It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• How I Stopped My Sleep Apnea!! Amazing Results!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-30-2001, 01:04 AM   #1
    lj-111

lj-111 HB User
    Talking How I Stopped My Sleep Apnea!! Amazing Results!!

To Whom Ever This May Concern; This is a long post, but just bare with me... For some it may very well be worth the time and trouble of reading it..

FIRST AND FOREMOST:

THIS POST IS NOT IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM AN ATTEMPT TO PROMOTE ANY PRODUCTS OR THEIR MANUFACTURERS. IT IS SOLELY A RESULT OF AN EXPERIMENT I PERSONALLY CONDUCTED IN MY HOME OUT OF DESPERATION TO CONTROL MY CHRONIC SNORING AND SLEEP APNEA. I HAVE IMPROVED TREMENDOUSLY AND MIRACULOUSLY AND I FELT IT WOULD ONLY BE FAIR TO SHARE MY EXPERIENCE. YOUR SUCCESS WITH THIS EXPERIMENT OR LACK THEREOF, IS SOLELY YOUR RESPONSIBILITY AND WILL BE YOUR OWN CHOICE. YOU MAY OR MAY NOT GET THE SAME GREAT RESULTS THAT I DID.

FURTHERMORE, THIS POST IS NOT INTENDED TO DISCOURAGE ANYONE FROM THEIR DOCTORS RECOMMENDATIONS. IT IS NOT INTENDED TO ACT AS A REPLACEMENT FOR ANY PHYSICIAN PRESCRIBED THERAPIES, DRUGS OR REGIMENS THAT YOU MAY ALREADY HAVE IN PROGRESS OR THAT OF YOUR FUTURE INTENTIONS. IT IS MY SOLE INTENTION TO SHARE MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE GENERAL PUBLIC IN THIS FORUM AS A POSSIBLE ALTERNATIVE YOU MAY WANT TO CONSIDER ASIDE FROM MUCH MORE INVASIVE TREATMENTS, SURGERIES OR DRUGS.

IT IS ALSO NOT MY INTENTION TO DOWN PLAY OR BELITTLE ANY THERAPIES, CLINICS OR DRUG TREATMENTS THAT YOU MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE CONSIDERED, TRIED OR INTEND TO TAKE PART IN. I ASK THAT IF YOU DISAGREE WITH WHAT I SAY HERE THAT YOU DO SO IN A DIPLOMATIC MANNER, AS DO I.

PLEASE, REGARDLESS OF THIS POST, IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING SLEEP APNEA SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION IMMEDIATELY REGARDLESS IF YOU TRY THIS IDEA OR NOT. SLEEP APNEA CAN BE A VERY SERIOUS PROBLEM FOR YOUR GENERAL HEALTH AND WELL BEING AND CAN CAUSE LONG TERM SIDE AFFECTS AND MEDICAL PROBLEMS AND EVEN DEATH IN RARE CASES. SLEEP APNEA SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN LIGHTLY... HAVING SAID THAT, I WILL CONTINUE ON WITH MY STORY... Thanks for your time and patience in reading this post... LJ

"My Accidental Discovery"

I have been reading a lot of posts that state that many of you are also suffering from sleep apnea and chronic snoring. I was amazed to see how many of us do and it depresses me as I know how horrible and even frightening it can be. I have noticed that a lot of you are going through major surgeries and down right torture. I come to this conclusion by reading all of your horror stories and seeing first hand what it has done to a couple of my close and beloved friends who wasted time and money and went through hell only to find it didn't work. Some of you are considering these invasive therapies and/or sleep torture clinics. I call them torture clinics as that is my personal opinion after all the things I have seen and read. I am not knocking sleep clinics by no means as some people swear by them and have had great success, but I am not inclined to do it myself and thats my right. I can't afford it anyway and because I was never able to sleep, it would have been a huge waste of time and money for me. Also, I would have probably ended up in some battle with the people in charge from what I hear about their methods. So, in simple terms, it might be kool for some people, but not me!! Fibro is torture enough man. To me, these therapies are kinda like some medicines. Sometimes the side affects are so bad that it's worse than the illness your taking it for. It all boils down to what is best for you as a person and what decisions you make!! We are all responsible for our own actions, true?

