It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• depressed lonely and scared

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-29-2000, 04:53 PM   #1
    sunshinep28

sunshinep28 HB User
    Unhappy depressed lonely and scared

hi my name is pam my friend tonya refered this page to me she also has fm i am a christian and love god but i suffer from depression from my childhood as i got around 15 i had a severe head injury shortly after that got ibs as time went on i had aches and pains in my knees and wrist i did not think much of it cause my dad has rhematoid arthritis so i fiqured i had arthritis problems well i am off and on had numbness and mild tremos numbness in the face well i just had a really bad flu about a year ago right after my surgery to help my reflux and from the point on my muscles bones and numbness got worse i suffered depression as a child from abuse and all but tell all the doctors i have been to i dont believe me being depressed as a chil gave me fm you know how some doctors like to think its all depression well turns out my reflux is worse they did surgery and took the top of my stomach and wraped it around my throat no go still bad in fact worse i weigh about 80 mpounds i have always been small i eat to try to gain now they tell me i might hav3e hyper thyroid so much kepps getting worse with my health i cant handle it and i dont want to be a bother to people i believe in jesus be we all get discouraged also about a year ago i started having pains in my jaw and in my ears and neck and recently numbness in my face is worse numbness that scares me in the back of my head my jaws always sore my sinus areas always hurt and sinus ct showed nothing i just went to neurology he said something about 3 trimester shaking in the legs losing feeling in right face now i am getting a mri finally though after fighting for it they are sending me to rhematoid i feel like i going every which way can anyone tell me if they have the same syptoms in the head area meds arent working my legs are getting worse my hands unbareble thats why im not online much anymore since winter it is hard i have always fought depression but this is a little much no support except from my friend tonya and one other friend my husband is somewhat understanding but gets upset cause i cant have sex as much sorry to lay this all out im just a confused mess and im hurt by how some doctors treat fm patience im starting to support groups in my area in january if anyone has any advice on the symptoms in my face and numbness let me know an i have tryed herbs you name it my severe uncontrollable reflux creates a problem to well thanks for listening awaiting your advice tonya hey girl hang in there and thanks for sending this page to me your the best!!!

------------------
    Pam Mccadden

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2000, 07:13 PM   #2
    cioc1212

Hi Pam! Before you see a rheumatologist, write down ALL your symptoms on paper, no matter how stupid and unrelated they seem, and take them with you and hand them to the doctor. Include, headaches, muscle aches and pains, bowel/bladder problems,GYN complaints, include everything. You may also want to make a short list of the doctors you've seen in the last few years and what the complaint/diagnosis was. It doesn't have to be fancy but my doctor diagnosed me in 2 seconds after I handed her my paper and she read it. She said "Normally people with this problem have seen tons of doctors for various problems and had all kinds of tests"--that's when I handed her the list of all the tests/diagnosis from the last few years. She cracked up and said "Yes, these are the tests....."

Sometimes when we talk we get confused or forget to mention things. Or we get intimidated. Having it all on paper simplifies things for both you and your doctor.

They also had previously run tons of blood tests on me to rule out other medical conditions and had ruled out everything, which is very important since other conditions have similar symptoms. Most will turn up in bloodwork, FM doesn't as far as I know.

Good luck with your new doctor!

Old 12-29-2000, 08:55 PM   #3
    Linda D

Linda D HB User
    Cioc is right on with her info. Sounds like you are really having a bad time. Depression is hard to deal with by itself, but when you add all the other problems in with it, it is at times overwhelming! Husbands are not always the most understanding people in the world. As a matter of fact, healthy people in general don't really understand the feelings you are having. We do! Even if you don't have FM, you can still come here and find a sympathetic ear and some encouragement. Hang in there, and make sure you let your doc know everything! Let us know what you find out. Linda D

Old 12-30-2000, 06:20 AM   #4
    korken
    Inactive

korken HB User
    Wink

Pam, Yes, write everything down. We have many people on this board and different religions. It is hard when you feel so down and you think that the thoughts you are having are not quite what Jesus wants. Everyone has days, weeks etc. When there normal coping mechanisum isn't working well. That's why we are here. We understand and we all vent. It's only healthy! It's best when your able to just get it out. Keep on talking and get it out, some times I scream at the top of my lungs, into my pillow of course, don't want to scare the neighbors, and it helps me. Good luck and welcome we are here for each other. Kim

