It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• White matter changes

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-12-2008, 03:29 PM   #1
    May76
    (female)

May76 HB User
    White matter changes

Just wondering if anyone else had an MRI done with a finding of a few nonspecific white matter changes? I wasn't sure if FM patients tend to have these types of changes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2008, 04:33 AM   #2
    bevann26
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB User
    Re: White matter changes

may...yes, i had the same results as you did on an mri last yr. my neurologist told me it was an aging process.
    take care....bevann

Old 08-13-2008, 01:18 PM   #3
    May76
    (female)

May76 HB User

Thanks for the feedback. Did he say what age these types of changes would become noticeable at? I'm 31, and I wasn't sure if it was normal to see age-related changes at that point.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:27 AM   #4
    bluelakelady
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi may,
    i am in my 50's and my last mri, take only a few months ago showed only a healthy brain. no changes from the other 5 over the past 4 years. and they said i had 6 strokes. now they call them spells. don't you love it? spells. giggle.
    there was one line of white and the neuroligist said it is water. normal to have bits of water in the brain. this was confirmed by the doc who read the mri at the hospital.
    the body is an amazing thing. it never stops changing.
    peace,
    blue

Old 08-15-2008, 12:59 AM   #5
    DeBeachSiren
    Veteran
    (female)

DeBeachSiren HB User

You all are lucky to be able to have the MRI's to see the changes, if any. One of the drawbacks to having implant stimulators, the only one, is no magnetic anything. Mine are in my head and....... kaboom. I can only have CAT scans and x-rays. I think it's wonderful that you are able to do this, it's got to give you peace of mind.

Blue, no matter what happens to you, you are always so gracious and up.

AnnwBoleyn

Old 08-15-2008, 08:37 AM   #6
    bluelakelady
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

thank you anne,
    i decided when i got sick the one thing i wanted to learn was to be gracious about it. and to laugh alot. so thanks girlfriend. i am honored by your words. i can't have any more cat scans or x-rays due to too many and they don't want me to get any more anything involving radiation use. we all have our little goodies, don't we?
    this body human, so bizarre, yet so adaptable. amazing.
    peace,
    blue

Last edited by bluelakelady; 08-15-2008 at 08:38 AM.

Closed Thread