"A Little About My History"

Until recently, I had been suffering from chronic and socially detrimental snoring for several years. I have also been awakened by my husband and various family members on many different occasions becuase I quit breathing during sleep. I have even woke up from not breathing myself and it took me forever to get a breath. It scared the living daylights out of me too man. There is no worse feeling then not being able to get a breath. It's was so horrible. My husband in particular has woke me up because I not only stopped breathing, but he said I was turning blue and my lips were purple. He timed me once and I went close to 3 minutes without taking a breath and he couldn't stand to wait any longer just for the sake of timing me, so he went ahead and woke me up. He said it was the hardest and spookiest thing he has ever done or seen, and never wanted to go through it again. He has spent many nights staying awake so he could keep an eye on my breathing. Poor guy was worried sick about me. He has told my doctor many times to please talk me into doing something like going to a sleep clinic or get surgery or something, but I just didn't like the stories I hear about all that sleep disorder stuff and the torturous surgeries that have such a low success rate. It was easy for him to say, he didn't have to go through it. Even my own doctor told him that it was generally a waste of time and money in his opinion. I suppose he was only referring to me, but I got the impression he was not impressed with the whole sleep disorder clinic thing. I do however understand that some people have had great success. I am happy for those people and ask them not to be offended by my opinion and sound off on me because I will not respond to it anyway.

Like I said, I also have a chronic snoring problem aside from the apnea. I snore so horribly loud that my husband and I had to obtain seperate beds and move to separate rooms in opposite sides of the house. This was because I snored so loud that it was terrible torture for my poor husband and for anybody who slept here. Many people decline our offer to stay over night because I can be heard all over the house. My husband has had to turn the volume way up on our television too in order to hear it over my snoring.

I have been told by every single person I have ever slept under the same roof with, that I kept them awake all night with my snoring and worried them from my lack of breathing during sleep. I have been told that the reason they knew I stopped breathing is because I snore so loud that when I suddenly become quiet, they thought I was awake and came to say something to me and found me still asleep, but no longer breathing. I can't even count how many people have told me this with very worried looks on their faces. Evidently, it is a spooky experience for them. I imagine so.

Furthermore, I have been ashamed and embarrassed on many occasions because of my snoring and nobody likes to think they are keeping the whole house awake or as one guy told me, "I could wake the dead". Because of my horrid snoring I stopped sleeping over in places other than my home which meant no more vacations unless I could afford a motel. I also was asked to leave a posh hotel once believe it or not. I could have crawled under a rock and died. Other than just avoiding sleeping away from home, I always just tried to keep myself half way awake all night trying to catch myself before the snore fest begins. This problem had put a damper on my life in many ways and left me feeling like some kind of old slobby freak or something. Once I was in the hospital in 1999 for a hernia and acid reflux problems. The doctor on call the second night I spent there came in and sat down and told me that they would have to move me to an isolated ward for people with contagious diseases. I asked him why in the world they wanted to put me there. He said it was because the ward was completely empty at the time and was far away from the other wards and all the other patients on the same floor I was on. He went on to explain that my snoring was so bad that none of the other patients could sleep or get any rest even though the door was closed. That explained why the nurses would make a point to shut my door after leaving my room. He said that my snoring was so loud that some nurses couldn't even hear their patients IV alarms in the adjacent rooms. I was shocked and ashamed of myself. He was so nice about it and seemed really sad to tell me this, so I agreed to go to the isolated ward, but I was sad and embarrassed to death. The doctor apologized many times and I could tell he felt bad about it, he even came in to check on me every night I was there. Still, I felt very alone, outcasted and just plain dumb. Even though it wasn't their fault and they meant no harm, I was hurt by it and cried myself to sleep that night. I have to admit though, I slept my tail off after that. I would get my morphine shot for the horrid pain I was in and since I was worlds away from all civilization, I took advatage of it and crashed out big time and I just let it rip. LOL

