It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• Pain from changing meds & does Zoloft help anyone?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-12-2003, 09:22 PM   #1
    waiting4acure
    Inactive

waiting4acure HB User
    Pain from changing meds & does Zoloft help anyone?

Hi everyone... I am experiencing a terrible lapse in chronic pain. More so than the usual. Are others having flareups now. Maybe the weather. I feel awful. Also has anyone else experienced terrible overwhelming pain when switching medications. I am coming off Celexa because it stopped working and now going on Zoloft, my pain is unbearable and of course now the fibrofog is driving me crazy not remembering anything. Has Zoloft worked for anyone else?

THANKS!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2003, 09:32 PM   #2
    HateHurting

HateHurting HB User
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by waiting4acure
    Hi everyone... I am experiencing a terrible lapse in chronic pain. More so than the usual. Are others having flareups now. Maybe the weather. I feel awful. Also has anyone else experienced terrible overwhelming pain when switching medications. I am coming off Celexa because it stopped working and now going on Zoloft, my pain is unbearable and of course now the fibrofog is driving me crazy not remembering anything. Has Zoloft worked for anyone else?

THANKS!
    I have been told in passs that with most weather changes it does affect the joint and muscles and makes them worse. You hear people say i can tell cold front is coming in cause I am hurting so yes that could possibly be what is causing increased pain. AS you read in my post earlier, try and soak in hot tub of warm water or exercise if you can. See if you feel better. Let me know if you do try it and how it made ya feel. I am gonna try it real soon.

Mary

Old 11-13-2003, 04:42 AM   #3
    producttramp
    Veteran

producttramp HB User
    Weather makes a huge difference to me. Pain is all over the place depending on what the weather is doing.
    I found ZOLOFT helpful, I didnt like Effexor. ZOLOFT seemed to decrease the pain some and bring my mood up without making me feel weird, have dry mouth, etc. The only side effect I noticed was a decreased appetite. Be well.

Old 11-13-2003, 07:44 AM   #4
    kathym43

kathym43 HB User
    I could not take zoloft, it did not agree with me. I am now on prozac. It takes 3-4 weeks to really take affect. If it does not help you in one month, you may need to try something different. Every drug effects everyone in a different way. It is trial and error and can be aggravating! Good Luck to you!

Closed Thread