It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• Fibro fog ruining my life

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-30-2015, 09:32 PM   #1
    jwinchester
    (female)

jwinchester HB User
    Fibro fog ruining my life

My physician hasn't been very helpful on the matter of brain fog. I can't focus. I am constantly losing my train of thought and half the time can not speak without sounding like I just had something along the lines of a stroke. I sometimes can't form a complete thought. I've had Fibromyalgia since I was a child and I'm used to the pain, it's just a part of my life now, but the fog seems to be worsening. It's hard to even write this because I keep losing track of the topic.
    It's putting my job on the line. I can barely function. I'm feeling like I can't do anything right. I have a hard time processing what people are saying to me and everyone is so tired of having to repeat themselves, and people are always yelling at me for constantly forgetting things and it's like I'm in a constant state of confusion. It's like my brain is tired. I had to make a PA a while back to the customers at work and I had to have someone help me because I couldn't think, and I couldn't get the words out and I told them, very slowly, "help please make this PA, I can't do words right".
    Before I forget what my point was, I'm asking if there's something that can be done, on my own. I'm barely functioning, and need some advice. My doctor wasn't very helpful at all, and he won't hear me out. He won't refer me to pain management because he wants to take care of this himself, which he isn't doing. He has me on Tramadol and while it helps take the pain from a 9 to a 4, it definitely makes the fibro fog worse.
    Is anyone else dealing with this? What do you do to help it? I'm only 22 and I feel like fibro fog is going to destroy my future.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2015, 09:56 AM   #2
    bluelakelady
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
    Re: Fibro fog ruining my life

hello and welcome,
    I keep notes and a book I carry that tells me where I need to be. as for functioning with others I have learned to laugh at myself and invite others to laugh with me. I am old and have had 8 strokes along with fibro fog. I get lost easily, giggle.
    if your doctor is not giving you what you want find another doc and fire that one. they work for you just like a plumber would. you have to be an activist for your health. no one else is going to do it. be firm, be strong. don't ask, tell. it took me many years to get my doctors trained and find the right ones.
    it's not easy but in time you get used to it. I find humour is the best fix for a mistake. I always tell on myself and then laugh.
    hang in there. your life is not ruined, just different and you have to learn to deal with it. I got help from a sweet therapist. he taught me to laugh at my life. he was a peach.
    peace,
    bluelakelady

Old 01-01-2016, 01:51 PM   #3
    jwinchester
    (female)

jwinchester HB User

Hi, thanks for the welcome, and thanks, it's just so hard to laugh at myself when it's getting me in so much trouble. I get yelled at a lot by people who don't understand, so it only leaves frustration. I have a hard time processing it when people yell at me and it's so hard to laugh it off when I'm unwell.

Old 01-02-2016, 08:55 AM   #4
    bluelakelady
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

remember when someone yells they are out of control, not you. are they people you can ask not to yell and instead simply tell you what needs to be done? I used to have yellers in my life. now they are either gone or have learned I will walk away from them if they yell. loud sounds hurt my body.
    the best time to laugh is when you hurt and are not well. you need it for your sanity. please don't allow frustration in the door. it only results in more pain within your body.
    have you explained to your employer and taken in a note from your doctor explaining your limitations? you are supposed to be protected by the peoples with disabilities act. when I last worked, some 20 years ago I used that act to get my boss off my butt. In the end my doc said no more and took me off work. it has been hard to live on ssi but I have adapted and find there really is not much I need in life. just a roof and food. most of all my peace.
    peace,
    blue

Old 01-02-2016, 07:10 PM   #5
    Marita55
    (female)

Marita55 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jwinchester View Post
    My physician hasn't been very helpful on the matter of brain fog. I can't focus. I am constantly losing my train of thought and half the time can not speak without sounding like I just had something along the lines of a stroke. I sometimes can't form a complete thought. I've had Fibromyalgia since I was a child and I'm used to the pain, it's just a part of my life now, but the fog seems to be worsening. It's hard to even write this because I keep losing track of the topic.
    It's putting my job on the line. I can barely function. I'm feeling like I can't do anything right. I have a hard time processing what people are saying to me and everyone is so tired of having to repeat themselves, and people are always yelling at me for constantly forgetting things and it's like I'm in a constant state of confusion. It's like my brain is tired. I had to make a PA a while back to the customers at work and I had to have someone help me because I couldn't think, and I couldn't get the words out and I told them, very slowly, "help please make this PA, I can't do words right".
    Before I forget what my point was, I'm asking if there's something that can be done, on my own. I'm barely functioning, and need some advice. My doctor wasn't very helpful at all, and he won't hear me out. He won't refer me to pain management because he wants to take care of this himself, which he isn't doing. He has me on Tramadol and while it helps take the pain from a 9 to a 4, it definitely makes the fibro fog worse.
    Is anyone else dealing with this? What do you do to help it? I'm only 22 and I feel like fibro fog is going to destroy my future.

Old 01-20-2016, 08:05 AM   #6
    Pain Warrior
    (female)

Pain Warrior HB User

I can relate to you 100 percent. I have a notebook filled with daily things that need to be done and a calendar on my fridge.Using my phone to ding for a doctors appt the next day. I will say what has helped. Reading out loud to myself. Sometimes i think for myself being alone since my daughter is at college almost gone all day really Im not talking enough. So I read somethig out loud every day. hope this helps

Old 01-31-2016, 06:45 PM   #7
    Beenfloxd
    (female)

Beenfloxd HB User

I am asking you to find out if you have ever taken Cipro or any florquinilone antibiotics. Read about Cipro toxicity and the common symptoms.

Reply Reply

Tags
    fibro fog, fibromyalgia