It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill Message Board

• Paranoid delusions and Bipolar disorder

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-08-2014, 01:43 AM   #1
    Diane56
    (female)

Diane56 HB User
    Paranoid delusions and Bipolar disorder

My boyfriend was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder a few months ago and he's recently been exhibiting some bizarre behavior that I'm thinking might be an episode of paranoid delusions and was wondering if I'm right. The past 3 days have gone like this: 1. Accusing me of talking to someone on my phone while I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth. Demanded to see my phone and although confirmed by a 10 year old that I was NOT talking to anyone refused to believe it. He then spent the next several hours bringing up everything he perceived as me causing damage to our relationship over the past 4 years to the point where I finally left the car crying. When he got home he proceeded to send approximately 25 messages on ******** that included a rather bizarre "story" of a first car which he later told me was his way of writing about our story and first love
    2. The next night accused me of having some sort of vibrator that had a remote control attached to a wire. He asked me if the wire fell out of my pocket when I went to the bathroom and when I asked what he was talking about he snapped at me that it was nothing. Then a few minutes later said something else with regards to this wire. Then about 20 minutes later told me he wasn't stupid and could hear the vibration change everytime I switched speeds and when I asked him again what the hell he was referring to he got angry and snapped that it was nothing then proceeded to use a lot of "unbelievable" and "wow" till I finally got it out of him at which point I sat up and lifted my shirt and asked him where this thing was and he even went so far as to pat me down checking for this thing. Also, during the course of the night he kept asking me what I said when I hadn't said a thing.
    3. The next day he had court and I didn't go cause I've been sick with strep throat and a fever. I didn't hear from him so finally called his parents to see whats going on and he's yelling in the background that he didn't want to talk to me and cursing and swearing and hung up. It took me several calls and texts to his father to find out that he thinks I was at court today in another room and that I was conspiring with someone against him and at some point I was in the washroom talking to my so-called boyfriend that we were gonna scrap his car when he went back to jail and that I loved this person etc. He's also convinced he heard me telling someone I was scared and didn't know how I was getting out of the courthouse and that apparently I was across the street at the police station and I was also in the neighboring town at the bank across the street from his parents place. I never left home today cause I was sick all day in bed. Now he's got his parents believing this and called the police on me and had them threaten to have me charged because I kept calling and texting cause I don't know where this has come from or why he would think I was there today and I begged him to come to my place to see that i hadn't even showered today and he knows I wouldn't go out looking like I did but he refused. This has me so scared and confused and I don't know what I should do about this?? I should also say that he's bounced back and forth between myself and another woman for the last 4 years and although we both should've dumped him long ago he's very good at talking his way back into each of our lives. About 9 months ago he assaulted the other woman, got out on bail which I signed and within 2 months was arrested again for assaulting me. This is when the whole bipolar diagnosis came into play. He's a habitual liar who also sees nothing wrong with what he does and hasn't had a drivers license in many years but continues to drive. He's on a crazy amount of lithium, seroquil and another sleep aid yet he barely sleeps 8 hours a night and during the day he's bouncing off the walls. I personally think this might be more then just bipolar but not sure. It was me who's been telling him for a few years that I felt he was bipolar but these last few days, especially the court thing have got me so confused cause he's so bloody angry and convinced this whole delusion is the absolute truth to the point that he went to the police in the afternoon and then called them several times later in rev evening and had them come to my house. He thinks I'm stealing his car and laptop and that I've changed his passwords on his ******** and emails. I'm scared for him and don't know what to do here. Please help

Last edited by Diane56; 10-08-2014 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Additional information

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2014, 08:28 PM   #2
    Diane56
    (female)

Diane56 HB User
    Bipolar disorder with sudden onset paranoid delusions

He's only been out of jail for a week and I did find out that the day before him accusing me of being on my phone talking to someone he decided to get into some Crystal meth and had apparently been doing some each of the 3 days as well so from all I've read I'm thinking that's probably whats triggered the paranoid delusions? Unfortunately he was hiding it from me as well or I'd have stopped him

Last edited by Diane56; 10-08-2014 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Delete duplicate

Old 10-08-2014, 08:31 PM   #3
    Diane56
    (female)

Diane56 HB User
    Re: Bipolar disorder with sudden onset paranoid delusions

I'm really scared here and need some advice on how to help him without gettin in harms way cause he's manifesting the entire paranoia onto me and now I'm not even allowed NEAR him

Old 10-19-2014, 09:44 AM   #4
    AngelMommy2005
    (female)

AngelMommy2005 HB User

My ex husband was diagnosed with bipolar. He is my son's father as well. The best thing I did for myself and my son was to divorce him. He refused help and still says he doesn't need any medication that he is fine. His mood swings and other behaviors are still ongoing. However it is no longer my problem to handle. Sounds like your boyfriend is not only bipolar but engaging in some pretty nasty crap. Until he is treated and stops his bad choices, I would stay away from him. You cannot change him. He may need a different doctor to exam him too because it doesn't sound only like bipolar. It may be something else. But in any case, you cannot make him change or get better or seek treatment. He must do it for himself.

Old 01-19-2015, 10:47 AM   #5
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Diane56 View Post
    I'm really scared here and need some advice on how to help him without gettin in harms way cause he's manifesting the entire paranoia onto me and now I'm not even allowed NEAR him
    I don't know why you want to be NEAR him.....you can't fix him, as much as you would like to.....we can't just "love someone back to good mental health"
    staying with him is asking for trouble

Closed Thread

Tags
    bipolar, delusions, paranoid, spouse