It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill Message Board

• 16 yr old boyfriend - possible schizophrenia..need HELP!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-01-2005, 01:33 PM   #1
    lauraloo222
    (female)

lauraloo222 HB User
    Exclamation 16 yr old boyfriend - possible schizophrenia..need HELP!

Hi, my names Laura and my boyfriend of 3 1/2 years, we think, is schizophrenic. Having an abusive father, emotionally and phsyically, lead him to the use or marijuana at age 11. Later, he was diagnosed with a mild case of schizophrenia, along with other disorders such as seperation anxiety, bipolar, post traumatic stress disorder and had frequent anxiety attacks.
    During his 7th and 8th grade year, his schizophrenia stopped for the time being and he was doing a lot less marijuana. However, sucidial thoughts lead him to self-mutilation and a lot of rehab. For his depression and anger, he was given paxil and slowly weaned off of it to the point where he was on no medicines.
    After a long struggle, here we are and hes been doing great, he hasn't done any drugs in 14 months, hasn't cut for a year and moved away from his father now for a little over 2 years. Now at the age of 16, things started looking up with the only negative thing being he has seperation anxiety from myself,small anxiety attacks, and anger issues, not bad for what hes been through
    For the past few weeks, things have seemed to be going down hill. I could tell, along with his sister and best friend, that he just wasn't himself. He got unusually mad, sad or scared at the smallest things. Then, we finally realized the schizophrenia might be back. He started referring to himself as "he", or saying "they" think. Also, hes had a few different episodes where he can't say words one time but must repeat things, twice and sometimes three times.
    And for the first time in years, he has talked about suicide on many notes and how "they" don't want him here. Often, he says he feels, hears and sees thing like wild animals, people trying to attack him through the window, and voices telling him to do bad or negative things. Along with these things, he'll laugh randomly at sad or unexpected things, and spaces out constantly.
    We are 99.9% sure that this is schizophrenia however, we're all scared to approach his mom about it, or about him having to go on medication because of his heart problems.
    If anyone has any advice or is going through the same situation, I would love for any advice or input, my screen name is Xxkissntell
    Thanks,
    Laura

Last edited by lauraloo222; 04-01-2005 at 06:34 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2005, 04:33 AM   #2
    mudhound
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

mudhound HB User
    Re: 16 yr old boyfriend - possible schizophrenia..need HELP!

his parents Need to know. This is a danger sign that he needs the meds worse than he needs to have his heart. I know that some of the meds could interfere with the heart, but sucide is more serious. It's fatal 100% of the time. Keep by his side and let him know that you care enough to want to get him help.

Mudhound

Closed Thread