It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• light headed/dizzy

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-11-2015, 10:29 PM   #1
    paisleypoet
    (female)

paisleypoet HB User
    light headed/dizzy

For years now I have had a problem with standing in one spot for too long. I have fainted before. I always contributed it to low blood pressure. It has gotten a lot worse recently. I can stand still for about two minutes and then I feel like I'm going to pass out. If I don't sit down, it gets worse and things get all dark. After one of these episodes I'm shaky and weepy and I'm out of it for a good hour with major brain fog. I have a lot of trouble standing in lines.

My doctor recently had me wear a blood pressure monitor for six hours and a heart rate monitor for two days and my heart is just fine. My blood pressure doesn't even drop when I report the dizziness. She would like me to go through some testing for a neurology consult, like a sweat test and tilt table test. But I'm not sure if I will do all of the tests. I'm wondering if it is somehow related to my fibromyalgia. I tend to think that about a lot of things, but I don't want to go through all of these expensive tests just so they can tell me there's nothing wrong.

Has anyone else ever experienced this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2015, 02:33 PM   #2
    yellowkelly
    (female)

yellowkelly HB User
    Re: light headed/dizzy

My son (age 17) has fibromyalgia and has experienced light headedness and vision going to black when going from a sitting to standing position. I have not heard him complain of it happening when standing too long. He had an EKG done and it was fine. The cardiologist told him he needed to stay hydrated. My son does not always drink enough fluids. This does seem to help. He has never fully passed out from this condition that I remember.

Have you tried to increase your hydration?

Reply Reply

Tags
    dizziness, fibromyalgia, lightheadedness