It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• Do others have really sore & raw feeling gums.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-09-2005, 06:17 AM   #1
    Chocky
    Inactive
    (male)

Chocky HB User
    Do others have really sore & raw feeling gums.

Hi. I have had ME/CFS since about July 2003. I didn't develop muscle pain until a year later (July 2004). I have been aching really badly all over ever since. The pain varies somewhat depending a lot on the weather. When it's worst it is a very raw feeling like you get in your chest when you have the flu. From what I've read it sounds like Fibromyalgia as it often goes with M.E./CFS I've learned.

One thing though, almost constantly I have sore raw feeling gums. This has gotten worse over the past 4 or so months. To begin with I thought my toothbrush might have been too hard. So I switched back to 'soft'. But my sore gums got worse instead of better. I think this must be a symptom of Fibromyalgia (or just ME/CFS in general). It is the same raw pain I have in the rest of my body. I'm a little surprised though as I haven't read about gum pain associated with Fibromyalgia. Does anyone else get this?

I am currently taking a mineral supplement produced by a man in my country who had M.E./Fribromyalgic pain for eight years. He created the product himself and believes it cured him. He says he's had lots of positive feedback from others too - including his wife being cured of athritis and his daughter of asthma and juvenile arthritis. His wife said the product initially made his Fibromyalgia worse but eventually cured him. They believe CFS/Fribromyalgia are auto-immune conditions caused by inadequate minerals in our food.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2005, 08:02 AM   #2
    twanger
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

twanger HB User
    Re: Do others have really sore & raw feeling gums.

I had raw feeling gums for awhile ( about 1 month). My gums even looked red. I went to the dentist and he said that I was allergic to something, possible my toothpaste. I had been using that toothpaste for years. I changed toothpasts and it went away.
    I don't know if that was a coincidence or not.

Old 02-09-2005, 06:10 PM   #3
    Chocky
    Inactive
    (male)

Chocky HB User

Thanks for your reply. That was interesting. Funnily enough, I used a different toothpaste than usual today and my gums haven't been as sore - although they're a bit more sore again right now. I guess it could be that with CFS/FM you develop more sensitivity to certain things which might include certain toothpastes. The flavouring in some of them does seem to be pretty strong for example. I'll keep experimenting.

Old 02-10-2005, 06:22 AM   #4
    bluelakelady
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi chocky,
    yes fms can play in your gums too. i had all my upper teeth removed almost 2 years ago due to gum disease, yet there are times when my gums hurt as tho i still had teeth up there. they feel puffy and infected. i do use a special toothpaste but cannot post the name as it is not permissable. try your natural foods store. there are many good choices without all the chemical additives most tooth cleaners have.
    i get fms in my eye balls so no part of us is exempt, giggle. bizarre this fms, bizarre.
    suggestion, purchase a toothbrush for children that is soft. not medium or hard as they tear your gums.
    peace,
    bluelakelady

Closed Thread