It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• Fevers Like a Sunburn

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-26-2001, 10:01 PM   #1
    Caring

Caring HB User
    Red face Fevers Like a Sunburn

I've read that sometimes people with Fibromyalgia feel like they have a fever.

My question is, does the fever act more like a sunburn?

Hands, feet, and face turning bright red and feeling like your skin is sunburned?

Am I describing something completely different from what you all experience, or can you relate.

You see, after looking into what could be causing my array of symptoms, I suspect the likelihood that Fibromyalgia may be my problem, and now plan to see a rheumotologist.

Check out the replies I made on the subject of dizziness. You may find it helpful.
    Thank you for responding to this post.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2001, 08:16 AM   #2
    korken
    Inactive

korken HB User
    Caring I get a low grade fever all the time and also turn red all over. Last summer I was red for over 3 months straight with a fever of 100. I don't feel sunburned though. Kim

Old 05-27-2001, 08:22 AM   #3
    Creeping Crud
    Veteran
    (female)

Creeping Crud HB User
    Cool

I guess sunburned would be the best way to describe how I feel sometimes - mostly in my midsection - but the skin never turns red.. It usually hits me late in the day around midafternoon..

------------------
    ~pain and suffering is inevitable but misery is optional~

Old 05-28-2001, 07:38 PM   #4
    sujenke

sujenke HB User
    I get the sunburned feeling quite frequently, and "sunburned" is exactly how I described it to my doctor. I haven't noticed that it turns red, though. When I'm in pain I tend to get kind of flushed, so I'm red all over! :-)

------------------
    Sujenke

Old 07-23-2001, 08:50 PM   #5
    la_brat
    (female)

la_brat HB User
    Both of my daugthers(have FMS)at times get a burning sensation on different parts of their bodies, but the one that is most like a sunburn is the flushed face. The face is very red. Tends to be redest on the cheeks under the eyes. When they get this they say it feels like a sunburn and it hurts in the same manner as a sunburn. The next day, the skin begins flaking and peeling. The flushed face occurs most often in the late after or evening.

Old 07-24-2001, 04:30 PM   #6
    la_brat
    (female)

la_brat HB User
    Both of my daughters have fibro and both often complain of sunburn-like pain from a variety of sources, sometimes even the sun. Often the face flushes for no apparant reason. The youngest can feel an incadescent lightbulb across a room.

A doctor in Seattle explained that people with fibro are extremely sensative to almost everything, light being quite common. Aromas, chemicals, foods...the list is long if not endless. He also said that hyper-flexibility is a common factor as is intelligence.

You are not alone. The weird stuff just keeps going on and on.

Old 07-24-2001, 08:39 PM   #7
    Caring

Caring HB User
    Red face

Wow I'm surprised to see this subject still active. Still getting my red hands and feet, sometimes face flushing too. Hands and feet are sore like sunburn and red all the time. Yes LA Brat, my hands peel like crazy since the "sunburn" thing started.

Got an appointment for Rheumatologist but have to wait a few weeks to see him. Meanwhile it's even hard to write with a pen/pencil or hold things cause this "sunburn" is so sore and makes it hard for me to even bend my fingers. I read that people with Lupus or with vascular problems also get this. So it could be anything.

Hope your daughters find something to help them. Sometimes I feel cheated because I'm pretty young, then I hear about teenagers getting this, and I'm thankful that I at least had a chance to enjoy my teenage years.

You all take care now.
    Sincerely,
    Caring

Old 07-26-2001, 08:27 PM   #8
    lj-111

lj-111 HB User
    ME TOO.. That is so wierd.. My face is always red and when I get hot (all the time)it burns like a sunburn. My hands and feet burn and itch too.

what I wanna know is, if it has to do something like that, why can't it be a tan instead of a burn!! lol..
    I have no quams with being a white girl so much, I just think I am a little tooooooo white!! Ghostly.. Well, except for this dumb sunburn crap...lol

lj

Closed Thread