It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Addicts and Alcoholics Message Board

• have you heard of stacker 3's?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-28-2003, 06:12 PM   #1
    dachick_15

dachick_15 HB User
    Unhappy have you heard of stacker 3's?

hi, my boyfriend has been taking stacker 3's to feel the "high". I am worried that he will hurt himself or get addicted. Is there something I can say to make him realize it is bad? It is common at his school to take them for the energy it give and not for the diet. If anyone knows about this diet pill, I would like to know the effects and what could happen if he gets addicted. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2003, 07:04 AM   #2
    BlueSkies

BlueSkies HB User
    I'm pretty sure that stacker 3 contains ephedra, which can be very dangerous. Because it isn't FDA approved, there are no comprehensive statistics, but it is rumored to cause heart attack & stroke, among other things. I wish the FDA would pull it off the market, I had to battle with my husband forever to get him to stop taking it.

Old 01-30-2003, 06:02 PM   #3
    dachick_15

dachick_15 HB User
    Unhappy

Thank you for the information!!! if you dont mind me asking, why did your husband take them? was it the same reason: for the high? is there any good sites about ephedra?

Old 01-31-2003, 01:05 PM   #4
    BlueSkies

BlueSkies HB User
    My husband pretended that he was doing it to lose weight. And he DID lose weight. But he also lost his sanity. He is an alcoholic to begin with, but it got so much worse when he was taking the diet pills. I'll never know exactly how many he was taking, but in the end he got so bad that he would wake up and not remember his own name. Plus, the ephedra would make him feel energetic, so he would go play sports and come in dripping with sweat, out of breath and red as a fire truck. He barely noticed because he was so high. I'm not sure of a website, but in this month's Glamour magazine they have a good article about it. Maybe their website has it as well. Good luck!

Closed Thread