It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• you Know you have FMS when?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-17-2007, 12:09 PM   #1
    cantell
    (female)

cantell HB User
    Question you Know you have FMS when?

anybody want to add to this list of brain fogs funny stuff?

You know you have FMS when getting lucky means you found your car in the wal-Mart parking lot.

You know you have FMS when you go to make toast and nothing happens. You've plugged in the can opener.

You know you have FMS when you say to your Husband, "Good morning, John"...and his name is NOT JOHN!

You know you have FMS when you can't finish a conversation, because you don't remember what you were talking about.

The words "That thingy" is your favorite new words because you can not remember what that thingy is called.

You know you have FMS when you put the coffee pot in the microwave and your cold coffee cup into the coffee maker.

You know you have FMS when you read 100 e-mails from your online support group, then realize you're in the trash folder.

You know you have FMS when it takes you 4 or 5 try's and the whole day to finish one load of laundry

You know you have FMS when you can not for the life of you remember your zip code much less your age.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2007, 05:41 PM   #2
    LadyGwen
    (female)

LadyGwen HB User
    Re: you Know you have FMS when?

You know you have FMS when you put a tea bag in your coffee

Old 02-18-2007, 01:39 PM   #3
    Glojer
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

You know you have FMS when you go to grandparents day for your grandson and you write your sons name in the spot that says 'you are the grandparent of ______' and you wear the nametag all morning.

You know you have FM when you pick up the remote to make a phone call and try to change the channel with the telephone!

Old 02-18-2007, 05:38 PM   #4
    pa235
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User

You put things away in a safe place and forget where that safe place is.

You go the dentist the day before your appointment, I did

You call your children by the other childs name

You make a sandwich, throw the mustard, luncheon meat and the sandwich in the garbage.

The thinghy and the whatamacallit are my favorite words plus you know who I am talking about.

You make stupid mistakes posting, even though you read and reread our post, I do not bother to even edit anymore.

Fun post, we needsome laughs!!!

Hugs to all, Linda

Fibromyalgia
    Myofascal pain syndrome
    Costochondritis
    Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Old 02-19-2007, 06:26 PM   #5
    Glojer
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Cantell this is a fun post thanks for starting it, I have had a laugh or two cause I do most of these things.

Old 02-20-2007, 08:42 PM   #6
    bilij
    (female)

bilij HB User

Hi Cantell, this is a great subject. I can relate to all of them.......at
    76, I have a double dose of forgetting things. My husband is 79 and
    we so often laugh at each other as search for things we have put in
    an ''easy'' place to find. I lost my Sunday shoes and I thought I would
    have to miss church . I finally found them right where they were supposed
    to be. Even with the pain of fibromyalgia, life is good and I don't ever forget
    that. May God richly bless all my fibro buddies. Goodnight from Alabama,
    Bilij

Old 02-21-2007, 05:48 AM   #7
    cantell
    (female)

cantell HB User

You are all very welcome!! I didnt know how it would go over..I just get soooo frustrated with FMS, depression and anziaty(sp)? on a bad day I think to myself if I start laughing OR crying...I might not stop. (I have got to stay away from the depression boards on my bad days)

But to off set the bad days I allow myself to laugh..and IT IS A GOOD THINGY . So, thought I would share..after all they say laughter is the best medison right?

Cheers!!! & wishing you all MORE good days!!

Cantell

Old 02-22-2007, 06:26 AM   #8
    FANNtasy3
    (female)

FANNtasy3 HB User

Hi Im new here, thou not to fibro... laughed to so many, thought Ide like to add a few.

You know you have FMS when...

you drive your kid to school in the morning because they missed the bus and you drive them to the wrong school.

you come home in the dark and upon exiting the car you have driven for over 6 yrs, find yourself trapped because you cant find the handle on your door.

upon exiting the shower and drying off, you smell your arm pit because you dont remember using the soap. Or worse yet, a few hours later your rudely reminded that in fact, you did forget to put on deoderant. (always carry one with you)

chunks of hours, sometimes days, go a-missing, with absolutely no recollection as to what you did during the missing time.

coming home from a job youve worked for 20 yrs, to a home youve lived in for 10 and miss your exit to your home on a weekly basis and by the time you realize, you could be 20 miles past your home.

after a love making session, your legs are stuck in mid air!

I could go on and on and on and on... Thank god I laugh at these things now and not get upset or frustrated with myself. Ive accepted that even smart people with FMS, do really stupid things.

Old 02-22-2007, 07:03 AM   #9
    pa235
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Welcome Fann,

I shortened your name because I cannot remember the long names, no offense.Glad you joined us and hope you will become an active member on our board. Sorry to hear you have fm, it really stinks.

I laughed at your post, you really get fog. If you ever post about leg pain we will know why.

Does anyone else feel spacey headed when they have the fog?

Hugs, Linda

Fibromyalgia
    Myofascal pain syndrome
    Costochondritis

Old 02-22-2007, 01:16 PM   #10
    FANNtasy3
    (female)

FANNtasy3 HB User

Thanks Linda, leg pain... ROFL!!!!!!!!!

By the way, I am so new to this board thing, I dont know if I am introducing myself properly.

So, Hello to all who are reading, my name is Felicia. Not sure if I show up only as FANNtasy, but FANN is fine.

