It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• Anxiety and Stress or Maybe FM?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-14-2005, 10:37 AM   #1
    qwerty1970
    (female)

qwerty1970 HB User
    Anxiety and Stress or Maybe FM?

I feel like a Healthboard junkie. I've been all over these boards trying to find the reason why I feel so horrible all of the time. Mostly I've been on the stress and anxiety boards but these physical symptoms that plague me seem to be a little like FM. I haven't been diagnosed with FM or anything for that matter since my doctor seems to think I just need to learn how to relax. Maybe I don't complain enough or something or I seem too young to have any problems (mid thirties) but she doesn't seem to want to help. If these symptoms sound anything like yours please let me know. I find it hard to believe that stress and anxiety alone can make someone feel SO bad, but maybe I'm wrong...I just wish I could put a name to this.
    My back hurts constantly between and behind my shoulder blades - it's like a burning pain. Often the muscles throb with my heartbeat which is really disturbing. The pain radiates down my arms, up my nectk, wraps around my chest, and I've had the last two fingers on both hands go numb and tingly while at work. I'm constantly stretching at work to loosen up but the pain is constant. As a prerequistite my job is very stressful and I have anxiety problems to begin with. I loathe every minute I'm there but we need the money. I'd feel guilty if I left and I'm worried that my husband would think I'm being lazy. I kind of mentioned FM but he thinks that it is a cop out for lazy people who don't want to work.
    Along with the back pain I've got chest pain in my sternum - sometimes deep breathing hurts. When the back tightens up the front hurts badly and several times a day I have to arch back and make it pop. It hurts so bad and sounds so terrible I feel like it can't be good to do but I get temporary relief after that.
    I have what I think is sciatia and the pain hurts terriblly in my SI joint and radiates down my leg. My hips, knees, elbows, neck, and ankles hurt and pop.
    When I get up in the morning I'm usually dizzy and nauseous. I feel unreal, dizzy, and floaty during the day. I'm finding that I'm forgetting things a lot. I can remember whole days that happened when I was six. People will mention things they told me recently and I have absolutely no recolletion of them. It's embarrassing. I feel like I'm 85 years old.
    I feel tired and achey all of the time and my head hurts - it kind of feels like when you get the flu and a fever. I feel like weights are strapped to every limb and just walking up the steps is tiring. Just sitting here hurts (and I'm at home today because I took a precious vacation day just to rest).
    I don't seem to sleep well and have trouble getting to sleep unless I use an OTC sleep aid. I never feel like I get enough sleep - even after 10 hours I could still sleep more. When I do sleep well my dreams feel more real and better than my life. I tried alcohol to make me sleep but a funny thing happens when I drink alcohol. When the buzz hits I get the most intense tired and painful feeling all over my body for about 10 minutes. It's bizarre so I don't do that.
    I have stomach problems. Feels like I have lump in my throat and I get painful indigestion. I either can't go for 3 or 4 days or need to go 12 times in one day. I'll get a pain in my lower left abdomen that will stay night and day for about 3 days.
    At the end of the day the skin on my calves feels tight like my legs are swollen but they're not. If I was retaining water I think it would leave a dent if I pushed on the skin?
    I hate to tell anyone I know about how crappy I feel (especially DH) because I don't get much sympathy. They just say "Well, you don't look sick". Even telling my mother just gets a "Wait till you get to be my age". She's always doing active things around the house and doesn't have to deal with stress at work (never did). I think she feels much better than I do and she's in her mid seventies. I really don't want sympathy really - it doesn't make me feel better. I would just like to feel alive and good again. I'd like to know exactly what's making me feel so bad and whether this is like anything you've had to deal with. Thanks for any replies.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread