It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill Message Board

• Is my ex girlfriend schizophrenic and does she need help?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-08-2007, 02:12 PM   #1
    sum1sumwhere
    (female)

sum1sumwhere HB User
    Question Is my ex girlfriend schizophrenic and does she need help?

*edited to add, marajuana has been used for 10 years ***

Im really sorry for how long this is going to be, I also dont have any idea where to start.

Basically, im a lesbian and I met this girl about half a year ago. Never liked her at first but then she grew on me and before I knew it I was in love with her.She was everything I wanted, I started seeing her frequently and staying over at her house and then I got a job by hers. I was so so so so smitten with her, life was great for me. She would tell me she loved me and she made me feel amazing

She had mentioned once that she had a few mental problems but I never really thought about it, I also knew she was taking tablets, but her mood and herself in general seemed so normal that I just presumed the mental health issue was nothing major.

Then everything went pear shaped. She started acting really hostile towards me, and her moods were really unpredictable. She became very quiet when we were around friends, she has her friends around every night and I started noticing she was quite withdrawn.

Then one day, after my shift at work, she told me to go home. When confronting her about why, she told me she just didnt love me anymore, she thought she did but she didnt, and that were not good for each other. She was really cold in the break up, and she left me completely heartbroken.

I was texting and calling her and she was just so cold and didnt want to speak to me.

Then when she came round, she started telling me lies, i wont go into what because its pointless. But having had a discussion with one of her close friends we realised she started making a lot of pointless lies up.

A few days ago we met up as friends ,and although she wasnt herself, she was a bit better and we got on great. However the next time we met up she was terrible.

It felt like she hated me, she would fire personal remarks at me, began to become paranoid about everything, was just so so so so angry at everything. She basically spoke to me the whole entire day like I was nothing. Then the next minute, she would be crying hysterically but didnt want to talk., Then she would randomly laugh at nothing, and then go back to being angry and then be crying again.

She mentioned that she had started becoming paranoid about everything, she thought her friends had spiked her drink etc etc

No matter how bad she treated me, and some of the most horrible things she could ever say to me was said, I still love her and I felt like she was having a rough patch so Iwould be there to support her.

Which is why I met up with her today. She was exactly the same.SO nasty and hostile and firing personal remarks,calling me a liar because i said i recognised someone who walked past me.

I also noticed sometimes she was saying things that didnt make much sense at all andhad nothing to do with the conversation like "i need to get a picture of the hairdressers" and at one point in mid conversation she said "theyre laughing at me" and when i said "what" she said nothing, i then said "no hun theyre not laughing at all" to which she didnt respond.

She texts me apologisng about being nasty as soon as I leave her. Then she tells me she misses me,but when im actually with her, she just shows hatred towards me.

Does anyone have any idea what could possibly be going on ?

Does she need more help?

What is the best thing I could do for her?

And most selfishly,do you think that there is a chance she did love me,but this state of mental struggle is blocking out emotions?

Should I walk away and stop getting myself hurt, or should I be there for her?

I really appreciate anyone who read this through, and I will be greatful for any feedback.

IF there is any more you might want to know to help with advice then please ask

Thanks
    x

Last edited by sum1sumwhere; 08-08-2007 at 02:44 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2007, 06:52 PM   #2
    mudhound
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

mudhound HB User
    Re: Is my ex girlfriend schizophrenic and does she need help?

At least you are trying to understand. That a heck of a lot more than most people do.
    Welcome to the board.

Mudhound

Old 08-08-2007, 07:53 PM   #3
    trg247
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User

Hi:

No one here is a doctor so your not going to get a diagnosis but some opinions. There is definately something going on with her mentally that she should seek help for. The disorders that are popping up in my head are Bipolar disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, Major Depressive disorder with psycotic features. Long term Marijuana use is known to cause paranoia. As for the relationship part I don't know what to tell you as it is impossible to know whats going on in someone elses head and what there true intentions are. I could love someone one day then something happens then that person no longer exists to me, it is a defense mechanism that protects me from getting overly hurt. If you want to remain in this persons life do it as a friend and supporter now and when she is stable then start thinking relationship. Until she is stable it is going to be a rocky ride, get her to see her doctor and get therapy and meds. Sorry if this is all scattered

take care
    trg247
    Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
    Pristiq
    Cymbalta
    Seroquel
    Temazapam

Old 08-09-2007, 04:11 AM   #4
    Phoenix
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

sum1:

Maybe offering to go with her to therapy, could be helpful.