This same doctor advised me that I should seek help for my snoring and especially when my husband spoke up the next day and told him about my not breathing. I did some studying and talked to a few people who had surgeries and went through the sleep disorder clinic etc. One of those people is my neighbor and very good friend Mavis. She had a procedure in which they intentionally broke her nose and cut out some stuff way up inside, including her adanoids. She went through agonizing days of pain and torture with two balck eyes that lasted for weeks, and terrible bleeding only to find out she was still just as bad as she ever was. Many of the people I talked to that had surgeries, used CPAPS etc, have told me that they do not get the relief the were after and if they had it to do all over again, they would not have done it all. One person I talked to had excellent success, but I just didn't think those were good odds for me and I opted to just live with it. I tried nasal sprays, plugs, strips, forcing myself to lay on my belly, special pillows, elevating my head and all sorts of gimmicks that were a waste of time, patience and money.

A couple of months ago I was suffering so bad from allergies, sneezing, coughing, headaches and ear aches that I was getting desperate for relief. Even my 4 upper teeth in the back and on the left side were killing me so bad from the sinus infection (a dentist x-rayed my teeth and that is what he found)I couldn't chew food. I kept that stupid sinus infection and it just would not go away.

"FINALLY", one day my husband went shopping for some things he needed and when he got home he handed me this box. He is always bringing something home that he thinks will aid me in my Fibro pain and other illnesses. He is so kool like that even though most of the time like the monster Fibromyalgia is, I get minimal or no relief from it!! Anyway, he said, "Honey, I found something at Walmart that I think may help your sinuses." I looked at it and opened it up and said, "What the heck is this?" LOL He said, "It's an air cleaner!" Well, I looked it at him like he was wierd and said, "Okay, and it's gonna do what?" lol. I thanked him and set it aside and later went back and read the paperwork on it and looked it over real good. Didn't look like much to me, but he went out of his way to try and help me, so I had to at least check it out. There was no place to put water or Vicks or nothing. I was very skeptical about it to say the least.

It is called an "AIR PURIFIER AND IONIZER". It has a hepa filter in it as well. I am no rocket scientist so all the bla bla bla in the manual may as well have been in Russian or something because I didn't understand most of it even after years of college including 2 years in medicine alone. Ha Ha. Anyway, it does something to the nutrons and ions in the air. It not only filters the air but it does wacky stuff to it like replace or rebuild that which everyday things destroy in the air because of pullution, allergins, animal dander, dust, pollen etc. it supposedly raises the quality of air we breath in our homes. I looked at my husband and thought silently, "I hope you didn't spend too much money on this because I don't think it's gonna do anything but run up the electric bill, but I'll give it a try since you already bought it." He later explained that it had a 90 day money back garauntee and it was only around $50.00. Ha!! "ONLY around $50.00", I wish he would say that when I come home with stuff he thinks is not neccesary or a waste of money. LOL..

My husband read the whole manual for me because he is an electronics technician and can understand all that stuff that I am completely stupid about. He said after reading up on it that I probably won't get any good out of it until I have used it for a couple of weeks or so. I was thinking, "Yeah, I bet it takes a heck of a lot longer than that because I think it's just another gimmick." I was really sour about the whole thing. I was just so sick of trying so much crap and all the stuff I tried and for Fibro too. Just tired man. Nothing ever works and I get so sick of that I could chew nails. Anyway, regardless of my skepticism, I put it in my room by the head of my bed and turned it on high and switched on the little Ionizer button and shut the door and went to bed. I wasn't bothered by the low sound of the fan inside it because I sleep with a fan going anyway for the noise, to block out all the other noises, because all other noises besides the constant and never changing hum of the fan drive me insane when I try to sleep.(the fans never blowing near my head of course, that would be a dumb thing for me as a sinus sufferer to do) It's really not very loud though, the ionizer machine that is. Any hoot, I finally fell asleep. When I woke the next day it was already 11 am. I had slept 10 hours!! WOW!! That was the first time I slept all the way through the night in a long time aside from my usual trips to the bathroom 2-3 times a night. I couldn't even remember the last time I had slept so well. I didn't wake myself up gagging or anything. I was like, "Kool, maybe this thing will help my sinuses."

