It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• Fibro swelling? need fibro help here.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-09-2007, 07:57 PM   #1
    BeHappy2
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User
    Unhappy Fibro swelling? need fibro help here.

Can anyone relate to this? I need to see doctor and deciding which one to see with this? Is this Fibro related or something totally different.
    I have alot of swelling in feet, ankles and hands. When i wake in morning my feet are major swelled, both hands are swelled and asleep, numb. My recent newest meds i'm taking are Tramadol for pain and Topral xl for blood pressure.
    I'm guessing my Rheumy is the one to see for this swelling ? i'm scheduled Nov. but i can't wait til then. Can anyone relate to the swelling & fibro or does this sound like something else?

BeHappy2

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2007, 04:45 AM   #2
    cantell
    (female)

cantell HB User
    Re: Fibro swelling? need fibro help here.

hello bhappy, poooor dearrrrr! I can soooo relate to the swelling..every morning I am one big marshmello!! LOL

but, the thing is fibro dont make you swell..fibro is in the muscles not the joints or the bones..at least thats what I got told. fibro causes pain, and a host of other junk. but, the swelling aint on the list for fibro.

you are sooo right about "people can have ra with out the positive test
    results".

RA does and so does OA (cause the swelling, hot spots, painfull joints and bones)
    you have to be carfull and not blame everything on fibro..doc's do enough of that..LOL

most folks would certainly recomend you see a roomie sp??? oh well..anyway, for the issues you are having with the swelling. (me I just see who I can afford when my ailment is just to much for my brain and body to handle)

maybe you can just call your gp and let him/her know about the swelling and go in and see them so they can see the swelling for themselves. they may want to take xrays and give you nasids for the inflamation..to give you some relief with the pain and swelling until your appointment with the roomie.

everytime I have to wait for an appointment that long the problem resides or is no longer there on the day of the visit..so I cant show the doctor..then as soon as I get home..bam! swell up again like a good year blimp..but thats just my luck. I hate getting that funky look from a doc..people seem to accept your complaints more..when they can physically see them. (my oppioning only)

my wrist hurt also but, they dont swell...like painfull to bend certain ways or I have days that the wrist just dont want to work..freeze up??? but I know that carpel tunnel is one of the things on the list for fibro..
    although, when my wrist hurts or dont hurt my hands and fingers can be swelled at the same time that my wrist is giving me fits too.

ok I am stoping here..rattling on as usual

~take care~

Old 09-10-2007, 09:04 PM   #3
    BeHappy2
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User
    Red face Re: Fibro swelling? need fibro help here.

Thanks for posting Cantell. You're right about how fibro hides, and i sure do know how fibro is in the muscles, boy do i know that one. I've never in my life had swelling this bad. I made appointment with Rheumy for next week, i don't think this swelling is going anywhere, have a good idea it's staying with me till next week thats for sure. I have nasids for inflamation, and lasix for swelling, not a darn thing is helping. It's getting worse. I've been under a tremendous amount of stress, and having fibro we know what that can do, just about anything. I have insurance and cost is very little for me to see my Rheumy. Then again i have very little $ but i will scrape for this one, it's really got me concerned. My ankles are huge, hurts so much! Swelling is at its worst ever.

BeHappy2

Old 09-12-2007, 06:46 AM   #4
    cantell
    (female)

cantell HB User
    Re: Fibro swelling? need fibro help here.

please be sure to let us know how your appointment goes. heres a big hug for you and hopefully the doc can nail down that swelling and pain for you.
    try to relax! stress is a big no no..yeah? like thats ez right? but, try to aleast and I have found that putting my feet up with a ice bag helps some with the swelling.
    I am almost sure that its something else going on besides the fibro. I sure hope its treatable! and you feel better soon.

dont worry! behappy!! LOL sorry had to type that..~take care~

Closed Thread