It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill Message Board

• My younger brother has anger and mental health issues and it's ruining our family.

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-21-2018, 05:57 AM   #1
    teenagerwith
    (female)

teenagerwith HB User
    Unhappy My younger brother has anger and mental health issues and it's ruining our family.

I'm 15, and my psychotic 12 year-old brother is tearing my family apart.
    This has been going for mabye two or three years, that's the time when he started being the person who he is now. He started hanging out with a bratty, popular kid and he turned out like that to. He became very agressive, always needed to look perfect, he only cared about being popular, posting pictures on instagram and ********, he was a cool guy outside. But when he was at home, he was always rude, angry, lazy. I've had enough. Our fights started to be bigger and bigger. My mom also went crazy because he isn't normal. Whenever my parents asked him to do something it turned into a fight because he didn't want to do it, he always picked fights with me and my sister and we were also going crazy because of him. Verbal fights turned into physical fights. We didn't know what to do, he just didn't listen and was always yelling, it made me so angry and I wanted to cry all the time. The fights included phone chargers, wooden objects for cooking, random stuff. He has ADHD and is a pyromaniac. He started smoking e-ciggarets and he was always stressful and angry. One time I got into a fight with him and acidentally threw a wooden spoon in his eye. He had eye problems. I didn't want to hurt him like that but he was just crazy, like he is a psycho, it scared me and I was so sad and angry. He never listens to our parents. Whenever we fight he's the one who starts beating me. I used to do it(I threw a hand cream on him and yelled because he was yelling at my mom for just telling him what chores he needs to do, or that his grades are terrible, or he beated her, or when he asks mom for help with homework and she's doing her work and he starts yelling) but I stopped because my mom was also angry at me. He jumped out of the window and yelled in the street because my mom was telling him he needs to get better in school and stop acting like that at home. He sneaks out and lies to us. He stole money from me, my sister, mom and dad for anything related to fire and explosives. He calls us names(*****, ******* etc.). I hate him and he is ruining our family. My dad tries to have a normal approach but he always yells. He tells us we are ******* bastards and not to talk to him but he always starts yelling first. My dad says he will be quiet then if my brother asks but he is the one that continues the fight. I told my mom about the explosives and e-ciggarets because the situation at home got out of hand. Today he and my dad got into a fight because he didn't want to do a chore. I got out and told him he is wrong and he started yelling at me just as loud as he yelled at dad. Ever since I told about his secret he says he hates me. I hate him more. He told me about it and not to tell mom and dad. How could I? I kept the secret for a long time, but he never stopped being rude and crazy at me, the family situation didn't get any better and I didn't see the point in it. I wanted to film what he was yelling because I believe one day we will have to give him over to those places they put problematic and dangerous children(English is not my mother language so I don't know how tose places are called.)Today he beat me with his legs and a phone charger. Everyone started going crazy because of him. None of us would use physical force but we don't know what to do because he just won't stop. I don't know what to do, he is ruining our lives.

The following user gives a hug of support to teenagerwith:
    yayagirl (06-13-2018)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2018, 09:02 AM   #2
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
    Re: My younger brother has anger and mental health issues and it's ruining our family

Dear teenager,

Do you have Social Services where you live?
    Can you call them and tell them that you need help, that you are not safe where you live?

This is a scary thing to do, but no one is taking care of you or taking control of your brother. I hope you get some help.

Love,

Reply Reply