My husbands works nights and sleeps days, so later that day when my husband woke up he asked me how I'd slept. I explained to him that except for having to #1 twice during the night and having to get a drink of water, I actually slept pretty darn good, suprisingly. He said, "Well honey, I got some really good news for you, last night you didn't snore hardly at all." I was in shock. I told him "No way David, your just saying that to mess with me and it aint funny." But he was dead serious. He said he went in my room to see if I was even asleep because I was so quiet for over 2 hours. He said I slept (and breathed) so quietly that he could barely hear me. I was astonished. I couldn't hardly believe it. He didn't even buy it for the snoring and the apnea, but for my allergies and sinuses, it just turned out that it helped. Later we read some where that these Ionizers were making remarkable progress for chronic snorers and people suffering from sleep apnea. It was an article in a magazine I was glancing through at my friends Otorhino doc. It was submitted by the AMA. Had I read it before actually trying it and getting great results myself, I would have never believed it. That little machine. It just freaks me out still to this day after all I went through, and I found a cure by accident. I mean, I still snore a little bit, but nothing that is bothersome, and most times I don't snore at all according to my husband and friends. Also, I have yet to have an episode of sleep apnea or oxygen deprivation. That really rocks!! Alas, one of my worst health nightmares is over. One down and 4 or 5 to go. lol

STILL, we (my husband & I) both considered the fact that I may have just had a good night that night and that it wasn't really the machine, that maybe I just wasn't that tired and worn out because I had been having a few good days with minimal pain from the Fibro. It just seemed to good to be true, especially for me, since I have been let down so MANY times before. Keeping my utter skepticism alive, I decided that he should sleep in my room with me that night because he was off work for the weekend. So, we agreed that he would let me fall asleep before he even got into the bed with me. I fell asleep an hour or so later and then he came to bed. He said I slept so quietly he was not only able to go right to sleep, but that my snoring was so faint that I never bothered him, not even once. He said I breathed normally and had no apnea episodes. He knows I didn't because I always jerk and shake when i have them abd it wakes him up. I guess it's because I am fighting for air.

Anyway, since then, I have used it every night. Just for the heck of it, I left it off one night and sure enough I snored like a frieght train. Also, when I fall alseep on the couch or any where without my machine, I snore badly and loose my breath all over again like always before. As long as i have the Ionizer/filter on, I sleep fine, don't snore and breath normally all night long. I even took it to my friends house when I spent the night with her (still being skeptical at the time) and she said I was so quiet she came in the room to see if I was even asleep. She couldn't sleep and got up and was drinking some hot chocolate and figured since I was still awake too, she'd offer me some and we'd chat for a while. She was in shock to find me souns asleep. She said she could barely hear me snoring, but it was so low she had to walk up to the bed and lean down to hear me. I was shocked and very estatic to say the least. "HOORAY" I thought, "I am finally free of the breath stealing monster and the snore demon!!!"

My sinuses are in much better shape too and I only had to take an allergy pill once in the last 2 months and that was because it got real hot and the wind was blowing like crazy and blew a bunch of yellow pollen all over the place. I shut my room up with the machine and stayed in my room all day and it went away. Since I have been using the Filter/Ionizer machine, I have never slept better in my life. Well, I still have a hard time sleeping with this dumb Fibro pain and waking up hurting like crazy, but I never wake up because of snoring or not being able to breathe. It has reduced my snoring so dramatically that my husband and I now sleep together when he is home at night on the weekends and now he is louder than I am. HA HA

Now I finally feel like a lady again instead of like some ol' fat, beer belly dude who falls asleep sitting up with a beer can propped up on his belly snoring like a freight train. It has repaired my self-confidence and now I can go places and do things I used to have to pass on due to my God awful snoring. I no longer have apnea episodes and that has helped my health dramatically as well. I intend to get two more of these machines. One for the living room and one for my husbands room. Whenever he sleeps in my room with the machine on, he doesn't snore at all either. I am going to run the one in the living room all day. It takes very little electricity.

