It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• Concrete Slab in House

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-21-2000, 06:08 PM   #1
    Charlie Weaver

Charlie Weaver HB User
    Unhappy Concrete Slab in House

Just to begin with, I am taking advantage of the time that my computer is up and running. I know that on Wednesday after I take it in, I won't be online for a few days and have to post as much as possible.
    My husband and I have a 2-story house. We used to be upstairs, and our daughter lived downstairs with her husband to help us out. After a while when both of us had trouble getting up and down stairs, we moved down to the in-law apartment. It is on a concrete slab. The floor is so cold and was wondering if anyone else is on the slab level of their house. I also wondered if this might make our symptoms worse in the winter. I know there are a lot of symptoms associated with our wonderful crap, but I was just wondering if it might make things worse for us FMSers. (Also taking advantage of my brain being in gear for the first time in a long long time.)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-25-2000, 09:59 AM   #2
    Elaine from Kentucky

Elaine from Kentucky HB User
    Arrow

Charlie--I was wondering the same thing about hardwood floors. I've got 'em and when I am on my feet a lot at the house, I can tell a big difference when I go into other rooms of the house that are carpeted. Do you think it's the padding that makes the difference?

Old 12-26-2000, 08:04 AM   #3
    Elaine from Kentucky

Elaine from Kentucky HB User
    Great tip, Cyn! Although I must admit I have trouble tripping over my own feet as it is, I could use a pair of bunny slippers!

Old 12-26-2000, 03:49 PM   #4
    Charlie Weaver

Charlie Weaver HB User
    Wink

Elaine and Cyn, I was actually talking to my daughter about "battery operated" socks. I remember they came out years ago, I thought it was hysterical, but it sounds good now.
    I wear socks with slippers and still freeze. Thank goodness we have a fireplace insert which is going 24/7. That's the only time I really feel warm.

Old 12-26-2000, 04:24 PM   #5
    Scooby
    Veteran

Scooby HB User
    I say anything cold and/or damp makes me ache....the warmer the fuzzier the better

------------------

~Luv, Scoobs~

~Luv, Scoobs~

Old 12-26-2000, 04:56 PM   #6
    Tonya
    Inactive

Tonya HB User
    Talking

I have hardwood floors throughout the entire house and it gets so cold my feet go numb. I had some really thin slippers that did not do much justice so I asked for big thick ones this year for Christmas. I got them and they are warmer than socks and shoes. I wear them most of the day. I homeschool and do not have to leave so why not be comfy.
    : D

Closed Thread