It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• dysautonomia - tilt table testing anyone?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-18-2003, 10:48 AM   #1
    emilyh

emilyh HB User
    Post dysautonomia - tilt table testing anyone?

have any of you guys been evaluated for orthostatic intolerance conditions via tilt table. these are called dysautonmias. they cause problems when you stand up - like blacking out. it is hard for these people to stand for very long. i was dxed with fibro but the dysautonomia is the worser problem. it seems that the inability for my blood to circulate correctly has made the muscle tenseness because i tense the muscles to try and get it to flow right.

though i have this other diagnosis, it hasn't helped me much, but there are people who have luck with pills that increase circulation among others

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2003, 07:00 PM   #2
    dchc OI

dchc OI HB User
    yep. I have that same diagnosis and see a FM/CFID/OI doctor. It was REALLY easy to get work disability through with that kind of diagnosis. We can't list site names but if you do a search for childhood OI there are WONDERFUL online support groups for that. That's what's kept me sane. MOST people with CFS have some form of Dysautonomia. That's not always the case with Fibro patients though. What bothers me the most is all of the uneducated myths and false theories out there. I'm completely homebound due to NMH (Neuro/ Neurally Mediated Hypotension/Syncope and Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia too.

Old 03-22-2003, 05:37 PM   #3
    emilyh

emilyh HB User
    what myths? like that we are actually pretending to pass out and that sort of thing - or the stuff about alternative treatments and that sort of thing.

Closed Thread