It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• Vitamins and things that make FM (you feel better)!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-10-2003, 12:03 PM   #1
    MISKC91

MISKC91 HB User
    Lightbulb Vitamins and things that make FM (you feel better)!

Hello All,

I just wanted to let you in on some things I've learned. Some Doctors seem to think FM is connected to low thyroid.

Some essential things for helping your thyroid to function are: Essential Fatty Acids (1000 to 1,500 mg) a day, are necessary for optimal hormone production. It may be wise to avoid flaxseed oit due to high levels of cyanogenic glycosides. Omega 3 oils and borage oil are a good choice. These are essential for a healthy nervous system.
    Vitamin A,C,E and Selenium are essential. A person with a low thyroid cannot convert beta-caroente inot Vitamin A, and when the body is low it cannot produce the thyroid stimulating hormone, TSH. Selinium 200 mcg/a day is thought to support the vital conversion of T-4 into T3. DON'T TAKE MORE THAN 200 MCGs OF SELINIUM!!!! YOU CAN GET POISIONING FROM IT!
    Calicum, 1000 mg/ a day, suppresses a fat storing parathyroid hormone- a hormone that is often poorly regulated in thyroid conditions.
    L-Tyrosine is an amino acid that is the basis for the thyroid hormone thyroxin and triodothyronine. 500 mg a day.

Avoid Aspertame, Equal, Nutrasweet. Eat organic foods, lots of egg yolks, apricots, dates, prunes and fish.

Low thyroid results in the reduction of the release of serotonin- the feel good hormone- which can contribute to depression. Exercise helps the level of serotonin. It is vital that you take a B complex (50-100 mg) a day.

Something that has been really great for me is COQ10. This helps oxgynate the blood. I buy it at GNC. They are orange flavored tablets that dissolve in your mouth. They really work for the muscle aches. You can tell in about a week.

It is thought that people with FM also have an overgrowth of candida. Sympotms of CandidaAlbicans include, constipation, diarrhea, abdomianl pain, headaches, bad breath, belching, rectal itching, memory loss, canker sore, heartburn, muscle and joint pain, sore throat, numbness in the face or extremeties, tingling sensations, acne, night sweats, sever itching, clogged sinuses, PMS, burning tongue, white spots in the tongue and in the mouth, depression, hyperactivity, jock itch, athlete's foot, poor digestion, sugar and carbohydrate cravings, gas, brain fog, skin rashes, cold hands or feet, head pain, gas, bloating, fluid in the ears, ear pain, dizziness, tearing of the eyes,seeing spots before the eyes, pressure above the ears, mucus in the stools, and other symptoms. Foods that should be avoided in order to starve out the overgrowth of the candida are bread, sugar, dairy products, cheese, peanut butter. You should eat 8 oz. plain yougurt every day. Also, you should eat raw vegetables. And take a pro-biotic.

I was hospitalized a few months ago with FM for 5 days. Before that I was in bed for 3 months. I had about 75 symptoms. I convulsed so hard at night, every few minutes that my ribs were sore in the mornings. I had no appetite, I lost 10 pounds in a week, everything I smelled made me want to throw up, I had breathing problems, and heart irregularities, strange feelings, feelings of spider crawling on me[COLOR=DarkSlateGray] and on and on. It was terrible. There was nothing the Doctors could do, and the medication didn't work. But Jesus, healed my symptoms. The one that made the body, heals the body. If you don't have a personal relationship with Jesus, I hope that you will ask him to come into your heart. He came to earth, with one purpose- to die. To die for you and me, to give us eternal life and life more abundtly. Satan comes to kill, steal and destroy our lives, family, retlationships, health, our jobs. Every good and perfect gift is from above.

Love in Jesus,

Sherri

Last edited by moderator2; 08-18-2005 at 06:48 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2005, 03:20 PM   #2
    jcforg
    (female)

jcforg HB User
    Re: [SIZE=4]Vitamins and things that make FM (you feel better)!

hi, sherri,

This is my very first reply, you caught my attetion with (THE ONE WHO MAKES THE BODY IS THE ONE WHO HEALS THE BODY) i LOVE IT, i always say you buy a mercedes you take it to the mercedes dealer, why wouldn't you take your broken body to its maker , our savior and healer (CHRIST JESUS) !!! I love him like you do!!!!!!
    I will take your advice with the natural vitamins that GOD provided for us, I don't want to polute myself with drugs and or meds, after all our body is a temple and JESUS dwells within!!! MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS, Gina.