Linda, I am SO foggy and spacey these past 6 days, but I do have to admit... this time, I think its because I tried changing my antidepressant. (Requested change from Lexapro to Welbutrin XL, to help quit smoking), I am having dizzy spells and my tongue feels numb. Started taking Welbutrin just about two weeks ago and was told to wean off of the Lexapro. It seemed to start happening as soon as I stopped the Lexapro completely. Called the Doc. who said to stop the Welbutrin for four days. If the dizzy spells stop than it was the medication. Yesterday was the first day off both. Is how Im feeling now the side effects of the Welbutrin or the withdrawl from the Lexapro? Maybe its just Fibro Fog since Ive been having a down swing which I think was starting a week before I changed my meds. Who knows, just know I feel like I have vertigo. When I go back to the Doc. in two days, Im telling her that Im not taking anymore antidepressants. Im done, been on for too long, 12 yrs. All doc's say Im no longer depressed, but Psych doc wants me to take for IBS.

Funny, as Im writting this, an old friendly co-worker of mine who I havent spoken to since I went out on disability two yrs ago, has just called asking for advise. She got sick right after I left and was diagnosed with Fibro and Epsteen-Barr. Said work is pushing her to go out on permanent disablity. Told her to gather her Doctors notes, pack her desk and get out of Dodge. We both skipped around conversations, forgetting words and finishing stories we started earlier in the conversation and laughed at ourselves.....

So, to answere your question Linda; YES! Spacey comes with the fog!!!
    Like little boys, er, ah, and boys who never grew up, and find farts funny,
    I kind of think of brain farts in that manner... at least its on a more intellectual level. LOL

Be well all, the power of positive thinking is a power indeed. Sometimes, it is all mind over matter. If we pay no mind to it, it wont matter. Not ignoring our ills and the short comings they bring, but learning to live with them and accepting that this may be how it is for today, tomorrow can be better. Setting realistic goals for ourselves and realizing them at our own pace. Making peace with the fact that this illness is not a death sentance, you can live with it. I refuse to live the next 40 years of my life feeling like I have the first 40, and though most times, I may feel like Im 100, I know I can live to be 100, because my mind still tells me Im 26.

Aaa, who am I kiddin, Ive rambled so much my back hurts and I need a nap, so ok, right now I truely feel 100.

Sorry so long, but I have so much to share... LOL

Thanx for reading.
    Felicia

Last edited by FANNtasy3; 02-22-2007 at 01:22 PM.

Old 03-04-2007, 05:40 AM   #11
    FANNtasy3
    (female)

FANNtasy3 HB User

Fibro-fog, a.k.a. Brain Farts:

[Like little boys, er, ah, and boys who never grew up, and find farts funny,
    I kind of think of Fibro-fog brain farts in that manner... at least its on a more intellectual level.]

I like this one, I think Im ganna make a t-shirt with this on it. LOL Any one want one??

Heres more,

You know you have FMS when.....

you go on your computer that you have been using as a life line on a daily basis for what seems to be forever, and go to enter your screen name, then realize your typing your first name... when you go to correct it, you cant even remember your screen name.

you go to the store and want to write out a check for your merchandise. Upon hearing your total, you procede to write the check and are frozen in your shoes because you cant remember which direction to write the number 5! While standing at the register, your eyes dart around the store looking for a number 5, when none can be found, you take your pen and in mid air continue to write the 5 in both directions and both of which, still dont feel right. You then think to look at the screen on the back of the register for your total and finally GET IT!!!!

your in conversation with a neighbor and asked if she read the artical in the Star-Ledger the day before and she looks at you perplexed. You then realize, your hometown paper for the last 20 yrs. has been the Asbury Park Press, the Star-ledger was the home town paper from your childhood. Where does this crap come from?!?

Oh, Im sure I can remember more... maybe at another time.

Feel well Folks, Felicia

Old 03-04-2007, 06:04 PM   #12
    FANNtasy3
    (female)

FANNtasy3 HB User

You you try time and time again to open your house with the car key.

Old 03-04-2007, 07:05 PM   #13
    cjammom
    Inactive
    (female)

cjammom HB User

Hi All kinda new to his fibro board..my doc says I probably have it..I have all the symptoms only I am on a cancer med that causes the same kinds of side effects so its hard to tell.. anyway I read this post, laughed and laughed and then thought...
    you know you must have fibro when, You had a brain fog problem an hour earlier..and now can't (no way, no how) remember what the heck you couldnt remember!
    how scary is that! lol

my pain is mostly in my legs, pain and many many spasms almost always. anyone want to explain what their pains feel like so that I can compare?
    thanks.

Old 03-04-2007, 07:16 PM   #14
    pa235
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Looking on the bright side of fm fog, I can watch reruns of movies over and over and never remember I ever saw the movie before. Read a book and not remember I read it before.

I don"t even bother to correst my mistakes on posts on the board. I reread the darn thing 4 or 5 times, post and than see errors. I figure we are all in a fog and don"t notice those booboo"s anyhow.

Hugs Linda

Fibromyalgia
    Myofascal pain syndrome
    Costochondritis

Old 03-05-2007, 08:42 AM   #15
    FANNtasy3
    (female)

FANNtasy3 HB User

Oh Linda!
    What A Riot!!!