It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• Anyone else have these symptoms? I have fibro 10+ years

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-09-2007, 11:59 PM   #1
    fibrostuff
    Veteran
    (female)

fibrostuff HB User
    Anyone else have these symptoms? I have fibro 10+ years

Even after having fibro so long, I never know what is fibro and what isn't.

-sinus pain/headaches
    -floaters in the eyes
    -throat pain (on the front of the throat, my gastro dr. says it isn't where the esophagus is and thus doesn't seem to care) sometimes affects swallowing, but mainly feels like pressure on my throat
    -phlebitis (blood clots), newly diagnosed
    -painful calves after strenuous activity, then calf spasms...lasts long after activity is over (many days)
    -foot going numb
    -the sensation that water is dripping down my legs

Anyone?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2007, 05:57 AM   #2
    bluelakelady
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
    Re: Anyone else have these symptoms? I have fibro 10+ years

hi stuff,
    welcome. floaters come with age. normal. not fibro. i have had them since childhood. unusual, but it happens.
    phlebitis is its own condition. not related to fibro.
    the rest of your symptoms are indeed fibro related. none of it scary, just weird.
    the pain in your legs has to be worked out. that means staying active every day. even if it is tiny walks about the house for 5 minutes several times a day. those muscles are wanting you to cave into the pain and thus allow fibro to win and keep you weak. do not let fibro win. respect its presence within and then get strong. being physically fit is one of the few real ways to combat the dreary fibro monsters.
    take a deep breath and relax. now, take another one.
    peace,
    bluelakelady

Old 10-11-2007, 02:30 PM   #3
    aphrodite62782
    (female)

aphrodite62782 HB User

Hey Stuff,

Yeah I get all that but the floaters and the phlybitos (sp?). The weirdest sensation out of all of those for me is the sensation of water running down your legs. I always feel like I have wet myself! Embarrasing!!!!!!! LOL! Anyways the other stuff is seperate like blue said. hang in there!

Sunnie

Old 10-11-2007, 07:12 PM   #4
    hippydave
    (male)

hippydave HB User

i had cool floaters last week, that pulsed/glowed in time with my heartbeat

Old 10-11-2007, 10:08 PM   #5
    fibrostuff
    Veteran
    (female)

fibrostuff HB User

Thanks for the replies.

Has anyone specifically had the throat pain? It feels like the collar of your shirt is up to high but then there is nothing there. Feel it when I tilt my head down. I would say it is where the thyroid is. I have had many tests years ago and it just recently came back. Seems to also affect swallowing.

I keep active, but sometimes the pain is so intense I have to hobble.

They neti pot/sinus was helps with the sinus pain. I get sinus migraines, as I call them, and the neti pot seems to help.

Old 10-12-2007, 07:37 AM   #6
    bluelakelady
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi stuff,
    sorry, spaced out your throat. yes i do have it. alot. one symptom that has stayed pretty consistant thru the years. i choke alot on food and water. i find massaging the area helps some. heat too. i warm a moist towell in the microwave and wrap it about my neck and shoulders.it comes and goes. sometimes i go weeks and weeks with no symptoms then wake one day and my collar is back on, heavy and a bit hurtful.
    i have my thyroid checked every 6 months. peace of mind. the choking has gotten worse since this last stroke. to be expected.
    hope the heat helps. try not to worry. just be and do the best you can to care for your body. it is all we can do. keep the sunshine within your heart and mind. you need them. as do we all.
    peace,
    bluelakelady

Old 10-12-2007, 12:25 PM   #7
    aphrodite62782
    (female)

aphrodite62782 HB User

Yep i get the throat pain to. It doesn't happen too aften at this point but I have noticed it is definitaly getting worse then it used to be.

Old 10-13-2007, 10:53 PM   #8
    fibrostuff
    Veteran
    (female)

fibrostuff HB User

Blue-
    Do you mean literally you had a stroke?
    (sorry if that is rude to ask)

Thanks to all for replying.
    When the gastro doctor is baffled by the throat pain, it can be frustrating. Just must be the muscles in that area? I notice my glands there feel swollen sometimes.

Again, thank you!