Old 08-18-2005, 05:55 PM   #3
    Glojer
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Misk your advice on the vitamins was right on, I've been taking these same vits for a while now and I really think they help. Just started CoQ10 though.
    Welcome jcforg.

Old 08-18-2005, 08:22 PM   #4
    seaturtle
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

seaturtle HB User
    Re: Vitamins and things that make FM (you feel better)!

I take those, and also MSM. I think they have helped a lot. Also, since I began taking the CQ10, I have much less trouble with sinus infections.

Old 08-19-2005, 10:11 AM   #5
    CarolinNC
    (female)

CarolinNC HB User
    Cool Re: Vitamins and things that make FM (you feel better)!

Hey Sherry, Thanks so much for the info on fm. I also have hypothyroidism and I have to agree that it goes hand in hand. I am going to get me some of the coq10 pills and see if it helps. I am currently going to therapy for the pain I am currently having from fm. I had to have my thryroid removed due to cancer and that is when the problems really started. I am like you, God is the one the made our bodies and I know he can heal us when it is in his time. We just have to be patient and do what we can along the way. I just want to say that you have made me feel so much better just reading your post. May God Bless you and your health....carol

Old 08-19-2005, 12:35 PM   #6
    Lost Robin
    (female)

Lost Robin HB User

These are really great posts! I'm anxious to try a vitamin, mineral, etc. regimen myself. I just want to run it by my doc first to make sure they won't interact with my meds. I'm not willing to try and give them up any time soon because I remember the incredible pain and fatigue I had before I took them.

I would, however, like to share this simple little story we were told in Sunday School when I was a little girl. I've called this to mind quite a few times in my life when I needed to decide how to handle certain situations. I hope you will see the relavance here as I do. It went something like this:

One stormy afternoon, flood waters were approaching Jacob's small rural town. The town officials urged all the residents to leave immediately in order not to be swallowed up by the approaching flood waters. As Jacob stood outside his front door, his neighbor drove by in a pick-up truck and offered to take Jacob to higher ground. Jacob replied, "No, no. I'm fine. I'm staying here. God will take care of me." His neighbor just shook his head and drove away. As the flood waters started to rise around Jacob's house, he decided he'd better go to the second floor of his house in order to stay safe. About 10 minutes later, a stranger came by in a boat and told Jacob to jump in so he could take him out of harm's way. To that, Jacob replied, "No, that's ok. You go ahead. I'm staying here. The Lord will save me." So the stranger took off in his boat to get to higher ground. As the waters continued to rise high around Jacob's house, he decided he'd better head for the roof. Shortly after that, a helicopter was hovering over his house. The pilot yelled out to Jacob, "Sir, grab the rope! I'll pull you up and take you to safety!" Jacob replied, "No, that's okay. I'm waiting for God. He will save me!" Eventually, the helicopter left to try and help other people out of the flood waters.

A short while later, Jacob awoke and found himself at St. Peter's gate. Looking confused and surprised, Jacob asked God, "Why am I here? I thought you were going to save me"? To which God replied, "I sent you a pick-up truck, a boat and a helicopter. What were you waiting for?"

I always loved that story, even as a little girl. To me it is simple. God has many ways of helping us. He has also given us the wisdom to create things or ways to help ourselves and the choice of how we use them.

I say this here only because I know there are people out there who are made to feel guilty about taking prescription meds, especially pain meds, even though they are suffering terribly. I know, because I am one of those people who used to feel this guilt. Please don't let anyone judge you. Only YOU know you're pain and only YOU know what helps ease your suffering.

Love and peace to all ,

Robin

Old 08-20-2005, 08:01 AM   #7
    Glojer
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Robin, you are so correct, if you are taking pain and other meds for all the right reasons and in the right way no has the right to make you feel guilty about it. And no one should accept that guilt from anyone else!

Old 08-22-2005, 08:02 PM   #8
    MISKC91!
    (female)

MISKC91! HB User

HI!

