It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• Fibro Dr in Wyoming or Colorado

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-22-2002, 07:19 AM   #1
    WYdewd

WYdewd HB User
    Question Fibro Dr in Wyoming or Colorado

I was wondering if anyone knew of a doctor in either Wyoming or Colorado who specializes in Fibromyalgia.
    I have been to 5 doctors and had tests for everything imaginable. None of the doctors will even consider Fibromyalgia since I am a 33 year old male and they think it is a "woman's disease". My Mother had Fibromyocitis and Fibromyalgia for years before it was ever diagnosed. Now my doctor wants me to see a neurologist, but I am already angry with doctors not taking me serious. All of my symptoms started in June after I had 3 serious infections at once. I was feeling well for about 1 week and then started to develop severe joint/muscle pain with deep bone pain, migraine-like headaches(which I have never had before),such exhaustion that I fall asleep on my lunch hour and after I get home from work, or sleep for 12 hours on the weekends and still am exhausted. I walk around in a haze, and can't concentrate or remember anything well at all.
    Does this sound like FMS or am I grasping at straws trying to find an answer?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2008, 03:59 PM   #2
    tigger1970
    (female)

tigger1970 HB User
    Re: Fibro Dr in Wyoming or Colorado

Hello. I have fibromyalgia and just moved from the Tacoma Washington area to Laramie, Wyoming. The fibromyalgia network just sent me a list of doctors that treat fibromyalgia in the Wyoming area, but unfortunately I am not home right now so I can't provide you with that list. I think if you google them and then choose doctors in Wyoming, you can find that same list online.
    I am a 38 year old women who has had fibro for 7 years. Unfortunately, it took me six years to find a rhuematologist who would diagnose me and then he would not treat me. Later, through the fibromyalgia support group in Federal Way Washington, I found a doctor who specialized in fibromyalgia. My husband got a great job opportunity in Laramie, or I would not be here. I am very worried myself that I will not find a new doctor. I am going to head to the support group in Denver to see if they have any suggestions. I wish you luck and if you find someone good, please tell me. If I find someone, I will let you know.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:45 PM   #3
    kathy4399
    (female)

kathy4399 HB User

I have seen Dr. Michael Thakor of the Arthritis and Rheumaltology Clinic of Northern Colorado in Fort Collins.

Old 09-12-2008, 04:26 AM   #4
    tigger1970
    (female)

tigger1970 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kathy4399 View Post
    I have seen Dr. Michael Thakor of the Arthritis and Rheumaltology Clinic of Northern Colorado in Fort Collins.
    Thank you.

Old 09-12-2008, 01:16 PM   #5
    kirstee
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User

Males get this confounded syndrome also. The docs you have seen need to be updated! I don't know of any FMS docs in Wyoming, but below are a couple of docs in northern part of Colorado:

Kendall A. Gerdes, M.D.
    Denver, CO. 80202

George J. Juetersonke, D.O.
    Colorado Springs, CO 80917

Keep going until you have the right answers. One thing I learned in my quest for answers was that not all doctors are created equal; and they are totally human like the rest of the world's population.

Bye!
    Kirstee

Closed Thread