It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill Message Board

• Undiagnosed mentally ill MIL

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-07-2017, 09:12 PM   #1
    Cher868
    (female)

Cher868 HB User
    Undiagnosed mentally ill MIL

My husband and I have been married for 20 years but together for 25. Our marriage is perfect except for his mother. She obviously has mental health issues but refused to go see a Dr. about it and her husband and sons just ignore it and live with it. They are afraid to confront her about anything. She seems to be Bipolar, have Munchausen and maybe also a narcissist. Her mood can change at the flip of a switch from laughing to complete anger for no reason. She gets very depressed most of the time and then constantly lies about having every terminal illness you can think of. She has had cancer in every part of her body but never has been treated for any of the illnesses she claims to have. She lies all the time with a straight face. She has no family or real friends anymore because people are tired of dealing with her. She recently joined social media which has made my life a living hell and has caused my husband and I to have many arguments about the things she post about us or mostly me on her page public.

I have confronted her many times through the years. I am the only person who will do this. I always call her bluff on illness. She has made a lot of friend online, none of whom she has ever actually met. This past year has been the worst. I called the local police to do a welfare check on her. She immediately turned on me and then went on to tell my husband that I hacked into her computer and bank account among a lot of other mean lies. I finally had enough and have cut her and the rest of the family off from my life. I told my husband that his dad is an enabler and his brother's said some mean things to me in support of their crazy mother. My husband thinks I should once more forgive her without her having to say she is sorry. She has never said I am sorry to me for all the terrible things she has done. We have a daughter who so far doesn't want anything to do with her as well. I always forgave her and let it go but this time she crossed a line. I can't ever seem to get my husband or his dad to realize that they need to get her medical help so that she can stop destroying relationships.

She is a nightmare. Does anyone else live with a similar situation and if so, how do you deal with it. So far my husband has stopped forcing her down my throat and we don't talk about his family anymore so we can live a peaceful life. But, just when I think things are going good, she shows up at my door and upsets my household again. Will I ever find peace?????

Last edited by Administrator; 01-08-2017 at 07:52 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread