HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Fibromyalgia (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/fibromyalgia/)
-   -   muscle twitches, tremors (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/fibromyalgia/53577-muscle-twitches-tremors.html)

ttynn 02-12-2003 07:22 PM

muscle twitches, tremors

I think I asked this question before on this board, but I was just curious how many of you experience muscle twitches or tremors? I get twitches everyday in every part of my body. Most of the time you can see the twitches through my skin. I am concerned because I now feel the twitches in my hands and feet and sometimes the twitches make my whole finger move. It only lasts for a few seconds, but it really bothers me. Does anyone get anything like that? I also noticed a tremor in my hands that comes & goes. I asked my neuro if that is Parkinson's & he said no. I din't get a satisfying answer from him though. This has been my 4th neuro & no one ever has answers. A few of them said that my symptoms could be FM, but I havent been diagnosed w/it. I saw a Rheumatologist & I didn't have all the tender points. Any info anyone may have would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

vegas nerve 02-12-2003 07:33 PM

HI,
Uh yeah! I think all of us have the same symptoms as you are talking about. It is one of the most common FM symptoms. I bet you have even been feeling like you are twitching all through out your body, but you can't see it from the outside? Also, you don't have to have all the tender spots on your body. When that idea came about they didn't anything about FM. Usually they rule out everything else and say it is FM. Good luck

batman777 02-12-2003 11:27 PM

ttynn- I use to have spasms and twitches and every FM symptom known to mankind before I started Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN). I also found melatonin and large doses of Calcium helpful for spasms and twitches. All of those symptoms are gone now!

I mentioned LDN to you 3 or 4 months ago- you should try it as you have nothing to lose and everything to GAIN. Doctors don't know what is going on, therefore your treatment ideas are just as good (if not better) than theirs.

ttynn 02-13-2003 09:54 AM

I couldn't find much info. on LDN, I went to the LDN main web site & I looked other places, but they only talked about LDN being used for alcoholics & heroin addicts. I think my doc would laugh at me if I asked him to give me LDN. Is there anywhere I can obtain more info. to educate myself & bring w/me to my next doctor's visit?

batman777 02-13-2003 11:53 PM

ttynn- you have gotten the wrong info!

Do a web search for "low dose naltrexone" to find the website. Regular 50mg Naltrexone will not work and is useless. LDN is NOT the same as regular 50mg Naltrexone.

Jenetti 02-16-2003 03:53 PM

I also suffer from the tremors and twitches. I have fibro and cfs as well. My doctor said it could be caused by low calcium so she prescribed calcium with magnesium plus vitamin d in there as well for it. I have noticed that when Im on it the tremors and twitches calm down or go away, but if i run out and don't take it for a week or two , they will return.

Jen