It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• Anyone else have Fibro & PCOS?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-24-2006, 11:53 PM   #1
    weitz
    (female)

weitz HB User
    Question Anyone else have Fibro & PCOS?

Hi everyone, my name is Susie and this is my first post on here but have been reading everyone's great questions and advise. So I am finally taking the plunge to do my own post.

I was diagnosed with Fibro about 6 months ago but started having servious problems in mid December 2005 after getting CMV. Was also told several years ago after a back injury that I had Fibro, at the time I thought yeah right, but she probably was.

I have had PCOS-polycystic ovarian syndrome for the last couple years, that may have had a role in the loss of our son in 2003 (water broke at 20 weeks and he was born at 21 weeks 1 day, today, September 25th is his birthday). I see my gyn again in two weeks for any ultrasound to see if the lining of my uterus is still thickened and he may do a D & C.

My question comes from my last visit with my family doc who is leaving, sob, we were going over my meds and I asked him if it is common to see someone with both fibro and PCOS, and he said in his opinion that it was quite common. Just wondering if I'm the oddball of the bunch of fibromites or if anyone else out there has the same two conditions at the same time.

If anyone has any info or insite I would be most grateful.

A list of my meds:
    Baclofen
    Vicoden
    Klonopin
    Going off of Zoloft
    Metformin
    Daily vitamin

Last edited by weitz; 09-25-2006 at 12:19 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2006, 01:36 PM   #2
    stick2013
    Inactive
    (female)

stick2013 HB User
    Re: Anyone else have Fibro & PCOS?

Hi Susie,

First....I just wanted to tell you that I am sorry for the loss of your son. It must be a hard day for you. My girlfriend lost her son at age 8 and I will never forget the hell she went through.

Welcome to the board. Someone will help you with your answers on PCOS, as I don't have it. I am glad that you have finally decided to post. It's a wonderful place to be, with lots of great people....

Hugs,

Sid

Old 10-09-2006, 07:07 AM   #3
    aleenia
    Inactive
    (female)

aleenia HB User

hi susie,

i have pcos and most likely FM (though i've not had a solid diagnosis of that yet). i was diagnosed with pcos in 1990, back in the dark ages when they didn't know what the heck it was, and treatment was 'go home and lose weight'. fun.

i've been on a lot of pcos boards and have read that quite a few people with pcos have fibromyalgia.

i'm not sure if this is true - maybe someone here can correct me if i'm wrong - but i am pretty sure i have read that there is a link between pre-diabetes and fibromyalgia. you probably know that most women with pcos have insulin resistance and go on to develop type II diabetes.

on a personal level, i have noticed that my pain is worse once a month, around menstruation time, but that might not have anything to do with it, i'm not sure.

your list of meds looks like mine! hahahah. the same types of medicine, but different names. metformin definitely seems to be regulating my cycles, so that's good.

i do have to say though, that before i moved to where i am now, i was seeing an herbalist, who was fantastic. i never felt so healthy as when i was seeing him. i lost weight, started eating better, and took herbs that are recommended for pcos. unfortunately, i had some major life changes and i couldn't see him anymore. my diet went up the creek. i gained back the 70 lbs i lost, plus 10 more, and now i feel the oldest i've ever felt and i'm only in my mid-30s.

anyway, i just wanted to let you know that, no, you are not alone

Old 10-09-2006, 08:30 AM   #4
    windsey728
    (female)

windsey728 HB User

This is my first post too and I also have PCOS and was just diagnosed with Fibro. I was wondering if they are linked too. I have been looking for info on this and anyone with any insight on the links between these two would be a help!

Old 10-24-2006, 10:38 PM   #5
    xjustdizzyx
    (female)

xjustdizzyx HB User

I have fibro and PCOS as well. It's interesting. I'm wondering if there is a big connection. I mean, we found this many people like that in this short time...

Closed Thread