It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• Cancelled my Lidocaine Shot

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-15-2008, 10:19 AM   #1
    Lynnt66
    Inactive
    (female)

Lynnt66 HB User
    Cancelled my Lidocaine Shot

I had an appointment this afternoon for my rhumy to do injections into neck - I am so afraid and was having panic over it that I cancelled my appointment - I am in so much pain all over today - he wants to see me wednesday to go over other options - i think he wants to put me on topomax - has anyone tried this for pain all over ? I do also get horrible tension headaches - it may help with that but not sure how it will help with my entire body feeling like i got run over by a bus

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2008, 10:31 AM   #2
    Jenn4508
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Jenn4508 HB UserJenn4508 HB User
    Re: Cancelled my Lidocaine Shot

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lynnt66 View Post
    I had an appointment this afternoon for my rhumy to do injections into neck - I am so afraid and was having panic over it that I cancelled my appointment - I am in so much pain all over today - he wants to see me wednesday to go over other options - i think he wants to put me on topomax - has anyone tried this for pain all over ? I do also get horrible tension headaches - it may help with that but not sure how it will help with my entire body feeling like i got run over by a bus
    I take topamax for migraines along with many other meds. I also get the trigger point injections, lidocaine, every 28 days. The topamax has never helped with all over pain... The injections, as long as the hit the trigger point, does help. I won't lie, if they hit the trigger point, it does hurt somewhat but it has not stopped me from getting them. I usually get anywhere from 5-8 every 28 days like clockwork. Sometimes they work for a couple of weeks and sometimes a couple of days depending on how bad the pain is and how the a flareup may be. It has been more worth it than not.

Hope this helps somewhat. Hang in there. Jenn

Old 02-15-2008, 10:35 AM   #3
    Lynnt66
    Inactive
    (female)

Lynnt66 HB User

Thank you for your reply - I have such fear of needless it is not funny - I did ok a shoulder injection last year with cortozone and it was painful and i had a bad reaction -

Old 02-16-2008, 03:11 PM   #4
    kirstee
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User

When my physician did injections, he always numbed the area beforehand with "hurt-no-more" spray. You still feel the stick a little, but it isn't so bad. You hurt yourself worse when you stub your toe. You may reap some real benefits from the injections, so you shouldn't let fear grip you. If you had trouble with cortisone (I wasn't sure if you meant you had a bad reaction to the injection or if you had a bad reaction to the cortisone), you could ask your doc about botox injections. I found this helpful as it keeps the muslces quiet for several months, but it does wear off and you have to undergo a new series of injections.

Blessings,
    Kirstee

Closed Thread