It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• Need advice about going back on old meds, need advice please reply!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-16-2007, 06:38 PM   #1
    kaydenxo
    Inactive
    (female)

kaydenxo HB User
    Need advice about going back on old meds, need advice please reply!!!

Hello,
    I used to post on this board before and received good advice then, so im hoping someone has advice for me now. I was diagnosed with fibro about 5 years ago, my pain doc started me on vicodin and then over a 2 year period increased me to 75mcg duragesic with percocet for BT pain, as well as soma 4X a day. I had a months supply of my meds stolen from my home 2 years ago, and was afraid to tell my doc since he had trust in me, and there was never an incident with my meds, so when i went back the next month, he just kept me on the same dosage, little did i know since i went a month without, the 75mcg patch was much to strong, along with the percocet which caused respiratory distress, and i ended up in the ICU. My doc didn't feel comfortable prescribing me pain meds. even know he stated he knows i needed them. I went without for some time and then got pregnant. My son is now 6 months old, and i was recently in a auto accident. so now i have 2 herniated discs on top of the fibro, as well as a 6 month old whom i have a hard time caring for. My family doc has me on subuxone and says even though it is not indicated for pain, it will work for pain, but it is just not helping, i no longer live in the same area i used to and would like to find another PM doc, but they want my prev PM docs records, im afraid those records may say something negative that may prevent the docs from prescribing me. I have been on everything from anti depressants, to anti anflammatories, u name it ive been on it, also tried aqua therapy, trigger points, chiropractic, acupuncture, acupressure, nothing helps, please i need advice, i need to know what to do i can't live in pain all the time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2007, 11:20 AM   #2
    bluelakelady
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
    Re: Need advice about going back on old meds, need advice please reply!!!

hi kiddo,
    welcome back. a baby. congrats!!
    first thing to to is call and request a copy of your records for your records. there may be a small fee involved. then you can read them and take them with you to a new doctor. make sense?
    kiss baby for all of us.
    peace,
    bluelakelady

Old 01-17-2007, 09:42 PM   #3
    tired-of-it-all
    Inactive
    (female)

tired-of-it-all HB User

have you thought of just going to a new doctor and maybe start from scratch tell him you suspect fibro and he will maybe treat you starting from scratch don't tell him you have been going to another doctor and he won't ask for previous records.

i don't know it might be worth a try. i don't know what makes you think ther will be something negative in the records or maybe ask the doctor if you can see the records. first.
    i have done that when i moved and changed doctors.

tired

Old 01-19-2007, 11:40 AM   #4
    girl75
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

girl75 HB User

great advice from Tired and BLL. i know how you feel about your records. i feel like mine are red flagged or something, lol.
    try not to worry about it to much, i am sure its is no big deal.
    i have an 8month old and your are absolutely right, it is hard caring for her in our condition. it has made her really independent though because i can't carry her to much so she has been crawling since she was 5mos and will probably be walking soon. my 7yr old and 4yr old are also extremely helpful and do alot for their baby sister.
    good luck and try what Tired and BLL suggested.
    keep us informed.
    robin

Last edited by girl75; 01-19-2007 at 11:40 AM.

Closed Thread