It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill Message Board

• Living with a paranoid schizophrenic

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-23-2002, 10:32 PM   #1
    aussie_gal

aussie_gal HB User
    Post Living with a paranoid schizophrenic

My mum was diagnosed with paranoid schizo ages ago, I'm only 17 and i have learnt to deal with it (you'd have to). But I feel bad about myself cos' sometimes instead of being symapthetic to her, i get so angry. I must sound like a monster, the most annoying thing is she won't admit it, she's in deniel. Like she has offecially been diagnosed with it, she's been in and out of mental homes, etc. But she refuses to admit it, she truly belives the delusions and illogical things she says does sometimes is out of ordinary. Its so wierd, one day she'll be normal, the next she be saying things that are so 'out there'. When I was little she used to tell me such wierd things (at the time I belived her, I was about 6-7), like she'd say that out nieghbours are trying to kill us, and my friends are 'all against me' and wierd stuff like that. And it did effct me growing up, I was always suspicious of people and never let anyone get close to me. But now I'm a bit better. But I get SO ANGRY at her sometimes. Oh man, shes driving ME mad!

anyways just wanted to vent my frustrations

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2002, 11:39 PM   #2
    bev52
    Veteran

bev52 HB User
    Aussie,
    I feel so badly for you. It must be hard dealing with that type of situation. When you were so young and impressionable and didn't understand what was going on. My heart goes out to you. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

I am bipolar, but I've had no experience with schizophrenia.
    I'm sure someone will address this, and know that I am thinking of you and you will be in my prayers.
    ((((((((((Aussie))))))))))

Old 08-24-2002, 03:55 PM   #3
    ~*Silent*~
    Inactive

~*Silent*~ HB User
    I can relate to you 100%! My mother was diagnosed before I was born and I lived with it my whole life. I am almost 17, so we are very much in the same boat. Look around on this board, and find the post I made about my mother.

Old 08-25-2002, 10:19 PM   #4
    bev52
    Veteran

bev52 HB User
    Hi Aussie,
    Just checking on you. Hope things are a little better. Let us know how you are.
    Lep

Closed Thread