I am so happy that I did not give in and go to the sleep torture clinic or have horribly painful surgeries etc, that some people have had. Poor folks were tortured. I am not sure if it will help all of you, but it sure has changed my life. My friend who had the surgery for her snoring and apnea recently purchased one for herself and she has stopped her snoring completely and hasn't had any apnea episodes. Her husband is very pleased with the results. I also turned my friend Mike in Virginia onto it too, and his wife told me that his snoring has been reduced so dramatically that they too, are now sharing the same bed again. He has also been free of his sleep apnea episodes as well. That was marvelous news for me as I have seen him stop breathing like me. It was spooky to see.

I hope that any of you who suffer from chronic snoring or sleep apnea will consider giving one of these machines a try when you find that nothing else works for you. I can't garauntee it will solve your problems, but it's darn sure worth a try and we all need to clean the air we breathe even if thats all it does for you. Especially those of you who live in places with a lot of dust, pollen, allergens, polution or even pets. If it does not work for you then just take it back and get your money back. Buy it at Walmart because they will take it back with no hassles even after you have used it for a while. You may have to use it for a couple of weeks before you get results, but like I said, it solved my problems the first night.

The particular brand I got was a HOLMES AIR PURIFIER AND IONIZER. That is exactly what the label says. I don't know how many other brands there are or even if there are any others, I am sure there is. Any brand would do I guess, just make certain it is a combintaion AIR PURIFIER AND IONIZER. It is that ionizer that does the most of the work so make sure it is switched on when you use it as well as the purifier switch itself. All you gotta do is plug it in and turn it on. One of the filters is washable/re-usable. You'll have to read the manual for all that jazz. It has high and low fan settings and even a quiet mode, but I use the high setting for the full effect. The lower settings did not produce the same amazing results.

There may be some of you out there who will probably have bad things to say or crappy comments, but I'd just as soon not hear it. I am only posting this because it worked wonders for me and 2 of my friends. I have no idea if it will work for any of you, I just hope with all of my heart that it will. Some of you out there may have already tried one of these machines and had no success and was highly disappointed, if so, I am sorry about that, I truly am. But, it would not be fair of me to keep this little wondrous machine and it's capabilities to myself, so I am sharing my experience with all of you, as many of you were kind hearted and good enough to share yours with me.. I hope and pray that you find some relief because I know that snoring and the whole apnea thing can be devastating and heart breaking for some. Until I found this machine, I suffered tremendously and so did those around me, even my sex life suffered because I couldn't sleep in the same bed or even the same room with my husband. I was very lonely for the longest time. I am so happy about this new find and I hope you will be too. If you get one and it doesn't help, (though I believe it will) please don't get mad at me, just take it back and get your money back, okay? And for those of you who have no choice but to have the surgeries and the like, I wish you much luck and I sincerely hope you have success. I got lucky though, Thank You God... Maybe you will too!!

Good Luck & God bless,
    Lisa Juarez

Ps... If anyone tries this and has success, please let me know. Had I realized that so many of you suffer from this, I'd have said something sooner, sorry about that!! I am very curious to know if it will help others, so let me know. I told my doctor about it and he is passing the info along to his other patients with the same problems. Lets keep our fingers crossed. It's high time we get a break, true?

