It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• Help! Charlie Horse cramps at night

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-14-2004, 08:14 AM   #1
    dorri
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

dorri HB Userdorri HB Userdorri HB Userdorri HB Userdorri HB User
    Help! Charlie Horse cramps at night

I don't know if Charlie Horse Cramps are the same as the cramps mentioned here, but I've been having major leg cramps at night where it feels like my leg is literally frozen in a painful spasm. I went to the doctor and he checked my electrolytes because he thought that my diarreha may be causing the problem. All my bloodwork came back normal. All my other tests are coming back normal as well, so this is confusing to the doctor's who are treating me. I am very sick but still no diagnosis. I have an appt with rheumy in 2 weeks, but hope I don't have to wait and wait for answers. Which leads me to the question, how common is Charlie Horse cramps with FM, or is it related at all?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2004, 02:59 PM   #2
    Icefire

Icefire HB User
    Re: Help! Charlie Horse cramps at night

I used to get them all the time as a child, and haven't really had them as an adult. That was until I had this flare of the fibro. There are several new things happening this time but all of my tests are fine. I get a Charlie Horsey just about on a nightly basis now. I just get my husband to massage my calves with lotion and that seems to help for awhile.

Good Luck

Chris

Old 08-14-2004, 07:48 PM   #3
    dorri
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

dorri HB Userdorri HB Userdorri HB Userdorri HB Userdorri HB User

Thank you Chris, I feel bad that you are also experiencing Charlie Horse Cramps. Mine are disturbing to my sleep and if the other pain doesn't wake me, these surely do. What really confuses me is the calcium and potassium in my blood are okay, so outside of massage, what prevents them from happening in the first place?

Old 08-14-2004, 11:13 PM   #4
    Icefire

Icefire HB User

Good question, I guess if I knew that I wouldn't have to deal with them. Anyone know?

Closed Thread