It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• Fibro on only one side of body

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-27-2008, 04:45 AM   #1
    bootsie33
    (female)

bootsie33 HB User
    Fibro on only one side of body

Hi, does anyone out there have fibro pain on only one side of your body? I was diagnosed with fibro 7 years ago, but everything I read concerns the entire body.
    Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2008, 06:21 AM   #2
    baserockermom
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

baserockermom HB User
    Re: Fibro on only one side of body

Bootsie, right now I am medicating a lot of pain on my right side. A week ago I had to give up my goals because of severe pain in my ankle and with my feet in general. A couple of weeks ago I would scream out in agony about the pain in my left arm--my right hurt some, but nothing like the left. Other than the neck/shoulder region, I rarely have pain affecting both sides at once. If it is, then one side hurts a lot worse than the other. Don't know how that fits with the diagnosis I got of fm, myofascial pain, carpal tunnel (after a bunch of other diagnoses), but that's my story and I'm sticking to it .

Old 03-27-2008, 07:43 AM   #3
    bluelakelady
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi bootsie,
    welcome to the boards. there are no rules with fibro. it is like having an unruly child inside you. it affects each of us differently. remember the research you read is not conclusive. no one yet knows the why or how of fibro. it is as individual as we are.
    peace,
    bluelakelady
    ps for myself it dances in a different place each time it decides to visit.

Old 03-27-2008, 04:10 PM   #4
    Grapedy
    (female)

Grapedy HB User

My right side is giving me fits today. Right upper arm feels like somebody used it for a punching bag. Left arm is perfectly fine. Sometimes that's the nature of the beast. The only predictable about FM is that it will be unpredictable.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:02 AM   #5
    bootsie33
    (female)

bootsie33 HB User

Thanks for your replies and encouragment...today I am in a lot of pain, mainly right elbow and hip....I do believe that weather affects fibro and of course we are supposed to get some rain.....

Currently taking flexeril and cymbalta for the fibro, but also take requip for restless leg syndrome.

And to add to that I recently had a spinal fusion, from which I am recovering "nicely" as the doc says....but am still taking percocet and/or tylenol #4....just wish the fibro pain would go away..it's worse than the surgey pain was...

Ice is what I use to help stop the throbbing fibro pain....

What other pain meds have you used sucessfully for fibro pain? I'm seeing my rheumatologist next week.

Thanks,

Old 03-28-2008, 10:35 AM   #6
    kirstee
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User

Hi Bootsie:

I was originally affected on my right side, and eventually it took over the left as well. The syndrome is usually progressive.

Blessings,
    Kirstee

Closed Thread