It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• Does anyone else seem to getting continually worse each winter

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-02-2005, 02:02 AM   #1
    pentoria
    (female)

pentoria HB User
    Unhappy Does anyone else seem to getting continually worse each winter

Hi

This is my first post but there seems such a lot of support on the board that I though I would as the following questions :

I know that Fibro is not suppose to be a degenative condition but does anyone else seem to be getting worse all the time. I am finding that this winter has been far worse for symptons and pain than any other and that in general things seem to be getting worse instead of better.

I know that I am probably my own worse enemy but I work fuly time and by the time I get home I am so exhausted that I can barely prepare dinner let a lone do exercise as well. I am so tired and fed up of being in such pain nothing seems to help.

Does anyone else find this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2005, 06:41 AM   #2
    latte163
    (female)

latte163 HB User
    Re: Does anyone else seem to getting continually worse each winter

Hi there,
    I can relate. I thought I "knew" the worst of my fibro symptoms until this August when it really hit me during a stressful time. I don't think it was that the fibro was getting worse, rather that it wasn't at it's max potential up until this time. Do you know what I mean?
    It's funny because, I have used your exact words in reference to cooking, exercising when I come home from work. It's exhausting. I fear having children in the next few years, because I worry that I won't be able to handle it. My husband can also tell the difference in my energy when I've been home all day...I clean, cook, etc. and am usually happy doing it. Not the case on working days!
    Glad you've found the boards!

Old 03-02-2005, 08:25 AM   #3
    twanger
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

twanger HB User
    Re: Does anyone else seem to getting continually worse each winter

First of all, noone can work and come home to cook, clean and take care of children. I may be from the "old school" but we are not wonder women and whoever expects us to do that is crazy or abusive. Fortunately, my generation had some stay at home moms. That is not perfect either and has some drawbacks as far as financial security and the lack of outside interaction.

Having said that, it is the only way to do it. I am 58 years old and maybe considered senile or something. Either spouse needs to stay home and make that his/her work and consider it a partnership. House work is work.

Anyway, enough of my lecture. I just think that anyone would be exhausted trying to do both jobs. When do you have time to take care of yourself and exercise or read?

In answer to your original question, yes, my fibro symptoms get worse in the winter and subside greatly by May. In addition, they get worse year to year. It must be SAD or something.

Closed Thread