It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Addicts and Alcoholics Message Board

• How can I help him? My boyfriend is a drug addict/alcoholic!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-19-2014, 02:52 AM   #1
    Kevin825
    (male)

Kevin825 HB User
    Unhappy How can I help him? My boyfriend is a drug addict/alcoholic!

I've been dating my boyfriend for a year and a half and what started as good has fallen as he became addicted to alcohol. He is a very bad alcoholic, and he goes out to bars, and gets so wasted that he dosen't remember anything. Then when we get into arguments, he makes it like it was my fault that he went out, and got drunk in the first place. He doesn't see a problem in his choices and he gets mad when I bring up that I don't even know what to believe anymore because this has caused him to lie to me on more than one occasion. Friday night he didn't come home until 11:00 a.m the next morning. I am just fed up.

Last edited by Administrator; 07-26-2014 at 02:53 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2014, 03:27 AM   #2
    iRibb0n
    (female)

iRibb0n HB User
    Re: How can I help him? My boyfriend is a drug addict/alcoholic!

so , you can put him in health center even if he refuses tell him that its for his own good , medical and psychological help should be good for him

Last edited by Administrator; 07-26-2014 at 02:53 PM.

Old 08-04-2014, 02:15 AM   #3
    MightyAJ
    (male)

MightyAJ HB User

With that condition, it is important that your problem will accept the problem. I mean how will you help someone who doesnt like to be help. Its a very hard scenario. You need a lot of patience for him in order to help him. But now he needs is realization to acknowledge the help you are giving. Dont give up. His love for you maybe greater than addiction, who knows.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:45 AM   #4
    hollyxo
    (female)

hollyxo HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kevin825 View Post
    I've been dating my boyfriend for a year and a half and what started as good has fallen as he became addicted to alcohol. He is a very bad alcoholic, and he goes out to bars, and gets so wasted that he dosen't remember anything. Then when we get into arguments, he makes it like it was my fault that he went out, and got drunk in the first place. He doesn't see a problem in his choices and he gets mad when I bring up that I don't even know what to believe anymore because this has caused him to lie to me on more than one occasion. Friday night he didn't come home until 11:00 a.m the next morning. I am just fed up.
    Hi girl! Reading this message I was quick to remember all the times I was left heartbroken when my ex alcoholic boyfriend would go missing for weekends at a time and not come home due to a night of drinking. My hope for you is that you let go of the guilt associated with him blaming YOU for the reason he left. He USED you as a reason, and turned it around on you. I will tell you - unless he receives professional help and therapy and dedicates himself to becoming sober this will become your future. It took me 2 years to realize this. I am a 21 year old student who lived with my ex for a year and I was left devastated too many times. I wish you luck. x

Last edited by mod85; 08-04-2014 at 11:27 AM.

Old 08-04-2014, 09:30 AM   #5
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kevin825 View Post
    He doesn't see a problem in his choices
    sounds like you don't see a problem in your choices either!
    get rid of him and choose a better boyfriend!

Closed Thread