor told you to do and pack up the kids and leave. Maybe that will wake her up! The most important thing right now is the children and their well being. It's only going to get worse. She has to decide on her own that she wants help. Hang tough and do what you must

Old 05-21-2013, 06:01 AM   #6
    nagant
    (male)

nagant HB User

first I want to thank u all. this morning I opened my own account and switched my direct deposit. I am hate to go but it seems my once best friend is changing into someone else. hopefully she will get help at least I hope so. just dont understand how someone could pick a little white pill over there family...

Old 05-21-2013, 07:36 AM   #7
    Dharma513
    (female)

Dharma513 HB User

The first pill is a choice, after that, it's an illness, out of her control. It takes over. You're doing the right thing. Best wishes

Closed Thread