[This message has been edited by lj-111 (edited 11-30-2001).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2001, 11:14 AM   #2
    FeelinPuney
    (female)

FeelinPuney HB User
    Smile

I went to a breathing disorders doctor and he told
    me to buy one of these machines with the allergies
    that I have plus I sleep with a dog and he said that
    was a no no. I also have severe sleep apnea. Since your reply on this I am going to give this a try.
    Like you said it's worth giving this a try to help
    sleep apnea or snoring which I snore also. I have
    tried the CPAP machine with no success because I cannot
    get a good seal on any of the masks. I will let you
    know if this works for me. Thanks for your post.

FeelinPuney also known as Donna

Old 11-30-2001, 12:59 PM   #3
    dietgirl

dietgirl HB User
    Thumbs up

well not to knock you down but i have sleep apena and i have the machine use it ever night i go on vac.and i take it with me i love it i stopped breathing 125times in 4hrs. so i am glad i am on the machine i am glad your machine is working for you but sleep apena in no joke i could have die many times my husband would wake me up all hrs.of the night i was so bad but thanks to this machine i am better today god bless you all and p.s. my ins. company pays for the machine and tests and the tests were not bad at all bye

Old 12-07-2001, 07:28 AM   #4
    bgoins51

bgoins51 HB User
    Thumbs up

I took your advise and purchased a machine at our local Walmart ($37.99 plus tax). I have only been using it for two nights but I do feel better, more rested. My husband says I snore bad but he does too. I was hoping it would also help his snoring but I guess since I have it on my side of the bed he is not getting enough benefit from it. Maybe I need to buy another one for his side of the bed? Anyway, just having slept better for two nights is making me feel so much better! I am scheduled for a sleep study on Sunday night. I'm really interested to see how it turns out. My insurance pays for it and I talked to the technicians. They said they try to create the most comfortable sleep environment, just like you are at home. Maybe if I sleep better I will have more energy and can lose the excess weight I have gained the last few years (50 pounds).

Old 12-11-2001, 10:50 AM   #5
    bgoins51

bgoins51 HB User
    Question

I had the sleep test last night. Tech told me I snored for the first half of the test and showed me the test. After she put the cpap on, I only snored a little. I tossed and turned alot and apparently woke myself up (probably from the snoring) but I DON'T have sleep apnea. She said the doctor would let me know whether I need the cpap or surgery for the snoring. What kind of surgery could I need? Has anyone had success with surgery? I'm new to all this but I am so tired of not sleeping good, night sweats, short term memory loss, weight gain, morning headaches and sore throat (can tell when I've snored real bad from the sore throat). Husband complains about my snoring too.

Old 12-12-2001, 01:35 AM   #6
    lj-111

lj-111 HB User
    Talking

Quote:
    Originally posted by bgoins51:
    I took your advise and purchased a machine at our local Walmart ($37.99 plus tax). I have only been using it for two nights but I do feel better, more rested. My husband says I snore bad but he does too. I was hoping it would also help his snoring but I guess since I have it on my side of the bed he is not getting enough benefit from it. Maybe I need to buy another one for his side of the bed? Anyway, just having slept better for two nights is making me feel so much better! I am scheduled for a sleep study on Sunday night. I'm really interested to see how it turns out. My insurance pays for it and I talked to the technicians. They said they try to create the most comfortable sleep environment, just like you are at home. Maybe if I sleep better I will have more energy and can lose the excess weight I have gained the last few years (50 pounds).
    BGoins,
    I am glad you got some better sleep. That is the main reason I suppose it works, as disruptive sleep will make anyone snore worse because they are so exhausted. However, you really need to close your door to get the full affect if that's at all possible for you. I mean, you don't have to leave it shut all night or every time you use I guess, but at least for a few hours any way. Perhaps, if you don't have a door, you can hang a curtain or something. The object is to keep the clean air from being poluted by the old air, however you may need to do it.

As for your husband, it may not be what he needs. He may have some sort of physical blockage in his nose/sinuses, it may need medical attention. Also, like I said in my original post, it won't work for everybody. Even if it doesn't, it is still a good idea to clean your air.. True? I never realized the crap we are really breathing until I read all the gunk it cleans out of the air. I almost puked thinking about the dust mites and all that. Yuck..

