It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• fingers numb on one hand

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-09-2008, 05:55 AM   #1
    moekelly24
    (female)

moekelly24 HB User
    fingers numb on one hand

hello all..

I was wondering if anyone else has numb finger tips all the time on any or all fingers? Is this a sign of fibro? I have a dr but he says I am healthy adn just need more sleep. I get more sleep but no change and seems like I am getting more symptoms and the ones I have are worse.. I ususally just read but wanted to ask about this as it concerns me. Thank you for taking hte time to read this and respond..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2008, 06:28 AM   #2
    bluelakelady
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
    Re: fingers numb on one hand

hi,
    welcome to the boards. i have numbness in my hands. it comes and goes. has for 14 years. however, i was diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome, had the surgery and guess what? yea, it still happens. is it fibro? i have no idea. i just got used to it.
    always best to rule out any other possible reason for a symptom. perhaps a visit to your doctor is in order?
    peace,
    blue

Old 12-09-2008, 09:50 PM   #3
    lifonahil
    (female)

lifonahil HB User

I have numbness in both hand and fingers due to the swelling of joints in my hand. But i have FM and palindronic Rhumatism. So i am not sure if the swelling is part of one or the other.

Fibro,Mgus,Palindromic Rheumatism. Cervical spinal stenosis

Aunt Laura

Old 12-17-2008, 01:19 PM   #4
    DecLady
    (female)

DecLady HB User

There are people that are 'experts' on FM that say that is one of the sypmtoms. Devin Starlanyl talks about it her books on FM.
    I know that I have numbness at times in my hands and in my feet. I also have skin sensations in both that are 'odd'. Sometimes like 'pins and needles' all over, sometimes just like a knife is stuck in my hand/finger/toe/foot.

I am not sure why this happens! But if it continues for you, I certainly would mention it to your doctor, as often we have symptoms that we attribute to FM when they could well be something else entirely!

Old 12-17-2008, 06:38 PM   #5
    cheryl810
    (female)

cheryl810 HB User
    Unhappy Re: fingers numb on one hand

Yeah, I've had this for years not knowing that it was FM but gradually has gotten worse over the years. I had nerve testing done for carpel tunnel but it showed up negative. Just like Declady; I get really weird pains all over especially in my hands, fingers and arms. Just yesterday as I was driving the pain gradually came on in 3 fingers on my left hand and 2 on the right. it got so intense with pain and numbness in my fingers and hands that I couldn't hold the wheel anymore and almost had an accident.
    You probably should talk to your doctor with your concerns, there may be more to it than what he or you think.
    I was just diagnosed with FM; it explains ALL of my aches and pains that I've had for years and has gotten much worse recently.

Old 12-17-2008, 07:19 PM   #6
    seaturtle
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

seaturtle HB User

I have numbness in fingers sometimes. They go dead white and numb. But I have Raynaud's
    Syndrome. Have you checked that one out? I believe that can go with the fibro, but also exists all by itself (what doesn't go with fibro, anyway?)

Old 12-18-2008, 08:41 PM   #7
    BeHappy2
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User

MoeKelly24 i also have the numb finger tips and was referred to a neurologist for a nerve conduction test which was positive for carpal tunnel. i also have Fibro and symptoms can be confusing.
    Lifonahil, i had never heard of Palimdronic Rheumatism and searched on that one. Thanks for sharing

BeHappy2

Old 12-19-2008, 11:07 PM   #8
    diva425
    (female)

diva425 HB User

Yes and no...It is not directly from fibro, but it is related in a way. I had that too...actually the entire left side of my body was numb at it's worst point. My fibro is worst in my back and my muscles spasm so violently that it actually pushes my spine out of alignment. If you are severely out of alignment it can cause numbness in extremities such as your fingers. It can also be a sign that you have an impinged (pinched) nerve. I know when my fingers get numb a quick visit to the chiropractor helps me.

Old 12-29-2008, 03:11 PM   #9
    k2626
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

k2626 HB User

Yes though I have no clue if I have fibro since I dont have tender points I have possible lyme

Closed Thread