It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• Lyrica does not help my pain....

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-15-2007, 10:43 AM   #1
    schao
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

schao HB User
    Lyrica does not help my pain....

Hi all:

I have tried Lyrica, and it does not help with my fibro pain at all. Has it not worked for anyone else, or is it just me?

Thanks,
    schao

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2007, 05:07 PM   #2
    weitz
    (female)

weitz HB User
    Re: Lyrica does not help my pain....

Nope, your not alone. Lyrica didn't do anything for me either. My rheumatologist also had my try Cymbalta, Neurontin and Lexapro that didn't work or gave me bad side effects.

What I do take is:
    Vicodin
    Percoset
    Lidocaine patches
    clonazepam (Klonopin)
    flexeril
    sertraline (zoloft)
    metformin (for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome)
    Centrum
    Vit D
    Vit B12
    Magnesium and Malic Acid
    Omega 3 fish oil
    Plant Sterols

It took a while to get to this list my rheum still wants me to to try phentermine to help give me more energy. Just not sure I want to take it.
    My integrative med doc does acupuncture and alpha stim that help with the pain and my heating pad is never far away.

I hope you find what works for you, I know you will you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Good Luck!!

Susie

Old 10-16-2007, 10:33 AM   #3
    schao
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

schao HB User

Hi Susie:

Thank you for your reply.
    Right now I take:

Paxil
    Wellbutrin
    Clonazepam
    Aciphex
    Percocet
    DHEA
    A liver vitamin--I can't remember the name of it
    T-3
    Testosterone Cream
    Omega-3

I saw one of your other posts---I lost TONS of hair as well and have ever since all of this started. I used to have the MOST beautiful hair, and now it is soooo thin. What helped you with the hair loss?

Thanks so much,
    Sherrie

Old 10-16-2007, 08:10 PM   #4
    LadyGwen
    (female)

LadyGwen HB User

All Lyrica did was make my pain 10x worse than it was.. I was misserable for 2 months b/c of it

Old 10-16-2007, 08:18 PM   #5
    weitz
    (female)

weitz HB User

Hi Sherrie,

You got quite the list of meds too, isn't fibro fun..lol. I wish I had an answer to how I stopped losing my hair, but I still am. My docs have done a bunch of tests and haven't come up with anything yet, I'm going to have to get it cut really short in the back soon because it is too thin to wear down but putting it up causes me to lose even more, even just brushing my hair can be a downer-just running a brush through clean dry hair and there will be at least thirty hairs that come out. If you find a solution to bring back our hair I would love to know.

Here's to less pain and stiffness and beautiful thick heads of hair to cover our foggy brains

Susie

Old 10-16-2007, 08:19 PM   #6
    weitz
    (female)

weitz HB User

Lady Gwen,

What are you doing for your pain if the Lyrica didn't work. I hope you have something to help you get through the day and get some sleep at night.

Wishing you the best!!!
    Susie

Old 10-17-2007, 06:58 PM   #7
    bikerbabe
    (female)

bikerbabe HB User

Lyrica hasn't helped me either. What dosages have ya'll tried. I'm on 50mg 3x a day.

I honestly don't know what's worse sometimes. The fatigue, the pain... hands, elbows, hips, neck, shoulders... some days it's hard to pin down what hurts the most. Has anyone had little red spots ( like pin pricks) on their lower legs?

Old 10-19-2007, 10:10 AM   #8
    anstar
    (female)

anstar HB User

I was hoping that the intensified pain I'm feeling on Lyrica was a temporary side effect. The doctor just started me on it a few days ago, and I'm at a very low dose which he plans to raise gradually. I read on the patient information sheet that one of the side effects of Lyrica was muscle pain. <HUH?> I don't understand how the FDA could approve a medication for widespread pain that has the listed side effect of pain.
    Has anyone else experienced the increased pain and then started to feel better? Or have I hit another dead end in my quest to find relief?

Old 10-19-2007, 11:23 AM   #9
    schao
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

schao HB User

Thank you all for your replies. I guess I'm not the only one
    I only tried it for a few days, but I could not handle it. I was on the 50mgs 3times a day.

bikerbabe: I had some red pin pricks on my arms, but they went away within a few days...I think they were petechiae, but not really sure. Are they under the skin or on top?

Anstar: I had increased pain with it as well, and moodiness. I definitely don't need anymore of that!

Hope you all have a great weekend...as pain free as possible

schao

Old 10-19-2007, 05:16 PM   #10
    bevann26
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB User

my rheumo gave me 50mg of lyrica 3 x a day, also salsalate 15oo mg 2 x a day. i started on these oct. 10th, but have not felt any different, except maybe less energy. i need to go back to him on oct. 24th to see how meds are working.

bevann

Closed Thread