It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• Artery Pain?....

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-12-2000, 01:39 PM   #1
    Jennile Elise

Jennile Elise HB User
    Exclamation Artery Pain?....

Ok, I posted this at the other board but I thought I had better post it here too so it will get read. Sorry, about the repetition.
    Hi! I'm Jennile Elise. Last summer I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I am nineteen years old. I finally got to see a rhuematologist this summer (please excuse my spelling--I never did very well in biology)and today I went in for a routine checkup. I told him about some pain that I was having in my neck as my pulse would beat. It was very sever but usually only lasts a few minutes. However, it once lasted as long as forty five minutes. I was very concerned about this but did not go the ER because I did not feel that it was that crucial at the time. To make a long story short, he listented very carefully to the pulse in my neck with his stethescope and then told me that as long as I was not having dizziness, slurred speech or headaches along with this pain that it was nothing serious. He said that it was probably a condition called cor---artery something or other. It literally means "pain of the artery". I remembered this word long enough to get out to my car and try to explain it to my mom but then before I got it written down I forgot how to say it and thus could not spell it. I wanted to do some research on the subject but since I don't know how to spell it, I have no idea where to look. Has anyone ever heard of this before? Can YOU spell it? What is it and has anyone ever been told they have it? Well, I don't expect a miracle and, I know, "I should have written it down sooner." However, if there's anybody out there who knows, Please, please, please post an answer here or e-mail me. Thanks, Jennile ^_^

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2000, 05:20 PM   #2
    Elaine from Kentucky

Elaine from Kentucky HB User
    Jennile-I don't know what it could be! Why don't you call the nurse at your doctor's office and ask her? I'm sure it will make you feel a lot better just knowing!

Old 11-13-2000, 10:57 PM   #3
    CajunDee

CajunDee HB User
    Lightbulb

J, maybe the word is carotid..that is an artery in the neck. I wonder if it isn't a neuraglia of the artery or arteritis which is an inflammation of an artery. Apirins or ibuprofens are good for inflammation. Try to not worry about it but stay cautious enough to notice if any of the symptoms he described to you show up and if so, get it checked by your doctor or ER. I imagine blurred speech would be a pending stroke...and you would need help fast. Hopefully it will only be inflammation and will go away in time. Make sure your pillow is low enough and comfy to your neck. (((Soft Hugss))) Dee

Old 11-14-2000, 06:45 PM   #4
    Jennile Elise

Jennile Elise HB User
    Talking

I may just do that...it wouldn't hurt to call I guess. If I could only just remeber. I think I have this "atery pain" problem in places other than my neck it just doesn't hurt as bad anywhere else. ~____~ Just "one of those things" I guess. Thanks, and if any of y'all hear anything about it I'd love to know!
    Jennile ^_^

Old 11-14-2000, 08:47 PM   #5
    Linda D

Linda D HB User
    Jennile, I posted on the old board in reply to you. I think the doc probably said "carotid" since that is the name of the two arteries in the neck. I do know that they become clogged with plaque sometimes, and that would cause the dizziness, etc. but never heard of it causing pain. Ask your doc's office for the diagnosis in laymans terms. Good luck!

Closed Thread