Anyway, I put mine at the FOOT of my bed. The reason for this is that the way my bed is located, (the headboard is by the door)having it at the foot of my bed allows the air to flow up and over me before it reaches the door, which incidently, I leave open sometimes. If I keep my room sealed off from the rest of the house though, it works 50 times better. It doesn't have to be right by your head, (ha ha, desperate aren't ya?) the most important part is to make sure it starts at one end of the room and cleans the air as it goes across, filling the whole room with these fresh Ions.

Since you got yours pretty cheap, maybe your right and should buy another one, it certainly won't hurt, and even if your poor husband still cannot get relief, it will boost yours, since it is helping already. Plus, it takes a week or so to really see a significant difference. It took my husband about 6 nights before he quit snoring, so I guess we are all different. Maybe it's a man thing, I wouldn't doubt it!!

Try turning it on and keeping the door closed or the room closed off somehow an hour or two before you know you'll be going to bed.. That will help too.

I hope you both get more restful sleep.. I wish I could come up with a miracle, but this is all I have found that even dents the snoring and apnea surface for me..

Good Luck,
    Lisa

Old 12-12-2001, 01:40 AM   #7
    lj-111

lj-111 HB User
    Quote:
    Originally posted by FeelinPuney:
    I went to a breathing disorders doctor and he told
    me to buy one of these machines with the allergies
    that I have plus I sleep with a dog and he said that
    was a no no. I also have severe sleep apnea. Since your reply on this I am going to give this a try.
    Like you said it's worth giving this a try to help
    sleep apnea or snoring which I snore also. I have
    tried the CPAP machine with no success because I cannot
    get a good seal on any of the masks. I will let you
    know if this works for me. Thanks for your post.

FeelinPuney also known as Donna
    I am so sorry for your troubles. I know how you feel. I hope as well, that it works for you.. If it don't, try not to be discouraged, I am sure you find what's best for you sooner or later, but you are right, it is worth a try and even if it doesn't do all you wish, you will still be breathing cleaner air at night and that is always GOOD!!

Good luck & let me know..
    LIsa

Old 12-12-2001, 01:53 AM   #8
    lj-111

lj-111 HB User
    Smile

Quote:
    Originally posted by dietgirl:
    well not to knock you down but i have sleep apena and i have the machine use it ever night i go on vac.and i take it with me i love it i stopped breathing 125times in 4hrs. so i am glad i am on the machine i am glad your machine is working for you but sleep apena in no joke i could have die many times my husband would wake me up all hrs.of the night i was so bad but thanks to this machine i am better today god bless you all and p.s. my ins. company pays for the machine and tests and the tests were not bad at all bye
    Unfortunately, I was confused as to exactly what you were saying, but no biggy, I am a confused person anyway.. Ha Ha..

Regardless, I am sorry to hear of your serious apnea. I am full aware of the dangers involved with apnea, that is my puropse to end such dangers by ending the apnea. Fortunatley for me, the Ionizer/Purifier has decreased mine by 60-70%.. I suppose I am one of the lucky ones that this machine helps, I am glad I am not the only one it helps, and if I understood you correctly, I'm sorry it does not help you..

As for the tests, I wouldn't know personally, but it's good to finally hear something positive about them for a change, after all, I never know when or if I may be forced to undergo them someday for some reason.

Thanks for your input, it is always welcome.. I am not a sensitive person when it comes to this forum, so you won't knock me down by speaking your mind.. I am by no means an expert on anything except for pain, and all opinions, input, or even "constructive" critisism is welcome.. I am always interested in what the other person has to say... So, don't hold back on my account, I wouldn't.. Ha Ha..

God Bless "YOU" too, that was a very nice thing to say and the quickest way to my good side..

and Happy Holidays.. To you and to ALL OF YOU!!

Lisa

Closed Thread