It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• Does This Sound Like Fibro? MS? Parkinson's?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-03-2001, 06:07 PM   #1
    Caring

Caring HB User
    Question Does This Sound Like Fibro? MS? Parkinson's?

I know without examination that no one can say for sure, but this is a recent development and who would know better than people who have it.
    Was rearended in a car accident about one year ago. Pushed into car in front of me, airbags went off, inhaled a lot of the chemicals.
    Had terrible lower back and neck pain, and chest pains. Now have chemical sensitivities and have been diagnosed with asthma, reactive airway dysfunction syndrome, and allergies, none of which were present before the accident, but started literally the day of the accident.
    Spasms followed, at night while trying to sleep. Minor at first.
    My back and neck flared up often, but right after the accident my back injury was so bad I could barely walk, and would be absolutely exhausted. Chiropractor got me walking again, but pain is still everyday, the headaches and migraines never went away.
    In between I had some horrible sweating spells followed by vomiting and dizziness.
    Well, after feeling like having a cold ever since the accident, I became sicker and sicker. Finally was able to get somewhat better a few months ago, then the spasms became more prominent, still at night though.
    Then about a month ago, I reeeaaallly
    started feeling bad. One morning I woke up, and my body was so weak, every muscle and bone in my body hurt, like bruises, it hurt to even smile. Then, I could not even hold up my head...felt too heavy for my neck.
    Spasms got worse. Now in the mornings after waking up also. Pains still every day, joints and muscles, pain medication won't take away all the pain, just dulls it. Then, spasms became chronic two weeks ago. They progressed to the point that I had to see a neurologist just to control it, I couldn't even walk cause my body was shaking so bad from the waist up. Shoulders, neck, face scrunching. He is saying I have TICS.
    Now I know this is likely more than Fibromyalgia, but, does this sound familiar to any of you, and maybe the Fibro is secondary to something else?
    Would appreciate any input. I plan to see a Rheumatologist soon also.
    Sincerely,
    Caring

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2001, 08:16 PM   #2
    cioc1212

Caring, I'm going to tell you the same thing I told someone on another post below yours.

Before you go to any more docs, sit down and make a head to toe list of anything that hurts or is not right, even if it seems unrelated, like ear pain or gyn problems. On another paper, make a brief medical history with any testing,meds,surgeries,etc. Make lots of copies. I have my symptoms on a spreadsheet, I have the symptom, pain level 1-10 for current,pain level 1-10 for past and roughly the onset of symptoms. The doctors are very impressed and it saves a lot of confusion and time.

Also, definitely go to the co-cure post and to the good doctor list, several of us have gotten VERY good care from doc's on that list. Do not trust any doctor to take good care of you, always do your research first and make educated decisions WITH your doctor. That's how those of us who are getting good medical care have done it. Otherwise you can be stuck "forever" on an assembly line "FM" treatment path. In my case, my new doctor found a very serious problem and hopefully surgery will help a lot of my problems.

I do think that MANY people with "FM" diagnosis have an underlying medical condition. Make sure you get good bloodwork to rule out thyroid probs,Lupus,etc and full head/neck/spinal MRI's.

Rach

Old 06-04-2001, 01:18 AM   #3
    lj-111

lj-111 HB User
    Dear Caring,

It sounds to me as though you are having serious repercussions from your previous accident/health. There may even be some small pre-existing condition adding to it, perhaps even pulmanary wise. I think you should print the message you wrote on this board and give it to your doctor. I think the way you told us on this board was very precise and to the point. I think it would carry some weight with your physician. If it doesn't, well...

If he doesn't investigate until he finds out what is wrong, find another doctor. If you are having the symptoms you mentioned above, you need medical attention. Ask for films of your chest(lungs) even if you have already had some. Sometimes it takes a while for that sort of exposure you spoke of to set in and do it's damage. Keep a check on your blood. Always testing for heavy metals, etc.

I sounds to me as though you went through quite an ordeal. You need a doctor who is not only intellegent, but caring and empathetic. The old saying, "A Good Bedside Manner" was not made up just for jokes. You deserve someone who cares whether or not you suffer, and if indeed, there is something they can do to ease your suffering. If he or she does not give it their best, leave them alone and find another.

Just remember, there are some things even dox can't give us. They can only do their best to relieve us. Just make sure they try!! HARD!! Besides, it may sound tacky but, don't forget; it's your dollar...

Good Luck, and let me know how you do..

Lisa J.

Old 06-04-2001, 12:43 PM   #4
    Caring

Caring HB User
    Talking

Thank you Rach and Lisa. Parkinson's meds seem to be helping a lot right now. Will be seeing Neuro again in a couple of weeks.

Blood tests aren't back yet, and we haven't been able to get an MRI this soon, but at least I've got something to help with the shaking.

Thank you again. God Bless You Both!
    Sincerely,
    Caring

Old 06-09-2001, 04:46 PM   #5
    lj-111

lj-111 HB User
    Thumbs up

Good deal.. and find out what your blood work says as soon as it comes in. Please let me know as soon as you can.

I am praying for you and will be concerned.

Lisa J.

Closed Thread