It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• Help Me Out ... New to this sudden all over pain

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-20-2015, 04:43 PM   #1
    Mzldytee
    (female)

Mzldytee HB User
    Question Help Me Out ... New to this sudden all over pain

Hello All,

Up until this last year I have been pretty healthy. except for IBS. A few months back I had what seems like shoulder pain. Suddenly I cant put my arm in certain positions like unzipping my dress, etc. It also causes my upper arm to hurt in the muscle area down to elbow. After it remained for a while I went to an Orthopedic and was told i had a shoulder impingement. he gave me Naproxen 500 mg and physical therapy. I took naproxen and went to PT for 2 weeks and stopped because the co payments were too expensive and decided i can do that at home. At the same time I told the doctor that i has having pains in my hands and lower arms that I had for a few weeks. He suggested that I go to Neurologist. I had and EM and MRI of the spine and nothing was found. My pain was getting worse and is also now felt in my feet and knees. I went to my GP and she ordered blood work. She tested for diabetes, Lymes Disease, RA Factor. nothing was really out of wack. Lymes disease partially said present but dr says I dont have lymes disease. Blood sugar was great. SED Rate is 32 which indicates inflammation. She suggested i see a Rheumatologist. My pains feel prickly pin pain in my feet and fingers. they are sore to the touch on the insides of my fingers and bottoms of my feet. My hip area hurts around the center of my butt when i sit. Sometimes the sides of my knees hurt as well when pressure is applied. To me it sounds like I have fibromyalgia. NSAIDS dont help that much. I tried some Ultram that I had left that helps but makes me feel nauseas. I have an appointment with a Rheumatologist in mid October because everyone I tried is booked. This has been driving me crazy. I work in construction management and I use my pc all day so my hands get a real workout. Hands hurt when i drive because of stirring wheel and my butt hurts too because my commute is an hour in traffic. Just want to know if anyone has had these type of symptons. Sometimes I think its related to my Peri-Menopause. I am 49 and I am going through that as well. I would appreciate your input and let me know if you have fibromyalgia, what helps relieve your pain. Thanks Much and I wish you all a pain-free evening.

Last edited by Mzldytee; 09-20-2015 at 04:47 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2015, 09:25 AM   #2
    bluelakelady
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
    Re: Help Me Out..New to this sudden all over pain

hello and welcome,
    I can totally relate to the hands and butt hurting, along with the rest. yes I do have fibro. I also have sjogrens and a bunch of other junk. including ibs. fun, right? giggle. the rheumy will test for more things. did your doc check your thyroid levels? that is usually a part of the issue with fibro. I soak my hands in a tub of hot water and rub them. do the feet too. can't fit my butt in the sink though. giggle. I have a tiny butt but that doesn't matter. it's the discomfort of trying to sit in the sink. I do not have a bath tub. if you do suggest you take very warm baths whenever you can. heated gloves do help with driving and so do heated seats. I don't drive anymore but I am passenger when I need to see a doc or whatever. bought a car just for the seats. giggle. having your butt hurt is not fun. when mine started it was in my shoulder as well. then it traveled much the same as you describe. I do hope you get answers and please know you are not alone.
    peace,
    bluelakelady

Old 09-21-2015, 10:37 AM   #3
    Mzldytee
    (female)

Mzldytee HB User

Thanks for your response bluelakelady.
    Sorry that you suffer as well.
    My thyroid bloodwork came back fine.
    Do you take any meds that help for your pain?

Old 09-22-2015, 09:04 AM   #4
    bluelakelady
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

yes. I take Norco daily and occasionally Celebrex. I have kidney issues so have to be careful. I also take sleep meds, muscle relaxers and nausea med. oh, and of course thyroid meds. getting that in balance is the hardest part. I go up and down.
    I do not suffer, thank you though. I have adapted to the changes and just take it one day at a time. there are days I am very uncomfortable and days I feel pretty good. at first it felt like hades, but now I am used to it and know what to expect. adapting is important.
    peace,
    bluelakelady

Reply Reply