It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• Is swelling a fibro thing?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-01-2008, 06:15 AM   #1
    sey
    Inactive

sey HB Usersey HB User
    Is swelling a fibro thing?

Hi all x l aint doing too good at mo chest/throat/sinus infections as well as aches and pains sigh.... today well last night my wrists and just above my wrists have been really painful and today they look swollen as do my fingers : is this a common fibro thing or is it something else? Thanks all xxx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2008, 10:15 AM   #2
    mista0316
    (female)

mista0316 HB User
    Re: Is swelling a fibro thing?

Hello,

My dr tells me it's the fibro that does that. I have my hands and my ankels that swell all the time. Even my shoulders and my collar bones(not the bone but the area) swell up often.

take care,

M

Old 07-06-2008, 10:18 AM   #3
    sey
    Inactive

sey HB Usersey HB User

Thanks lm sure my bottom ribs do too

Old 07-07-2008, 06:25 AM   #4
    gorgee
    Inactive
    (female)

gorgee HB User

My fingers, hands, and right above my wrist are swollen too, also my feet. I am not sure if it is a fibro thing, but possibly. As I type it is painful, if I exend my fingers they are sore, my feet too. I am trying to drink as much water as I can, and watch salt, but I have not seen much of a change. The pain in my hands and feet started last October, and has been here every since. Is there anything else we can do?

Kass

Old 07-07-2008, 09:34 AM   #5
    sey
    Inactive

sey HB Usersey HB User

Thank you so much for that x Yes l understood what you said. I had aload of blood work done on Friday as lve been feeling really bad lately inc. feeling like lm goign to pass out and strange pains I go back to the doc middle of the week so will see if l learn anything new then. Ive also requested they test my ft3 thanks to a post l found on the fibro board as l have no thyroid now and was told l didnt need ft3 done now.... but that was wrong info so hopefully l might get some answers at last mid week. Like the other poster my hands and wrist area have been bad too lately if l try and wave my hands it feels like someone has bent back my wrists and my ankles ahve been a bit sore too and upper back muscles... Oh the list is endless lol sorry to rant! The anxiety is pretty bad too right now l know its from feeling ill, yesterday l sat in bat with tears pouring down my face l was so sore and fed up! Thanks again for the replies xx Ps lve also felt really itchy lately too?

Old 07-07-2008, 10:50 AM   #6
    sey
    Inactive

sey HB Usersey HB User

Hi and thanks Goldenwings x l really really feel for everyone who finds themselves here... you feel so helpless at times and its reassring to find your not alone sadly. I see your in the UK too I think l could do with something mild for the anxiety... ive held off asking so far but l know its getting worse today l had to go to the post office and l could feel myself getting fired up when l was outdoors light headed breathfulness etc you know the usual anxiety attack symptoms... will see what happens mid week might ask for something mild and see how things go. I know if felt ok l wouldnt be as anxious if that makes sense? Thanks again for your kind words look after yourself too xx

Closed Thread