It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

Help Please! Do these symptoms sound familiar?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-04-2018, 04:10 PM   #1
dreamincolour HB User
Help Please! Do these symptoms sound familiar?

Hi There --

For the past 3 years I have been to the emergency room 4 times, seen my GP 6 times, and seen two different rheumatologists, and a neurologist, as well as had two ultrasounds done. I really think they all think I'm crazy ...

I have what I would describe as radiating pain. It always feels like it is centralized in my upper back or lower ribs, and from there I get numbness and tingling in my arms, fingers, hips, and toes. It changes every day. Yesterday my pain felt the worse in the left portion of my back. Today it is under my left rib. I also feel occasional joint pain in my feets, ankles, and toes. My family has a history of arthritis, so that was our initial thought, and I was sent to the rheumatologist. They could not find anything abnormal in my blood work.

My pain comes and goes-- I had a long two weeks in November where I felt absolutely terrible, and then it seemed to resolve itself and I haven't really noticed it too much again until the beginning of this week, where it really took ahold of me and has not let go yet.

I always google my symptoms and get scared by the results. But for some reason I have always thought it could be fibromyalgia. I am now even more convinced because of the "flare" aspect of fibro. I had not had any typical "fibro fog" accompany my symptoms until this past flare of pain. A few days this week I really felt like my head was in the clouds and I couldn't think straight. That has never ever happened to me before. I also have found myself feeling anxious (also never happened before) and it feels like a physical anxiety not a mental one.

I should also add I get terrible migraines and have been getting them for almost my entire life.

PLEASE HELP! I feel lost.

Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 03-17-2018, 04:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
rosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB User
Re: Help Please! Do this symptoms sound familiar?

your nerves are probably pinched by tightened muscles. If you went to 2 rheumy's and they said you dont' have fibro, they should have recommended a neurologist and a pain management doctor. The thing is that they see more fibro patients than they do patients with rheumatogy. Paint mgmt treat fibro patients all the time. I got fibro in 2004. I am pain free and I very rarely flare. Stress sometimes cause my whole body to ache and I feel weak. I get injections into hurtful muscles, they release the muscle. My shoulders and back and neck were the first to flare. I couldn't move my head at all. Don't get on the internet for info.

I think I would have gone crazy if I wouldn't begun treatment with pain mgmt and physical therapy. I hope that you feel better soon.

Last edited by Administrator; 03-17-2018 at 03:58 PM.

Old 03-17-2018, 03:35 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
YaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB User
Re: Help Please! Do these symptoms sound familiar?

Dear dreamincolour,

The radiating pain seems a lot like gall bladder disease, and otherwise you possibly are low thyroid.

I suggest that you start with a gastroenterologist, for proper testing. You know, a general practitioner is a good place to start, esp. when he or he has 35 or 40 years experience.
~ YaYa ~

Reply Reply