Ryan

Old 08-23-2007, 02:38 AM   #5
    kandr73
    Inactive
    (female)

kandr73 HB User

As a bi woman, maybe she just got conflicted about being in a relationship with a woman. All that could have happened is a rude rmark towrards you and or you and it could fell like she didnt want to have to deal with it. Also, she may love you, just acting like this to push you away. We can all act stupid, maybe she is just confused. Ive known women who were in actual lesbian full blown relationships and just decided they werent gay anymore, and got married and had kids. Like I said who knows, but hopefully i gave you as few things to think about.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:46 AM   #6
    jendg28
    (female)

jendg28 HB User

I don't know much about the symptoms of schizophrenia, but it sounds like she could have Bipolar Disorder. You can become delusional with Bipolar Disorder when manic. Like someone else said, we can't diagnose an illness here. I definitely recommend she go to the Psychiatrist soon. She will find help there. The only thing you can do for her is support her. Good luck.

Old 11-05-2009, 11:38 AM   #7
    starseed123
    (male)

starseed123 HB User

I can help you understand what is going on. You got a cheap lesson. Just do a search for Borderline Personality disorder or passive aggressive people, or bipolar. There are so many things she could be. It's hard to pin down one thing unless you are a therapist. These people will use you as a means to an end, they are manipulative, addictive, toxic and parasitic in relationships. Best advice :get out and never speak to her again...you will be back to your happy self sooner or later.

Mike

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sum1sumwhere View Post
    *edited to add, marajuana has been used for 10 years ***

Im really sorry for how long this is going to be, I also dont have any idea where to start.

Basically, im a lesbian and I met this girl about half a year ago. Never liked her at first but then she grew on me and before I knew it I was in love with her.She was everything I wanted, I started seeing her frequently and staying over at her house and then I got a job by hers. I was so so so so smitten with her, life was great for me. She would tell me she loved me and she made me feel amazing

She had mentioned once that she had a few mental problems but I never really thought about it, I also knew she was taking tablets, but her mood and herself in general seemed so normal that I just presumed the mental health issue was nothing major.

Then everything went pear shaped. She started acting really hostile towards me, and her moods were really unpredictable. She became very quiet when we were around friends, she has her friends around every night and I started noticing she was quite withdrawn.

Then one day, after my shift at work, she told me to go home. When confronting her about why, she told me she just didnt love me anymore, she thought she did but she didnt, and that were not good for each other. She was really cold in the break up, and she left me completely heartbroken.

I was texting and calling her and she was just so cold and didnt want to speak to me.

Then when she came round, she started telling me lies, i wont go into what because its pointless. But having had a discussion with one of her close friends we realised she started making a lot of pointless lies up.

A few days ago we met up as friends ,and although she wasnt herself, she was a bit better and we got on great. However the next time we met up she was terrible.

It felt like she hated me, she would fire personal remarks at me, began to become paranoid about everything, was just so so so so angry at everything. She basically spoke to me the whole entire day like I was nothing. Then the next minute, she would be crying hysterically but didnt want to talk., Then she would randomly laugh at nothing, and then go back to being angry and then be crying again.

She mentioned that she had started becoming paranoid about everything, she thought her friends had spiked her drink etc etc

No matter how bad she treated me, and some of the most horrible things she could ever say to me was said, I still love her and I felt like she was having a rough patch so Iwould be there to support her.

Which is why I met up with her today. She was exactly the same.SO nasty and hostile and firing personal remarks,calling me a liar because i said i recognised someone who walked past me.

I also noticed sometimes she was saying things that didnt make much sense at all andhad nothing to do with the conversation like "i need to get a picture of the hairdressers" and at one point in mid conversation she said "theyre laughing at me" and when i said "what" she said nothing, i then said "no hun theyre not laughing at all" to which she didnt respond.

She texts me apologisng about being nasty as soon as I leave her. Then she tells me she misses me,but when im actually with her, she just shows hatred towards me.

Does anyone have any idea what could possibly be going on ?

Does she need more help?

What is the best thing I could do for her?

And most selfishly,do you think that there is a chance she did love me,but this state of mental struggle is blocking out emotions?

Should I walk away and stop getting myself hurt, or should I be there for her?

I really appreciate anyone who read this through, and I will be greatful for any feedback.

IF there is any more you might want to know to help with advice then please ask

Thanks
    x

Closed Thread