It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• Irritability, mood swings and hurt feelings

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-30-2000, 01:37 PM   #1
    Linda D

Linda D HB User
    Post Irritability, mood swings and hurt feelings

I was wondering how many of you have problems with mood swings and irritability. I have noticed that I am almost always irritable. It doesn't take much to make me snap. I try not to let it show when it comes to family, but sometimes I just can't help myself. My patience with others is very short, and I've never been the type of person to insult or talk nasty to people, but for the past year or so, I have been just saying what I think, usually "before" I think, and then I feel really bad about it.(Sometimes) Mood swings are less of a problem since my mood is now stuck in the crappy mode. As for my feelings getting hurt, I had that problem for so many years. Now it's just the opposite. Linda D.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2000, 02:40 PM   #2
    Elaine from Kentucky

Elaine from Kentucky HB User
    Arrow

Quote:
    Originally posted by Linda D:
    I was wondering how many of you have problems with mood swings and irritability. I have noticed that I am almost always irritable. It doesn't take much to make me snap. I try not to let it show when it comes to family, but sometimes I just can't help myself. My patience with others is very short, and I've never been the type of person to insult or talk nasty to people, but for the past year or so, I have been just saying what I think, usually "before" I think, and then I feel really bad about it.(Sometimes) Mood swings are less of a problem since my mood is now stuck in the crappy mode. As for my feelings getting hurt, I had that problem for so many years. Now it's just the opposite. Linda D.
    Linda D: Welcome back - I missed ya! I saw your topic and thought, "Uh oh, someone is talking about me!". Mood swings hit me like a wave - swoosh! My brother tells me I need to chill. My doc tells me I need to get rid of some stress in my life. My mind tells me I can't handle 20 things at once anymore. My tolerance for pain has always been zero - natural wimp here - and I think this pressure from the pain has so much to do with it. I've said more to people on this board than I've said to my family or friends about my condition from day one. I have the "open mouth, insert foot" problem, and I know I need to work on improving my outlook. Sometimes it's just hard, ain't it?

Old 11-30-2000, 05:58 PM   #3
    Linda D

Linda D HB User
    Hi Elaine. I also have opened up more on the board than I have to my family. I've tried to talk to my family, and I guess they try to understand, but they have no clue. It's just nice to be able to say "I'm exhausted, I'm hurting, I feel like I'm going to explode" and have someone say, "Yep! I know what you mean"! And you know that they really do!
    I'm going shopping tomorrow. My daughter Eva is taking me to VA to go to a mall. I haven't been shopping in quite a while. The little bit I've done lately has really been more pain than pleasure. Got a feeling tomorrow's going to be more of the same. I dread all the people Christmas shopping and pushing and shoving. But my husband and Eva think I need to get out, and I really do need to get a few gifts. I just dread it so much! Anyway, if they don't put me in jail for cussing people who bump into me, or run into me with their carts, or letting their kids run wild in the mall, I just may make it! I may not be back for a couple of days after this, but I shall return! Take care! Linda D

Old 12-01-2000, 08:22 AM   #4
    Scooby
    Veteran

Scooby HB User
    Hi Guys! You are describing my sister who has had Fibro about 15 years or so. She yells at people when we are out shopping. She yells at the parents for not watching their kids because alot of times the kid pushes the stroller right into her legs. She will look right at them and say did you bring that stroller so your kid could push it into people? I am a new patient compared to all of you. In about 10 years I will probably say the same.

------------------

~Luv, Scoobs~

~Luv, Scoobs~

Old 12-03-2000, 12:33 PM   #5
    Charlie Weaver

Charlie Weaver HB User
    I know that for the past 3 to 4 years it has gotten to the point where I enjoy the holidays less and less. I know that those will be my worst time because of stress and having so much to do. I have had many days where I just go into my room and cry. It may not have anything to do with the present situation, but like Scoobs (I believe) said, I have just reached my snapping point. And then I feel bad and then it only makes it worse and then the depression will set in. I've sat in my doctors' offices and cried because I just don't know if I can or want to take on any more. Of course I've also had the added stress of waiting for my husband to get his new heart (which he did finally receive in July 2000) and then my newest grandchild was born one month early (Nov. 29) and she only weighs 4 lbs. 5 oz and 17 inches long. They were supposed to come home yesterday, but the baby turned jaundice and some count was out of whack. So naturally my daughter stayed with her and then today her temp went up and her count went down. What a mess, and of course, as everyone in my family knows, I am the #1 worry wart in the entire US. I used to love to cook, but now it's to the point that I hate it and my entire house looks like a tornado went through, and it wasn't the white tornado either. I keep thinking that one of these days I may have to call in a maid to get it back in order and maybe do that once every couple of months just so I won't feel so bad. Gosh I hope I've not rambled too much. Just had a lot on my mind today I guess and you all were my sounding board.

Closed Thread