Old 12-30-2000, 10:03 AM   #5
    sunshinep28

sunshinep28 HB User
    Smile

thanks for all your support i do know that my regular doctor says i have fm and the neurologist says if mri comes back okay that he thinkks its fm to i am most concerned with numbness in the back of my skull and ear pain etc symptoms in my face someone told me it might be tmj what do you all think well thanks again for your advice and for caring enough to read so nice to have understanding people they have done rhematoid arthritis test and parkinsons it comes out fine uunless my mri shows something both doctors feel like i have fm but i will let rhematoid make an opinion to you all hang in there to and thanks again does anyone up here take flexerill i do and it doesnt really help any suggestions on good meds they have tryed neurotin and ambien and ultrium it was the best but i had a allergic reaction to it please anyone let me know if you have upper symptoms in the face numbneesss in front and back ear pain warm cold feelings in the head jaw pain dentist said i was clinching in my sleep mouth piece did not help sore in sinus areas do you think it could be tmj?thanks again i like to talk but im going to go try to do some exercise i have had alot more pain since the cold weather by for know god bless .

[This message has been edited by moderator1 (edited 01-13-2001).]

Old 12-30-2000, 11:41 AM   #6
    cioc1212

Hi Pam, I have TMJ and deep ear pain along with facial pain. I have painful lumps and sore spots in my neck and my legs ache really badly all the time. I've also had numbness/tingling but only in my legs/feet. I take flexaril but only at night. I'm newly diagnosed and the first thing my doctor did was put me on an anti-depressant that would help me sleep....once you have some normal sleep it helps you to better cope with the pain. I take Celexa but you have to be open minded to experimenting with the meds, everyone has different reactions.

Old 12-30-2000, 03:04 PM   #7
    Tonya
    Inactive

Tonya HB User
    Smile

Hey girl,

Glad to see you on here. I told you these folks were great. Like our own little family. You may want to go through a little at a time and read some of the other post. A lot of us shared our treatment, top ten symptoms, and medications. We all have a hard time believing that FM, something some say is not even out there can do this. My back won't quit hurting since that wreck and everyone tells me that I was not going fast enough to even hurt anything but it hurts so hang in there dear. The list thing is great because even if it is FM then the Rheumatologist can start treating each symptom. Love to you and hang in there. Hi guys and Love to all of you.

Old 12-30-2000, 10:39 PM   #8
    sunshinep28

sunshinep28 HB User
    hi everyone to cioc1212 i appreciate your advice its just frustrating i keep on trying meds and am having severe allergic reactions other than my mri coming back when the neuro agreed with my regular doctor it was fm i am convinced they have run alot of test and there coming out okay my regular doctor is wonderful i am going to write stuff down believe me i tell every symptom its just i know this fm causes depression i just get sick of hearing that fm is psycological but at least now more doctors take it serious im frustrated but i will be alright god will lead me to the right rhematoid doctor i am having faith i have a concern that the neurologist said im losing feeling in my right face do you all lose feeling in parts of your bodies? thanks for letting me vent out my confusion and thanks for the advice do youll ever get great doctors and then get one that acts like they could careless i guess thats my confusion right the fm is even effecting kids it should be taken more seriouslly i will hang in there with meds i just get tired of being allergic to most of it but i think the rhematoid doctor will get me straight right now i am on flexerill i hope i spell that right and neurotin and pamalor something new for headaches not really helping and pamine for ibs and a few others i hope the rhematoid doctor can maybe limit my meds to one are two that are better these arent working so i just have to be patient hey tonya i like this board there is alot of caring people it touches my heart to see the support miss ya much and thanks for being a great friend hope your back gets to feeling better soon cioc1212 thanks again hope everyone feels better and will say a prayer every night for people on here thanks again Pam I feel so encouraged!!!!sorry i have alot of questions i just want to see what you go thru with doctors and meds!I am glad i found people who understand!

------------------
    Pam Mccadden

Closed Thread