It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• Fibromyalgia?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-16-2015, 04:20 PM   #1
    Mal1230
    (female)

Mal1230 HB User
    Fibromyalgia?

Hello,

I've been feeling awful on and off since December and it's caused some serious health anxiety. I have RA (I'm in my early 30's) and I decided on Monday to make an appointment with my rheumatologist because I was having facial numbness (one side), went to the ER and they said it was nothing. I have suspected fibromyalgia on and off, but after that and reading that facial numbness could be a possible symptom, I decided to make an appointment.

I guess my question is what are the typical symptoms that you experience? I just want to make sure I address everything properly with my doctor and really communicate what symptoms I have that are relevant so he can make an accurate diagnosis. When I read online, the symptoms vary from site to site and it's better to hear it from people that actually experience it.

Thank you so much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2015, 09:19 AM   #2
    bluelakelady
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
    Re: Fibromyalgia?

hello and welcome,
    when it started it was in one shoulder. felt broken. then it started moving. fatigue set in and I had a hard time just getting out of bed. later it was pain that traveled all over my body. one day my leg felt broken. the next day my hand or hip. tummy issues started and then not being able to sleep for more than 45 minutes. some days I would just sit and tears would fall, not crying just fluid falling. I got cold all the time, even in summer. heat suddenly was an issue. over 85 and I would melt. energy levels dropped. lost the desire for food. gained weight. lost weight. my skin would have days where clothing hurt to have on. I became sensitive to all input. smells, sounds, light. a strong smell makes me want to vomit.
    hope that helps a bit. also hope you do not have it. RA is enough to cope with.
    peace,
    bluelakelady

Reply Reply

Tags
    fibromyalgia, symptoms