It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• just diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I have questions.Help

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-18-2005, 09:52 AM   #1
    JJCHEEK

JJCHEEK HB User
    just diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I have questions.Help

Does anyone have trouble with there eyes. My eyes are very sensitive to outside light, I have floaters really bad, and my vision at night is not that great. things look staticky at night. If I go outside without dark sunglasses on, in about 10 minutes my eyes can hardly stand it they want to close, my head starts hurting and my eyes hurt. I do have body aches and head aches pretty regularly. Does anyone have a problem drinking alcohol? Is anyone real sensitive to medications? Im just trying to understand why my body is so screwed up, is it from fibromyalgia or from my anxiety/panic disorder, a chemical imbalance. Please give me some opinions.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2005, 10:20 AM   #2
    GodsGirl4ever06
    Veteran
    (female)

GodsGirl4ever06 HB User
    Re: just diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I have questions.Help

The only thing I can help you with is eye problems. My eyes are also sensitive to outside light (sometimes even inside light), and they also just start hurting really bad all the time. However, accupressure helps that, so I do that... sorry I dont drink alcohol, so I can't help you there (I'm only 17 =)

Fibromyalgia
    Mitral Valve Prolapse
    Tachycardia
    High Blood Pressure
    Nummular Eczema
    Depression
    Esophagitis
    Solar Urticaria (but not officially yet)

Old 03-18-2005, 11:00 AM   #3
    JJCHEEK

JJCHEEK HB User

Thank you so much. I was really worried about my eyes, since you have the same problem its got to be from fibromyalgia. You are so young to have fibromyalgia. Im 23. I think mine stemedfrom being sick with mononucleosis. It took about 9 months or so before I felt like I was getting my strength back. When I started getting my strength back it seemed like my body aches really started kicking in. If its not one thing its another.

Old 03-18-2005, 11:54 AM   #4
    SuzU

SuzU HB User

Hi,
    I get the eye floaters really bad lately also. Do yours look like shooting stars?

I can relate-I don't know what I had, but something made me really weak after a sinus infection and I could barely walk for like a month. I still have limited strength, my muscles shake a lot when I use them, and now they are starting to hurt a lot also.

I'm reading a book about FM and CMP and it seems the eye symptoms are not uncommon, though it only mentions pain, double vision, light sensitivity and others, but not floaters.

I have them though. I'm not dx'ed with FM yet, but I've been told it is the strongest possibility of all the things the doctors are ruling out.

Oh-and I also have the night vision problems you are describing.

Last edited by SuzU; 03-18-2005 at 11:55 AM.

Old 03-18-2005, 12:13 PM   #5
    spotty
    (female)

spotty HB User

I have all those problems except the staticky thing. I have fibro and anxiety/panic disorder. I have had the floaters for a long time. My eyes get dry and blurry. I think I have more tolerance to alcohol its doesnt really do much for me except make me feel sick. I try to avoid medications and am very sensitive to cafiene.

Old 03-18-2005, 02:11 PM   #6
    JJCHEEK

JJCHEEK HB User

You guys dont know how much better I feel knowing that others are having the same eye problems that im having. Im not happy that you are having problems but at least I know its from fm now. My doctor has not been much help. I dont think he knows alot about fm, he's just herd of it and knows part of the symptoms. He did not tell me my eye problems were coming from fm, he just said that my body aches and head aches and tiredness was from fm. Is this suppose to go away one day. I can't imagine my eyes being like this for the rest of my life.

Old 03-18-2005, 02:26 PM   #7
    cookie51
    Veteran
    (female)

cookie51 HB User

Hi,
    Ialso have fibro and all of the things you asked about are part of fibro. I like you am very sensitive to meds. and I can taste any shot or meds. given by injection , it is like it is right in my throat. Floaters all the time and I also get silver flashing in the corner of my eyes. It is so weird but I think with fibromyalgia, their are many things related to it,pain, being sensitive,sleep problems, there are too many things that go with this. I am always told it is very important to get a good nights sleep, easier said then done.
    Hope all is well with you
    cookie

Old 03-18-2005, 02:37 PM   #8
    spotty
    (female)

spotty HB User

Sometimes my floaters are not that bad but then they get really bad again. I dont know why or what they are from but it is really annoying. They are bothering me right now and I am so tired of it. Has anyone been to an eye doctor about them? I havent but was thinking about it.

Old 03-18-2005, 03:33 PM   #9
    JJCHEEK

JJCHEEK HB User
    Unhappy Re: just diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I have questions.Help

If im in a room that is bright like a doctors office, I will have bright specks in my vision along with your typical floaters. I have been to an opthalmalogist twice about my floaters and double vision and he said they were fine. My double vision went away when I started feeling like I was getting my strength back. Every once in a while I might have an episode of double vision, ussually when I do to much during the day, it will happen. When im really tired is when I have double vision. Has anyone asked there doctor how long this lasts. It cant be forever, please tell me it goes away one day, it just takes time. what kind of doctor specializes in fm? My doc. did not offer me to much info. He told me to take motrin or tylenol for my body aches, and iI have tried that and it does nothing for me. What trigered all of you to have fm. mine came from mono and I had just had a baby, I guess my body was so weak from being pregnant and having a baby that it did not have time to strengthen itself.

Old 03-18-2005, 03:54 PM   #10
    spotty
    (female)

spotty HB User

My floaters began after I had my last child eight years ago. Im not sure what triggered my FM a couple of years ago. Im thing stress or a virus. My doctor was exactly the same gave me motrin and told me to exercise. Im not sure what kind of Doctor specializes in FM.

Old 03-18-2005, 04:15 PM   #11
    JJCHEEK

JJCHEEK HB User

I wish some doctors would do more research on fm. Did you know that some doctors dont recognize this as a condition. I thought that was pretty crapy. I was told that ssri's help with fm. The problem I have is my body is very sensitive to certain meds and ssri's happen to be one type. I will admit when I tried to take effexor about 5 months ago it took away all of my body pains and aches, but I had bad side effects. I was so nervouse, my stomach was very upset, I kept feeling like I had to pee, and I had major muscle tension. Whats so messed up about all of this is that I use to take effexor 2 years ago, and I did not experience anything like that. I was on effexor xr 37.5mg for about 6 months and not one time did it cause anything like that. Since I have had fm its a whole nother story when it comes to meds.

Old 03-18-2005, 04:41 PM   #12
    spotty
    (female)

spotty HB User

I took 1 Zoloft 1 time and I had a very bad experience. I am too afraid to try ssri's again. My doctor basically told me that doctors do not really know much about FM or what causes it. He said there is also nothing you can do for it. So I just kinda take it day by day but there is always different symptoms. I think thats whats so hard about it for me.

Old 03-18-2005, 04:54 PM   #13
    JJCHEEK

JJCHEEK HB User

I agree. We have no choice but too take it day by day. Im thinking about getting a good multivitamine and stop eating meat. Im going to try and see if I cant heal myself with eating healthy food. Im going to slowly try and build up my strength, if thats even possible.

Old 03-18-2005, 05:35 PM   #14
    spotty
    (female)

spotty HB User

I have heard that lots of protien helps. I do eat more of that. I have also tried juicing which is suppose to give you more vitamins than eating the fruit or veg. I stopped for a while but plan to start back up again soon. Exercise has helped but I get busy and cant always do it.

Old 03-18-2005, 06:07 PM   #15
    JJCHEEK

JJCHEEK HB User

I'll have to try it, It cant get any worse. Thanks for your support, its nice to chat with someone who is going through the same thing.

Closed Thread