Old 10-14-2007, 07:44 AM   #9
    bluelakelady
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hi stuff,
    remember there are trigger points in the front of your torso at the top by your thyroid to each side of your throat. i massage mine. they usually holler out so i know who is hurting.
    no, it is not rude to ask me if i literally had a stroke. you are so cute! yes i did. actually 4 of them so far. my grandmother had them, like 50, in her late years prior to going off world. genetics. fortunatly they are small ones that take tiny bits of my minds ability. with p.t. and determination i get most all of it back each time. a few blanks but hey, maybe those were yuckie memories anyway? choking and a weak right leg are all that remain this time. my handwriting is a bit childish. don't care. i can do it and that's all that matters.
    i can tell if my choking is fibro or stroke related. not sure i can explain how i know that. just know my body very well. the aspects are different between the way stroke choke and fibro choke feel. hows that for confusing? when it is fibro i feel a fullness there as well as a sense of my throat being smaller. also there is an aspect of pain involved. with the stroke choke none of that is present. i just choke. even on water. i spit, make a mess, and it's over, giggle. scares those around me tho. that's the only part that is a bummer.
    hope you all are having a pleasant day. stay warm or cool, depending on age and geography.
    peace,
    bluelakelady

Old 10-14-2007, 10:22 PM   #10
    fibrostuff
    Veteran
    (female)

fibrostuff HB User

I always forget about the trigger points because my body aches all over! I have GERD or bad heartburn and I always figured that made the throat pain worse. I have been to doctors about the throat pain and they seem clueless- how can doctors not know?

My throat thing sometimes feels like there is food caught while I'm eating. I think this might be GERD though. I drink water to make sure nothing is in my throat, but the pressure is still there.

Sorry about the strokes. You have such a great attitude. I appreciate you answering my many questions. Although I have had fibro a long time, there was never anyone to talk to about it. It is a comfort to be able to talk about it.

Thanks again!

Old 10-15-2007, 07:03 AM   #11
    bluelakelady
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

anytime girlfriend,
    attitude is what will get you thru. we all need our attitude. i sure depend on mine. laugh in the face of fear and fear shrinks to nothing.
    do you take meds for gerd? i take nexium and pepcid. have for several years now. it helped that feeling of food being there go away. sometimes tho i still get that funny full feeling at the base of my neck. i have decided for my body it is an expression of fibro.
    never forget there is a huge difference between you having fibro and it having you. come play, dump, laugh, cry, whatever anytime you want. it is why we are all here. information and support in a world so big this is the only way we could find each other. thru these lovely boards and our computers.
    peace,
    bluelakelady

Old 11-24-2007, 12:13 AM   #12
    fibrostuff
    Veteran
    (female)

fibrostuff HB User

I think I forgot to respond to this. Yes, I take GERD medication. Sometimes it helps, sometimes not as much.

Thanks as always for your insight

Old 11-24-2007, 10:22 AM   #13
    laaurabeth
    (female)

laaurabeth HB User
    Lightbulb Re: Anyone else have these symptoms? I have fibro 10+ years

Bluelake lady- Thank you for this INSPIRING quote. I think this can help me turn my world around!!!!!!

"never forget there is a huge difference between you having fibro and it having you"

Old 11-28-2007, 08:35 PM   #14
    stac8454
    (female)

stac8454 HB User

I have everything except phlebitis...I think it's all from fibro. I didn't know anyone else had the sensation of water dripping down legs. I dont' know how many times I have to actually look at my leg or my feet because I swear there is water dripping down them.. strange.

-sinus pain/headaches
    -floaters in the eyes
    -throat pain (on the front of the throat, my gastro dr. says it isn't where the esophagus is and thus doesn't seem to care) sometimes affects swallowing, but mainly feels like pressure on my throat
    -phlebitis (blood clots), newly diagnosed
    -painful calves after strenuous activity, then calf spasms...lasts long after activity is over (many days)
    -foot going numb
    -the sensation that water is dripping down my legs

Anyone?[/QUOTE]

Old 11-28-2007, 11:17 PM   #15
    fibrostuff
    Veteran
    (female)

fibrostuff HB User

Do you have the front throat pain? It seems related (or, made worse) when eating, but is all day long. So weird.

A friend of mine without fibro told me she just had the water dripping sensation the other day for the first time, and she thought of me because I had just told her about it.

Thank you!

Closed Thread