It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• Fibromyalgia & Lyme Disease

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-28-2003, 06:53 PM   #1
    babyboo099

babyboo099 HB User
    Question Fibromyalgia & Lyme Disease

I have a question...

I have been dx with fibro for the last 4-5 yrs but have had it forever...

As I have developed new & troubling s/s... I have been doing a lot of research on the subject.... all of my s/s point to one thing i particular with glaring reality......LYME DISEASE

I encourage anyone with a dx of fibromyalgia to do a google search on lyme disease, lymenet, and also go to the lyme disease section on these boards.... what you find may suprise you

I for one am taking charge of my health and will never give up searching for answers

Fibro can happen when NOT properly treated for LD

There are NOT any tests that are 100% accurate for LD, most are NOT even 30% accurate....it seems like a lot of people are being given multiple dx that later...some much later... that are really LD

I encourage everyone to investigate this possibility because LD (and fibro) are devastating to all involved

I believe that everyone more than likely has fibro, but I would also caution you to look into all possibilities @ to why this is happening to you

50% of all people with LD never remember having a tick bite

50% of all people with LD never have the "bulls-eye rash" either

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

My email for anyone who wants more info on the matter:
    [removed]

Stacey

Last edited by moderator2; 12-03-2003 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Do not post contact information. Please carefully read and follow the board posting guidelines.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2003, 10:30 PM   #2
    winky47

winky47 HB User
    Re: Fibromyalgia & Lyme Disease

Hi, I completely agree with you. I'm 15, and have had lymes disease/fibromyalgia for the past 3 years. I was first tested for lyme, but the test came back neg, then all the doctors said I had fibromyalgia, but I wasn't getting any better. We finally had to send out some other sort of test, which came back pos for lyme. The problem is it is so hard to tell the difference between the two, and the aren't worth anything. But anyways, I hope you get better someday soon.

Old 12-03-2003, 09:50 AM   #3
    tawny007

tawny007 HB User
    Re: Fibromyalgia & Lyme Disease

Hello, this is kind of funny. I was just reading about lyme disease again in our Sunday newspaper. I was dx with fibro almost two years ago but I also did a lot of research on lyme disease. I used to love to go out and enjoy the outdoors and I even enjoyed deer hunting. Well 3 years ago in November while showering I found this little tiny tick attached to me and I know it had to be there for at least a day because even though it was little I could still tell it was getting full on my blood. I took the tick to my Dr. who told me it was not a deer tick that it was a woodchuck tick(I'm sorry but I have never heard of any such thing) have you? Anyway back to the point, my health went down hill fast shortly after then. There are several days when I hurt so bad that I can't get out of bed. I know everyone on this site has those kind of days so I don't feel sorry for myself, I do however feel sorry for my children who are 6 and almost 2. I feel as though they deserve so much better, that makes me want to cry, and often I do. My husband has missed a ton of work over the last 2 years, I applied for SSDI and was denied 2 times but my lawyer feels cofident that I won my case in front of the law judge. I really hope things turn around a little bit, I don't know how much more bad news I can take. Christmas is almost here, we are behind in all of our bills, I don't know what to do. My husband says to just think that it will be better next year. Good I hope it is but in the meantime what am I suppose to tell my kids on Christmas when there are no presents. I'm really sorry to go on like this to you, I just needed to vent somewhere and this site is the best place. Also I saw your post on fibro and lyme disease and totally agree with you. I hope you along with everyone else are doing as well as can be expected. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by babyboo099
    I have a question...

I have been dx with fibro for the last 4-5 yrs but have had it forever...

As I have developed new & troubling s/s... I have been doing a lot of research on the subject.... all of my s/s point to one thing i particular with glaring reality......LYME DISEASE

I encourage anyone with a dx of fibromyalgia to do a google search on lyme disease, lymenet, and also go to the lyme disease section on these boards.... what you find may suprise you

I for one am taking charge of my health and will never give up searching for answers

Fibro can happen when NOT properly treated for LD

There are NOT any tests that are 100% accurate for LD, most are NOT even 30% accurate....it seems like a lot of people are being given multiple dx that later...some much later... that are really LD

I encourage everyone to investigate this possibility because LD (and fibro) are devastating to all involved

I believe that everyone more than likely has fibro, but I would also caution you to look into all possibilities @ to why this is happening to you

50% of all people with LD never remember having a tick bite

50% of all people with LD never have the "bulls-eye rash" either

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

My email for anyone who wants more info on the matter:
    [removed]

Stacey
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]

Last edited by moderator2; 12-03-2003 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Do not quote posts that violate the posting rules.

Closed Thread