It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• Please post if you have had your Vitamin D level tested

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-04-2008, 06:20 PM   #1
    fibrostuff
    Veteran
    (female)

fibrostuff HB User
    Please post if you have had your Vitamin D level tested

-What is your Vit. D level (even if you are not deficient)

For those deficient:
    -did your pain get better when you took supplements?
    (when I say pain, I don't necessarily mean fibro pain...could be Vit. D deficiency pain)

I just want to do an informal poll. Thanks!

Me:
    -my number was too low to chart
    -pain got a little bit better (had horrible cramps in legs), still taking supplements

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2008, 09:17 PM   #2
    Lizmo
    (female)

Lizmo HB User
    Re: Please post if you have had your Vitamin D level tested

My level was 8 ng/mL.

Since I began a 50,000 UI per week Vitamin D therapy, I haven't noticed a significant reduction in pain symptoms. However, I've been under a lot of stress lately and it's winter, so that could account for something.

I do know that my cognitive function has improved remarkably from a couple of months ago. Because of what I do, this has been a huge issue for me and the Vitamin D has really helped. It's not improved 100% every day, of course, but it's good enough for me right now.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:21 AM   #3
    Backinthesaddle
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Backinthesaddle HB User

Seems all labs are different my lab is 32-50 and I was 22. I will be retested 6weeks post Vit D supplements and prescription. I have had twitches and such for years only in the past few months once I started FMS symptoms (have had chronic pain) I started twitching in more then shoulders and arms but fingers, lips, heal, legs and eyelids. I only started the Vit d therapy so haven't much noticed. I am in a bit less pain but he also raised my Lyrica significantly.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:45 AM   #4
    Mag311
    (female)

Mag311 HB User

Hey there! Great idea to start a poll of everyone!

I was just recently tested due ot all over muscle and joint pain and my vitamin D came back at 16. The doctors said that was low and considered me vitamin d deficient. I am currently on 2,000 IU a day and I will be re-tested in 6 weeks to see if the levels have gone up.

I have noticed a little change. The pain isn't as intense but it is still there. I had one good morning that I actually woke up refreshed and ready to accomplish things. Which is very unlikely on most days for me b/c I am so stiff in the mornings.

Old 02-08-2008, 06:20 PM   #5
    philfib79
    (female)

philfib79 HB User

My Holistic Doctor ran a nutrutional analysis on me and was able to pin point what I was lacking and needing as well. As for my FM she more or less said that I needed to detox my body. So I ate very healthy, greens, fruits and vegatables, along with vitamins and a protein drink daily and I forced myself to move my limbs. I was bed riden for almost 4 months, I couldn't get a medical doctor to believe me. It seemed the more I cried the more they did not believe me, I was frighten that I was going to die because I could not get any professional help. Once I stepped out of the medical field I found the help and trust I needed. Another thing that was so helpful I had massages to take out the knots through out my body. I still have problems with the FM in my legs but I have come along way from what I thought was my death bed.

PS the Protein drink is very easy. I usually put stawberries, half a banana and Whey Powder Drink, water and ice and put it into a blender.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:38 AM   #6
    tnquilter
    (female)

tnquilter HB User

My vitamin d level is at 14.

After several doctors wanting to do back surgery due to my hip pain, one ortho sent me to a RA and she ran alot of blood work and it showed that my level is at 14.
    She has me on 50,000 units twice a week for 4 weeks, then 50,000 units for once a week for 8 weeks, after that I go on 1000 units a day along with a caltrate and centrum silver.
    I go back to the doctor on april 7th. I have taken the 50,000 units twice a week for two weeks.
    How long does it take to see any change??

Can low vitamin d cause severe leg cramps on the inside of your legs enough to cause your foot to turn in?
    I have alot of cramps and spasons in my feet & legs and had noticed having them in my back, and even my hands.

Will low vitamin d cause extreme fatigue???

Can you have low vitamin d for several years before it gets this low???

Please help!

Old 03-25-2008, 05:29 PM   #7
    sherryrenee0423
    (female)

sherryrenee0423 HB User

My rheumy was suspicious that my vitamin d level was low because of my muscle and joint paint, but it came back normal...it was low normal, but still within a healthy range.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:49 PM   #8
    Ishla
    (female)

Ishla HB User

My D was very low and Rhuemy put me on script of extra high level D Vitamins for 3 months, then I'm supposed to use otc vit. D, pretty much for life. Apparently, even though I get a relatively good amount of sunshine, my body is just not making enough on it's own.

I don't know what the actual level was, it wasn't on my report (that I recieved), but the doctor just said it was "very low".

Old 04-03-2008, 06:58 PM   #9
    TEdds83
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

Hello all! I am so thrilled to find this thread! I am been so frustrated with what going on with me. I have had muscle twitches that have been driving me crazy for over 6 months. Most recently they are more noticiable and keep me from falling asleep mostly because I worry what the heck is going on. I am not in any pain. Thank God! But a month ago my calcium and vitamin D came back really low. My Vitamin D is at 22 and the doc says it should be between 30 and 80. So my guess is that maybe the muscle twitches are cause this. I have been put on prescription vitamin D ..50,000 units 2 times a week for 8 weeks. It has only been a week. Muscle twitches are STILL going on. Does anyone know how long it takes to build up calcium and vitamin D in the system?? In the meantime I have made a appointment with a neurologist (which they can't see me until early MAY!) Just to rule out anything else for peace of mind. I am only 43 and the doc was shocked my was so low. But I am allergic to dairy... it obviously caught up with me. But she had never heard of muscle twitches with low Vitamin D or calcium. I thought that as nuts because there are tons of us here complaining of that very thing. So I appreciate any stories anyone wants to share! Thanks! God Bless!

Closed Thread