It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• swollen lymph node???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-10-2001, 10:53 PM   #1
    zzzz

zzzz HB User
    Post swollen lymph node???

i have a symptom which is beginning to scare me. about 6 weeks ago i had a virus of some sort which began as a sore throat, and then became more of a sinus problem. in the sore throat phase, my dr (whom i've now exchanged for a more fibro-savvy dr), gave me erythromycin. when the throat culture came back negative, i elected to keep taking the antibiotic because of the sinus problem. soon the sinus symptoms abated, but not completely. sometime during this the lymph node on my neck on the same side as the sinus problem, became swollen. my new dr. looked at it 2 weeks ago and wants to look at it again in 2 more weeks. i'm freaked because it isn't going away. this right side is also where my neck pain has always been the worst (fibro type of neck pain). anyone else had swollen nodes that may have been related to fibro?
    i'd sure appreciate any info. this disease is so confounding.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2001, 12:00 AM   #2
    Casper

Casper HB User
    My nodes (neck, armpits) have been up and down for the last 5 years - ever since I came down with a mono-like illness (at that time, swollen nodes for 4 months). Tests, tests, doctors, more tests and last year I finally get diagnosed with Fibro . . .
    There isn't anything to necessarily worry about, just get checked out and see how it goes - it might just be a symptom of the Fibro.

Be well.

Old 05-11-2001, 06:45 AM   #3
    ledfroyd
    Inactive

ledfroyd HB User
    when i first came down with all this mess, i had a lot of swollen nodes. My body seems to have accepted it. Now just have the muscle problems...I think allergies can make it worse

Old 05-11-2001, 01:56 PM   #4
    zzzz

zzzz HB User
    Wink

glad to know that others have had similar problems. i know someone casper, who also had a mysterious mono-type problem and now seems to have fibro. we are so in the dark about diagnosis.
    ledfroyd, i agree that there may be a connection to allergies. i've never had hayfever symptoms until this season.
    thanks.

Old 05-11-2001, 02:30 PM   #5
    robste
    Veteran

robste HB User
    Zzz, it sounds like you could have the same thing I've had lately...started out with a sore throat and some drainage...dr. thinks either a virus that's going around or allergies...my lymph nodes in my throat are also swollen because of it. I was taking guifenisin to loosen up the phlem, and now I'm on Nasonex spray and Claritin. I don't think you really have anything to worry about...it is that time of year for allergies.

Closed Thread