It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• I also am taking Guaifenesin

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-05-2002, 06:02 AM   #1
    tawny007

tawny007 HB User
    Question I also am taking Guaifenesin

My doc has put me on Guai also along with many other meds to help me sleep, relax and sometimes just deal. A few months ago I wasn't taking anything for meds and now if someone looked in my house I think they might think it was the pharmacy. Anyway I have been taking Guaifenesin for about a month now and I don't really see any changes yet, I have been getting really bad headaches again but I am not sure if it's from the Guai or just because I'm stressed about the holidays. If anyone else that's on Guai has this side affect or any others I would love to hear from you. I would love to hear from anyone, I find it easier to talk to people that are going through the same things that I am. Hope you all are doing well and Happy Holidays!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2002, 10:29 AM   #2
    4eversick

4eversick HB User
    Smile

Tawny,

I have been taking guaifenesin for almost 3 years now and when I am cycling I do get headaches. For me it was so much worse in the beginning and also had alot of pain in the back of my legs along with lumps that seem to accumulate there for a very long time. The longer you are on guaifenesin the easier it becomes. You may not find that it's making much of an difference right now but over time you will start seeing an change. Get yourself an book and list all your symptoms that you have daily and those from time to time. Then each month look at that list and comment on each symptom, over time you will see that there has been an change in your symptoms and the intensity of your pain. If you are not cycling much, talk to your doctor about increasing your dosage, sometimes that can be an problem. Also take note when you are cycling whether you stop or not, if you happen to stop it could be something in your environment, product or food that has blocked your cycling.

Don't worry about the headaches, they do come with the cycling. In the beginning I also found that I seem to cycle for days on end and as time went on it got less and less. Now I seem to cycle once a week over an day and that by the next day I would have "flushed" (that's what I call it) it out of my system through the you know what movement. It's sudden and gushes out fast - at least that's what happens for me and I know of another who had this as well. She was the person who inspired me to research guaifenesin as an treatment and I finally took the plunge.

Don't give up and I hope you will see an change in one of your symptoms and your pain. It's an slow process but if your dosage is right and your not getting blocked by anything, you will or should see an difference. Have patience, it's not an fast treatment but for many an good one.

Chy

PS : Happy holidays to you and your family as well. Have a good on and enjoy!

[This message has been edited by 4eversick (edited 12-05-2002).]

Closed Thread