It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• I'm a 21 yr. old male, and I NEED HELP! 2 questions included, please help!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-19-2003, 09:47 AM   #1
    bishop357x

bishop357x HB User
    Unhappy I'm a 21 yr. old male, and I NEED HELP! 2 questions included, please help!!

Like it says I'm 21 years old and I'm male, which is crappy because those two factors alone leave me feeling insufficient and frustrated, I have thought about going to groups that I've heard about back where I used to live, but now I live in Western Pennsylvania and I don't know where to look or find one! My doc after months and months of going from anti-inflammatories to anti-inflammatories and finally put me on valium and anti-inflammatories, the valium helped the tenseness, and muscle spasms, but alas it didn't take away any pain, and that was really bad, still is to an extent, but only because he finally ended up putting me on percocet 10mg TID, but still it seeps in like it has a AI for trying to mess with me (the pain that is), so I my questions are does anyone know about any fibromyalgia groups in West PA, or know how I can find some or even one, just so I can learn more, and not feel so alone, because thats how I feel now! Second question, its pretty obvious to anyone reading this that my doc is very weary on me and pain meds, because of my age most likely and the area I live in, but I know percocet works quite a bit, its supposed to be a strong pain med, but it doesn't cut it (the pain that is, again lol), so I just feel lucky that my doc is prescribing that, but I don't know what to do about that either! The whole situation is messed up! So if anyone can throw me some answers or even comments that might inform me of something I'd really appreciate it! Thanx for reading me, I know I might have been long winded, at least I still gotz (lol) my sense of humor, right? Thanx again!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2003, 11:28 AM   #2
    Sharon46
    (female)

Sharon46 HB User
    Welcome to the FM board! I'm 55, female, and live in Alaska so maybe I'm not the right person to answer you, but maybe parts of my experience will be helpful to you. First, I assume you are doing all you can to educate yourself and your doctor. Read my post about a great book on fibromyalgia for the best general source of information I've found. I tried Ultracet, Lorcet(Hydrocodone) and Endocet(Oxycodone) for the pain, but nothing touched it, even in high doses. I found that Magnesium Malate, sleeping meds that ensure 7+ hours of sleep per night, guaifenesin (read the post on it), and eliminating excitotoxins (MSG and aspartame) have helped me the most. I still have some pain, but it is significantly improved, and I'm beginning to have pain-free days, and even weeks. Hope this helps, and good luck to you in getting your pain managed and finding some kindred souls.

Closed Thread