Jcforg, thank you for your awesome reply to my Vitamins and things that make FM (you feel better)! Jesus is the answer! Thank you to Glojer, Seaturtle and CarolinNC! I'm telling you that COQ10 really works! I have a great book called "How to Feel Great all the Time by Dr. Valarie Saxion" All of you should read it.

I was actually hospitalized with FM. I lost about 25 pounds in just a matter of weeks. It is the most horrible disease. I lost hair, my body convulsed at night, I felt like I was smothering at night. I vomited and burped a lot. My symptoms went on and on and on.

(I was very sore under my armpits- just wanted to throw that in because I was reading that a male was sore under his armpits. I can't remember his ID though)

I haven't been on this site for quite some time, and was so encouraged to read the replys to my post.

Blessings to all,

The one that made the body heals the body

Old 08-22-2005, 08:15 PM   #9
    MISKC91!
    (female)

MISKC91! HB User

Robin,

Thanks for the post. Drink a lot of water and don't drink sodas and sugars. Try and exercise also.

Blesssings,
    MISKC91

Old 08-22-2005, 08:23 PM   #10
    MISKC91!
    (female)

MISKC91! HB User

HI JCFORG

Just read your reply to my Vitamins and things that make FM (you feel better)! Let me first tell you that MISKC91 and MISKC91! are both me. I have been on here since 2003. Keep the faith!

Blessings,

Sherri

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jcforg
    hi, sherri,

This is my very first reply, you caught my attetion with (THE ONE WHO MAKES THE BODY IS THE ONE WHO HEALS THE BODY) i LOVE IT, i always say you buy a mercedes you take it to the mercedes dealer, why wouldn't you take your broken body to its maker , our savior and healer (CHRIST JESUS) !!! I love him like you do!!!!!!
    I will take your advice with the natural vitamins that GOD provided for us, I don't want to polute myself with drugs and or meds, after all our body is a temple and JESUS dwells within!!! MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS, Gina.

Old 08-23-2005, 08:04 PM   #11
    thomasina
    (female)

thomasina HB User

I envy any one that is successful taking supplements. I got absolutely NO where with them.

I need the big guns, & if that isn't enough, I need mega doses. Some medicines I take require another because of side effects. "More Money"

thommie

Old 03-31-2010, 04:31 AM   #12
    ArtyAussie
    (female)

ArtyAussie HB User

Wow..thats a lot of stuff to take, but then i take a fair bit myself of the natural things. I find Quercetin provides some relief of my back of the leg pain, good for many things, varicose veins, cappilaries, even research now indicates a resistance to some cancer molecules..calcium tablets can be hard to swallow, but then there is the powder form too..also in powder form i take vitamin c, which is necessary for calcium absorption or some such thing. i take garlic capsules for all round benefits, blood flow, blood pressure - mine is at a low sometimes of 58. thats 8 away from coma apparently!! it was 61 today. normal level for me when it is really good is athlete level of about 100.

I take liquid valerian for nerves and sleep sometimes, not dependant on it only when really unable to sleep..it gets you right away nearly, being liquid and i found i sank down into relaxing sleep so easily..within 15 mins. i take another nerve tablet up to 3 times a day that is natural, can't remember it now and am going to bed soon, my bag of pills is in the kitchen.

i also was recommended maca for energy and other benefits. i take it once a day sometimes more but was warned not to take too much of it.. i have it in capsule form, although i have tried powder form too..easy enough to take it in capsule form..very strong tasting..makes me feel a bit more nauseas at first but then ok.

i eat amaranth cereal - good on breakfast or with rice, which has amino acids, protein, and omega - can't recall which one, packet also in kitchen! am settled in bed to soon go to sleep after i play a game for a while..

Jesus was a rose taste in my mouth once before.. I am a Catholic, multi faith, but Catholic from childhood, and i recently went to confession and then Holy Communion, and had the taste of rose beyond it, so heavenly! that was with the first confession and communion i had for over 10 years without it all, without church..and I had redevoted myself to rosary and prayer everyday... a miracle of the lords love and forgiveness..if no one else can save me or heal me and i can't afford it.. i can trust in god to give me love and healing..mercy on all lord..i know you love us all!! boundlessly!!

Closed Thread