It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board

• dropping stuff?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-09-2009, 01:18 PM   #1
    SnowBunny89
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User
    dropping stuff?

In the last day. I have dropped 2 pieces of pizza, a cup of cashew nuts, and cap to my vitamin-d bottle. is this normal?

I feel like I have the dropsies. sp? LOL

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2009, 01:27 PM   #2
    Pammyann
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Pammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB User
    Re: dropping stuff?

I think clumsiness goes along with Fibro. I am pretty good these days but I can be clumsy when I approach my time of the month.

Old 07-09-2009, 05:31 PM   #3
    Glojer
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

snowbunny, welcome to the club....giggle...of dropping things. I drop lots of things all the time. I have always thought it was from the joint pain. I really don't know what causes it, but I do know it is very annoying. What I really hate to drop is a pill, I yell NO immediately whether the dog makes a move or not.

I am always very careful when I am handling precious breakables like the ceramic spoon holder my daughter in law and grandson made for me. It does get that bad for me, I hope it doesn't for you.

Glojer

Old 07-10-2009, 03:20 AM   #4
    SnowBunny89
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User

I never had this problem. This is a new thing. I never dropped stuff this much

Old 07-10-2009, 05:45 AM   #5
    Jenetti
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Jenetti HB User

yes, i think ive written about it here before. i call them slittle jerkies. small little jerks lol.for me its either ive got the night big jerks ,like restless legs, or mostly in the mornings is when i have the slittle jerkies. i can have a cup in my hand, and total control is lost for a split second, like my hand control isnt t here, but in that split second i just dropped another cup, plate, for, or whatever. My hand control is back in a split second, like a small little jerk and then boom control is back. I hate that, but its nothing i can sense coming on or anything like that, not painful either. been like that for years now. docs just seem to nod their heads, or scratch it, but its never been explained to me further than "it must be the fibro". hmmm

Old 07-10-2009, 01:21 PM   #6
    djl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User

yep...happens to me too. but if yo are having any numbness or tngling let your doc know. That happened to me about 3-4 years ago (before the fibro) and found out I had compression on my spinal cord and damage. SO<<if there is every anything new like that PLEASE call your doc!!

Old 07-10-2009, 11:29 PM   #7
    SnowBunny89
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by djl View Post
    yep...happens to me too. but if yo are having any numbness or tngling let your doc know. That happened to me about 3-4 years ago (before the fibro) and found out I had compression on my spinal cord and damage. SO<<if there is every anything new like that PLEASE call your doc!!
    no i don't feel numb. I was just dropping stuff.

Old 07-11-2009, 01:07 PM   #8
    BeHappy2
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User

Oh yes SnowBunny, dropping stuff is a Huge part of Fibromyalgia.
    Just like bumping into doorways is another.

Fibromyalgia has its mysterious ways with us.

BeHappy2

Old 07-12-2009, 07:03 AM   #9
    Jenetti
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Jenetti HB User

YES, bumping into doorways for sure. i get more bruises doing that , than if i had just played a football game with high school seniors!! and stiffness, oh mornings are awful. i do my morning routine before i get out of bed. stretch in bed exercises, theyre quite convenient and help with the stiffness. otherwise i get up and honestly, walk like a 90 yr old woman.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:23 AM   #10
    Fibrogrrl
    (female)

Fibrogrrl HB User

That was one of my first symptoms after I was dx'd. I used to be carrying my cell phone in my hand, and suddenly it would fly across the room/parking lot/office. It's like if I stopped paying attention to holding it, my fingers would relax. If I held on consciously and tightly it didn't happen.

Through the last few years, my new thing has become breaking glasses. I mean, I'm actually afraid to wash them, I've broken so many!

Anyways, my point was to suggest you read up on Dysautonomia? I've been getting muscle tremors and shakiness, hands clenching and unclenching, and my legs giving out...So weird, I'll be standing there, and suddenly one or both of my legs will just slowly begin to give way and I find myself trying to catch my balance. * inappropriate website link removed by hb-mod, moderator *

Do you have low bp by any chance?

Last edited by hb-mod; 07-15-2009 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Please do not post instructions and/or links to commercial websites. Please read and follow Posting Policy. Thanks! :)

Old 07-15-2009, 12:25 AM   #11
    Fibrogrrl
    (female)

Fibrogrrl HB User

OMG! I thought I was the only one! I'm ALWAYS bumping into doorways & walls! The bruises have gotten so bad that I went and bought some spray tanner to try and cover them up so I can wear summer clothes!

Old 07-15-2009, 05:04 AM   #12
    BelleoftheSouth
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB User

This is why we have paper plates and plastic cups in my house...

I drop everything...the cell phone decides on it's on to take off flying across the Parking Lot AND OF COURSE with my *Luck* it slides UNDERNEATH a Car...I guess people sidestep me because the air is blue and they see only the backside of me because half of me is under the car feeling around for the phone

(talk about losing your diginity...)

Walk into walls..stairs are a whole new story..

Yep...I drop 99% of things I pick up but I will keep trying to hang onto things..

~Belle~

Last edited by BelleoftheSouth; 07-15-2009 at 05:04 AM.

Old 07-16-2009, 02:14 AM   #13
    SnowBunny89
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BelleoftheSouth View Post

I drop everything...the cell phone decides on it's on to take off flying across the Parking Lot AND OF COURSE with my *Luck* it slides UNDERNEATH a Car...I guess people sidestep me because the air is blue and they see only the backside of me because half of me is under the car feeling around for the phone

Yep...I drop 99% of things I pick up but I will keep trying to hang onto things..

~Belle~
    I haven't dropped anything lately. But OMG last night I wacked my head right in the door frame. I walked right into it. And I was freaking out because of what happened to Natasha Richardson. I almost feel over a table too, and Actually fell over a chair once. The thing is Fibro makes me unsteady, But also so does xanax i'm only on 2mg but I get loopy. LOL so it's double for me.

Old 07-16-2009, 05:28 AM   #14
    BelleoftheSouth
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB User

Hi SnowBunny.I take xanax at night to make me sleep..I swear sometimes I feel like I'm drunk when I wake up. I stumble all over the place for a few minutes before I get my bearings but I stay foggy for the day.

I hate kitchen cabinet doors..I've seen more stars than I care to count..the new look in kitchens is cabinets WITHOUT DOORS (and I'm in my glory)..but can't convince my husband that it's the 'style' so when I can remember I stand waaay back then open the doors..

The things we do...

~Belle~

Old 07-16-2009, 01:00 PM   #15
    Fibrogrrl
    (female)

Fibrogrrl HB User

Haha! Totally been there! And I do paper plates & plastic cups now too, lol. Partly cuz of the dropping things, partly cuz it kills me to do the dishes, so tired after I eat, preparing the meal sometimes wipes me out, so they inevitably pile up...

Haha, I've totally done the under the car looking for cell phone thing too, lol.

Thank goodness I don't have stairs anymore...When I did it just was hard to get up them, but now I'd probably have cracked my head if I had to climb them every day...as it is, I seem to have flared myself just climbing up the ones to the main floor of my friend's condo who had a b-day party Sunday. Could barely walk for 3 days!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BelleoftheSouth View Post

~Belle~

Closed Thread