It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• Are You Electrified?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-28-2002, 01:24 PM   #1
    FrostyKitten

FrostyKitten HB User
    Lightbulb Are You Electrified?

I'm very interested in a phenomenon that has been happening to me for about 5 years now, and want to know if anyone else has experiences with it. A bit of history first:

I have had FM for almost 12 years. It was activated by a VERY severe car accident one month after my 11th birthday. I have been full-blown for over 6 years.

Now, here's the wird thing. I shock people. I kill computers. I turn street lights off and on (this has been documented by my doctor). I cannot wear a watch (they don't keep time, or they just die). If I stand in front of a sterio, it will not work. The list goes on and on.... All of this only happen when I am in a flair. All of this has been seen and documented by many people, including my doctor. The most amazing one is the street lights. I get about 15 feet away form them, and they turn on if they were off, and off if they were on. My Husband thinks it is a great novelty. My friends are a little weirded out by it. My doctor views me as a science experiment at times, but is studying the heck out of this.

So what I would like to know is this:

Anyone else have problems with electricity?

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2002, 03:08 PM   #2
    cioc
    Inactive

cioc HB User
    Matter of fact, we do. We blow fuses, lights and equipment like crazy. If there is a storm, we will get hit and lose something. In the last 10 years we've lost tv's,vcr's, the entire phone system AND phones twice. As I came in here tonight & turned on the light, it blew(bulb is about 2 weeks old) for the umpteenth time. Ceiling fans are all toast too, none of the sockets work anymore.

Weird, eh?

Old 11-29-2002, 08:13 AM   #3
    Esoteric

Esoteric HB User
    I had the problem several years ago. A massage therapist that did ChiQuong hands on therapy used to shoot the electricity off me through certain nerve therapies. It would shoot out my arm and felt like an electrical current.
    When I would sit in a tub of hot water and not move, ripples came off my fingers. My boyfriend could feel the current when he held my hand.
    I now live in a different state, and I don't have the problem. I sometimes wonder how much of my electric condition was due to the building I was living in or the area. I wonder if something wasn't hooked up right when they built the building. It was brand new when I moved in.
    also, I used a phone with a cord a lot. In my new location I use a cordless phone, so I'm not connected to electricity as much.

Old 11-29-2002, 08:31 AM   #4
    mookiemike
    Inactive

mookiemike HB User
    Hey Frosty:

Are you aware that most highway lights are halogen based and manufactured to turn on and off at regular intervals to keep heat down...this might explain some of what you've experienced.

On the other hand, if this phenomena is constant and regular, I suggest being checked not medically, but scientifically, by doctors who are more capable in understanding certifiable measurable results. Make sure your medical doctor isn't just trying to placate you.

If your "condition" stands up to scientific investigation, it may have some underlying applicability for others...who knows...

Just confirm it in the right environment!

Regards Canadian,

Michael

Old 11-29-2002, 12:28 PM   #5
    FrostyKitten

FrostyKitten HB User
    Hi Michael,

It is a constant, regular thing that happens (with the lights), and it happens with ALL streetlights. Even the one's that are NOT supposed to turn off! My doctor and I are currently trying to locate someone in the area that would like to take a better look into this. But as I live in British Columbia, Canada, there aren't many doctors and scientists here yet that even 'believe' that these things can and do happen!

Hopefully, someone will be willing to look into it and maybe find a way for me to walk down lit streets at night and not have them turn into very dark and lonely streets!

Thanks,

Stephanie

Closed Thread